Mein Schiff 3 Review and Specifications
Specifications of Mein Schiff 3
|Year built||2014 / Age : 5|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Turku, Finland)|
|Building cost||EUR 500 million (USD 620 million)|
|Owner||TUI AG and RCCL (Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd)|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||293 m / 961 ft|
|Beam (width)||35 m / 115 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||99430 gt|
|Passengers||2506 - 2700|
|Decks with cabins||12|
|Christened by||Helene Fischer|
Current itinerary of Mein Schiff 3
Mein Schiff 3 current cruise is 14 days, round-trip Vietnam Mit Hong Kong. The itinerary starts on 13 Mar, 2019 and ends on 27 Mar, 2019.
Review of Mein Schiff 3
TUI Mein Schiff 3 cruise ship is owned by TUI Cruises and built by Meyer Turku Shipyard (Finland). The vessel is TUI's first newbuild, followed by the same-series sisterships Schiff 4 (2015), Schiff 5 (2016), Schiff 6 (2017), Schiff 1 (2018) and Schiff 2 (2019).
History - construction and ownership
TUI Cruises is a Germany-based Joint venture cruise company of TUI Group (British-German travel and tourism corporation) and RCCL (Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd - US passenger shipping company). TUI started operations in 2009, targeting predominantly the German-speaking market with a premium travel vacation product. German is the main onboard language on all TUI Schiffs (ships). TUI's sister-brand is Marella Cruises (UK source market).
The 99,430-ton, 2,506-passenger Mein Schiff 3 was built at STX Finland Turku shipyard and delivered to TUI Cruises on 22 May 2014. Another identical vessel (Schiff 4) was completed in 2015. TUI liners from this series use environmentally friendly power plants and energy efficient solutions in order to cut emissions by 30% compared to other vessels of identical size.
TUI Cruises made significant investment towards the improvement of the fuel consumption and to maintain high environmental friendliness standard. Curious moment before the construction of the ships at the STX Finland in the end of 2012 was that the Finnish shipbuilder was in serious financial troubles and if the deal for the construction of the two identical ships was not signed, the company would have declared bankruptcy. At the end, STX Finland was awarded the needed amount of money by the Finnish Government.
TUI Mein Schiff 3 cruise deals are ticket-price inclusive of:
- 24-hour food and snacks on the ship
- over 100 brand beverages and cocktails (excepting premium brand alcohol)
- facilities and entertainment for children and teens
- complimentary access to SPA's sauna area
- complimentary Gym and wellness courses
- onboard entertainment (shows, concerts, theatrical and musical performances)
- gratuities (all onboard tips).
Cruise itinerary program
TUI Schiff 3 itinerary program was initially based on Canary Islands cruises (leaving from Gran Canaria), Mediterranean roundtrips (from Mallorca and Malta), and Caribbean roundtrips out of Dominican Republic and Barbados, with Transatlantic repositioning crossings Europe-Caribbean-Europe.
Currently, the ship offers repositioning through Suez Canal (Europe-Asia-Europe) and between Mediterranean-Baltic.
- Singapore roundtrips (in Southeast Asia) visit ports in Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia.
- From Germany (Bremerhaven) are operated Baltic Sea cruises (Norwegian Fjords, Scandinavia and Russia, UK, Iceland) and roundtrips to Iberia.
- Canary Islands itineraries (Gran Canaria roundtrips) also visit ports in North Africa (Morocco).
TUI Mein Schiff 3 offers a total of 89 Suites, 957 Balcony staterooms (that are 80% of all rooms), 97 Oceanview rooms and 123 Interior cabins. The number cabin categories is 23. Mein Schiff 3 also has 6 wheelchair accessible cabins, all located on Deck 3, with wider entry and bathroom doors, emergency phone, special handrails and location close to the passenger lifts. Bonus services for all Suite cabin categories include free Internet access, Xbox gaming console, complimentary mini-bar, concierge service, priority services, in-room dining, exclusive Suites-only access to ship's X-Lounge and private sundeck.
All Schiff 3 staterooms offer as standard amenities 2 single beds (1 double bed), bedside cabinets (with drawers and reading lamp), sofabed (or 1-2 Pullman beds), flat TV (sattelite reception, infotainment system with on-demand movies, Internet, ship info channel), direct dial phone, wardrobe, electronic safe box (in the closet), minibar, Nespresso coffee machine (2 capsules are included per day), water carafe with glasses, mirrored dressing table (writing desk) with chair, en-suite bathroom (WC, shower, single-sink vanity, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, bath products - shower gel, shampoo, conditioner), individually controlled air-conditioning, 24-hour room service.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Almost all beverages, food and gratuities are included in cruise price. The food in the large “Anckelmannsplatz” buffet restaurant is all included in fare. Mein Schiff 3 also boasts a bakery offering freshly prepared tarts or paninis for free. The Atlantic restaurant is divided into 3 themed restaurants and guests may choose to eat Asian, Mediterranean food or 5-course meals (all also included). Gosch Sylt offers fish, and another Bistro – smaller snacks. For an additional charge, enjoy the Hanami – exquisite Japanese restaurant, visit the specialty Richards, or the Steak Surf and Turf restaurant.
Follows the complete list of Mein Schiff 3 restaurants and food bars.
- “Atlantic Classic” (530-seat, complimentary main dining room (of all three) for buffet-style Breakfast and waiter-served Lunch and Dinner. Some menu inclusions are at extra charge
- “Atlantic Eurasia” (265-seat main dining room; offers Asian and Oriental cuisine specialties, complimentary)
- “Atlantik Mediterran” (266-seat Mediterranean themed main dining room. Some items in the menu are marked as “family meals”)
- Hanami (62-seat specialty Japanese restaurant for sushi and traditional specialties at surcharge)
- Tag & Nacht (Day & Night 24-hour 88-seat bistro)
- “Richards” (“Fine Dining” 70-seat dinner restaurant, reservations required, at surcharge PP)
- Surf & Turf (specialty seafood and steakhouse restaurant)
- Backstube / Bakery (120-seat, complimentary)
- Anckelmannsplatz buffet restaurant (745-seat, with partially covered outdoor area for al-fresco dining; complimentary, self-service, with various food stations)
- GOSCH Sylt (133-seat complimentary seafood restaurant, a la carte menu; with outdoor seating area)
- Alster Bar & Grill.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The main language on board TUI Schiff 3 is German. Passengers can feel the relaxed atmosphere the minute they board the ship – similar to the upscale club hotels. The evening entertainment program in the theater includes theatrical performances, opera, musicals, varietes, music shows like Beatles, Sketch Parade, flying acrobatic artists and magicians. The theater boasts dynamic LED screens and a revolving stage.
Follows the complete list of Mein Schiff 3 lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Theater (1000-seat main show lounge for grand-style show productions; with a revolving stage and eight dynamic LED screens)
- Sturmfrei (Teens Lounge featuring video gaming consoles, dance floor, foosball table, activities like karaoke, cooking classes, teen parties, movies, etc.)
- The Playground area (with Internet corner and Spielplatz/video console games. Internet access is complimentary for all Suite guests. Wi-Fi is available shipwide, prices are per minute, 1 hour or 3 hours)
- “Meerleben-Entdecken & Erleben” (Sea Life-Explore & Experience - the world’s first maritime museum at sea; 3230 ft2/300 m2 sealife museum with an interactive exhibition; interactive bridge; sea cinema; researchers table)
- Atelier (Workshop/art studio for painters)
- Klanghaus (Sound House - the first ever chamber music room at sea, 300-seat with concert hall simulating acoustics; hosts events like opera, classical concerts, chamber music, jazz, cabaret performances, theatrical readings, comedies, media presentations)
- The Neuer Wall shopping arcades
- TUI Bar; Coffee Lounge; Diamant Bar (Diamond Bar); Abtanz Bar (100-seat disco nightclub); Rauchersalon (Cigar Room); Schau Bar (249-seat Show Bar); Champagner Treff (Champagnes Match; wine bar); Uberschau Bar (50-seat wellness bar with a “healthy drinks” menu); Unverzicht Bar (poolside bar); Eis Bar (40-seat Ice Bar)
- Casino (20-seat; open only during sea days)
- Grosse Freiheit (one of the most special places onboard, located at the aft of the ship and including various restaurants; features a 1800 ft2/167 m2 glass wall / diamond-shaped facade which spans on 2 decks)
- SPA Sauna area (with a Finnish Sauna room, Herbal Sauna, Salt Sauna, Tea Lounge)
- Himmel & Meer Lounge (Suite Guests only); X-Lounge (Suite-guests only lounge)
- SPA & Meer (SPA & Sea complex with a Rasul Room/mud bath, Treatment Rooms, Zen Garden, saunas; Beauty Salon)
- Sport & Gesunheit (Sport & Health Fitness Centre; Fitness classes/personal trainers provided at surcharge)
- Aussenpool (outdoor pool area with a 25 m long swimming pool, extensive sunbathing area, Aussenalster Bar & Grill)
- Innenpool (indoor, 2-level pool area with 1 swimming pool and 1 whirlpool)
- Outdoor large-size LED Movie Screen
- Insel der Seerauber (Pirates’ Island Kids Club complimentary lounge)
- Nest (baby room; offers babysitting services at surcharge)
- Arena (open-air combined sports court); Sport & Gesundheit Kursraum (spinning room for sport classes); Power Walking / Jogging Track
- Blauer Balkon (Blue Balcony) the “walk on water” spot features 11 m2 (140 ft2) glass-floor platforms positioned 37 m (120 ft) above sea level.
TUI schiff einkaufsbummel (onboard shopping)
TUI schiff SPA und Sport
TUI schiff sonnenbereiche und poolbereiche (sundeck and pool deck areas)
Mein Schiff 3 wiki
TUI Schiff 3 is one of company's first newbuilds constructed at STX Finland (Turku). The shipbuilding company was bought out by Meyer Werft GmbH in 2015. All TUI new ships were built with energy efficient solutions and environmentally friendly powerplants reducing emissions by 30% in comparison to other similar-sized liners.
Vessel designers are Wilson Butler Architects, together with CM Design and Tillberg Design. Fun fact is, that each ship brings nearly 5000 person-years labor to the shipyard. Each ship's construction engages 800 out of all 1400 workers at the yard. The percentage of German travelers on TUI ships is around 80%.
The vessel was launched on November 8, 2013. TUI's Schiff 3 christening ceremony took place in Hamburg on June 12, 2014, with godmother the German singer and entertainer Helene Fischer. The maiden voyage started on June 13, heading to Palma de Mallorca. Ship's Captain is George Alevropoulos - seafaring career starting 1995, with TUI since 2009.
Mein Schiff 3 - user reviews and comments
Photos of Mein Schiff 3Add Photo
Mein Schiff 3 ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
A record was broken yesterday, September 12, at London International Cruise Terminal. Mein Schiff 3 sailed into London Cruise Terminal...September 13, 2017
- show more news
Other TUI Cruises cruise ships
Mein Schiff 3 Itineraries
The below listed Mein Schiff 3 cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest TUI Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 Feb 27||14 days, round-trip Asien Mit Singapur||Singapore|
|2019 Mar 13||14 days, round-trip Vietnam Mit Hong Kong||Singapore|
|2019 Mar 27||15 days, one-way from Singapore to Dubai||Singapore|
|2019 Apr 11||16 days, one-way from Dubai to Heraklion||Dubai|
|2019 Apr 27||10 days, round-trip Griechenland Mit Zypern I||Heraklion|
|2019 May 07||10 days, one-way from Heraklion to Palma de Mallorca||Heraklion|
|2019 May 17||9 days, one-way from Palma de Mallorca to Bremerhaven||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 May 26||7 days, round-trip Westeuropa Mit Amsterdam Ii||Bremerhaven|
|2019 Jun 02||8 days, round-trip Norwegen Mit Geirangerfjord I||Bremerhaven|
|2019 Jun 10||12 days, round-trip Island Mit Schottland||Bremerhaven|
|2019 Jun 22||17 days, round-trip Norwegen Mit Spitzbergen & Island||Bremerhaven|
|2019 Jul 09||11 days, round-trip Norwegen Mit Nordkap Iv||Bremerhaven|
|2019 Jul 20||11 days, round-trip Norwegen Mit Nordkap Iv||Bremerhaven|
|2019 Jul 31||11 days, round-trip Norwegen Mit Nordkap Iv||Bremerhaven|
|2019 Aug 11||12 days, round-trip Westeuropa Mit Lissabon||Bremerhaven|
|2019 Aug 23||11 days, round-trip Norwegen Mit Geirangerfjord & Schottland||Bremerhaven|
|2019 Sep 03||4 days, one-way from Bremerhaven to Kiel||Bremerhaven|
|2019 Sep 07||4 days, round-trip Schlagerliner||Kiel|
|2019 Sep 11||7 days, round-trip Norwegen Mit Geirangerfjord Iv||Kiel|
|2019 Sep 18||9 days, round-trip Ostsee Mit St. Petersburg Vi||Kiel|
|2019 Sep 27||2 days, round-trip Kurzreise Mit Kopenhagen||Kiel|
|2019 Oct 03||10 days, one-way from Bremerhaven to Palma de Mallorca||Bremerhaven|
|2019 Oct 13||10 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Barcelona Ii||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Oct 23||11 days, one-way from Palma de Mallorca to Las Palmas||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Nov 03||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Kapverden||Las Palmas|
|2019 Nov 17||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira & Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2019 Nov 17||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira||Las Palmas|
|2019 Nov 24||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote & Madeira||Las Palmas|
|2019 Nov 24||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2019 Dec 01||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira & Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2019 Dec 01||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira||Las Palmas|
|2019 Dec 08||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote & Madeira||Las Palmas|
|2019 Dec 08||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2019 Dec 15||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira & Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2019 Dec 15||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira||Las Palmas|
|2019 Dec 22||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote & Madeira||Las Palmas|
|2019 Dec 22||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2019 Dec 29||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira & Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2019 Dec 29||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira||Las Palmas|
|2020 Jan 05||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote & Madeira||Las Palmas|
|2020 Jan 05||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2020 Jan 12||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira & Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2020 Jan 12||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira||Las Palmas|
|2020 Jan 19||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote & Madeira||Las Palmas|
|2020 Jan 19||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2020 Jan 26||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira & Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2020 Jan 26||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira||Las Palmas|
|2020 Feb 02||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote & Madeira||Las Palmas|
|2020 Feb 02||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2020 Feb 09||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira & Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2020 Feb 09||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira||Las Palmas|
|2020 Feb 16||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote & Madeira||Las Palmas|
|2020 Feb 16||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2020 Feb 23||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira & Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2020 Feb 23||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira||Las Palmas|
|2020 Mar 01||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote & Madeira||Las Palmas|
|2020 Mar 01||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2020 Mar 08||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira & Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2020 Mar 08||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira||Las Palmas|
|2020 Mar 15||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote & Madeira||Las Palmas|
|2020 Mar 15||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2020 Mar 22||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira & Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2020 Mar 22||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira||Las Palmas|
|2020 Mar 29||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2020 Apr 05||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Kapverden||Las Palmas|
|2020 Apr 19||10 days, one-way from Las Palmas to Bremerhaven||Las Palmas|
|2020 May 07||10 days, round-trip Grosbritannien Ab Bremerhaven I||Bremerhaven|
|2020 May 17||7 days, round-trip Westeuropa Mit Amsterdam||Bremerhaven|
|2020 May 24||10 days, round-trip Grosbritannien Ab Bremerhaven Ii||Bremerhaven|
|2020 Jun 03||12 days, round-trip Island Mit Schottland I||Bremerhaven|
|2020 Jun 15||14 days, round-trip Norwegen Mit Spitzbergen I||Bremerhaven|
|2020 Jun 29||12 days, round-trip Grosbritannien Ab Bremerhaven Iii||Bremerhaven|
|2020 Jul 11||14 days, round-trip Norwegen Mit Spitzbergen Ii||Bremerhaven|
|2020 Jul 25||12 days, round-trip Grosbritannien Ab Bremerhaven Iv||Bremerhaven|
|2020 Aug 06||12 days, round-trip Island Mit Schottland Ii||Bremerhaven|
|2020 Aug 18||10 days, round-trip Grosbritannien Ab Bremerhaven I||Bremerhaven|
|2020 Aug 28||7 days, round-trip Westeuropa Mit Amsterdam||Bremerhaven|
|2020 Sep 04||10 days, round-trip Grosbritannien Ab Bremerhaven V||Bremerhaven|
|2020 Sep 14||11 days, one-way from Bremerhaven to Palma de Mallorca||Bremerhaven|
|2020 Sep 25||9 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Salerno Ii||Palma de Mallorca|
|2020 Oct 04||11 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Kanaren I||Palma de Mallorca|
|2020 Oct 15||10 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Lissabon Ii||Palma de Mallorca|