Mein Schiff 3 current position
Current itinerary of Mein Schiff 3
Mein Schiff 3 current cruise is 6 days, round-trip - Nordland Mit Oslo. The itinerary starts on 04 Dec, 2023 and ends on 10 Dec, 2023.
Specifications of Mein Schiff 3
|Year of build||2014 / Age: 9|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Turku, Finland)|
|Building cost||EUR 500 million (USD 620 million)|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 km/h / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||293 m / 961 ft|
|Beam (width)||35 m / 115 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||99430 gt|
|Passengers||2506 - 2700|
|Decks with cabins||9|
|Sister-ships||Mein Schiff 4, Mein Schiff 5, Mein Schiff 6|
|Former names||Meyer Werft TUI hull 1383|
|Christened by||Helene Fischer|
|Owner||TUI AG and RCCL (Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd)|
|Operator||TUI Cruises GmbH|
Mein Schiff 3 Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2023 Oct 30||35 days, round-trip - Karibische Inseln Ab Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2023 Dec 04||6 days, round-trip - Nordland Mit Oslo||Bremerhaven|
|2023 Dec 10||7 days, round-trip - Nordland Mit Oslo||Bremerhaven|
|2023 Dec 17||28 days, round-trip - Kapverden Ab Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Jan 14||35 days, round-trip - Karibische Inseln Ab Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Feb 18||14 days, round-trip - Norwegen Mit Nordkap Tromso||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Mar 03||14 days, round-trip - Norwegen Mit Nordkap Tromso||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Mar 17||7 days, round-trip - Norwegen Mit Nordfjordeid||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Mar 24||4 days, round-trip - Norwegen Mit Oslo||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Mar 28||26 days, round-trip - Azoren Ab Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Apr 23||7 days, round-trip - Westeuropa Mit Rotterdam||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Apr 30||10 days, round-trip - Grosbritannien Mit Orkney-Inseln||Bremerhaven|
|2024 May 10||10 days, round-trip - Grosbritannien Mit Belfast||Bremerhaven|
|2024 May 20||12 days, round-trip - Island Mit Orkney-Inseln||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Jun 01||12 days, round-trip - Grosbritannien Mit Belfast||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Jun 13||10 days, round-trip - Grosbritannien Mit Orkney-Inseln||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Jun 23||12 days, round-trip - Island Mit Schottland||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Jul 05||12 days, round-trip - Grosbritannien Mit Liverpool||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Jul 17||12 days, round-trip - Island Mit Orkney-Inseln Schottland||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Jul 29||10 days, round-trip - Grosbritannien Mit Orkney-Inseln||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Aug 08||12 days, round-trip - Westeuropa Mit Lissabon||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Aug 20||10 days, round-trip - Grosbritannien Mit Newcastle||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Aug 30||7 days, round-trip - Westeuropa Mit Rotterdam||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Sep 06||4 days, one-way from Bremerhaven to Kiel||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Sep 15||4 days, round-trip Jeckliner 4||Kiel|
|2024 Sep 19||8 days, round-trip - Norwegen Mit Oslo||Kiel|
|2024 Sep 27||10 days, round-trip - Ostsee Mit Tallinn||Kiel|
|2024 Oct 07||6 days, one-way from Kiel to Bremerhaven||Kiel|
|2024 Oct 13||7 days, round-trip - Norwegens Fjordwelten - AbBis Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Oct 20||7 days, round-trip - Norwegens Fjordwelten - AbBis Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Oct 27||35 days, round-trip - Traumreise In Die Karibik - AbBis Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Dec 01||7 days, round-trip - Europas Westkuste Im Adventsglanz - AbBis Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Dec 08||7 days, round-trip - Winterliche Fjordwelten - AbBis Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Dec 15||7 days, round-trip - Winterliche Fjordwelten - AbBis Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Dec 22||21 days, round-trip - Festtage Auf Den Kanaren - AbBis Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2025 Jan 12||35 days, round-trip - Traumreise In Die Karibik - AbBis Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2025 Feb 16||14 days, round-trip - Winterliches Norwegen - AbBis Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2025 Mar 02||14 days, round-trip - Winterliches Norwegen - AbBis Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2025 Mar 16||14 days, round-trip - Winterliches Norwegen - AbBis Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2025 Mar 30||28 days, round-trip - Fruhlingserwachen Der Atlantikinseln - AbBis Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2025 Apr 27||7 days, round-trip - Westeuropas Vielfalt - AbBis Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2025 May 04||10 days, round-trip - Grosbritanniens Schatze - AbBis Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2025 May 14||10 days, round-trip - Grosbritanniens Schatze - AbBis Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2025 May 24||12 days, round-trip - Islands Naturwunder - AbBis Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2025 Jun 05||12 days, round-trip - Grosbritanniens Hohepunkte - AbBis Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2025 Jun 17||12 days, round-trip - Island Unter Der Mitternachtssonne - AbBis Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2025 Jun 29||10 days, round-trip - Grosbritanniens Schatze - AbBis Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2025 Jul 09||12 days, round-trip - Sommer In Grosbritannien - AbBis Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2025 Jul 21||10 days, round-trip - Sommer In Norwegen - AbBis Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2025 Jul 31||12 days, round-trip - Islands Naturwunder - AbBis Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2025 Aug 12||12 days, round-trip - Islands Naturwunder - AbBis Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2025 Aug 24||10 days, round-trip - Grosbritanniens Schatze - AbBis Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2025 Sep 03||10 days, round-trip - Grosbritanniens Schatze - AbBis Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2025 Oct 03||2 days, round-trip - Kurzreise Kopenhagen - AbBis Kiel||Kiel|
|2025 Oct 05||14 days, one-way from Kiel to Bremerhaven||Kiel|
|2025 Oct 05||7 days, one-way from Kiel to Bremerhaven||Kiel|
|2025 Oct 12||14 days, round-trip - Norwegen Und Westeuropa Intensiv - AbBis Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2025 Oct 12||7 days, round-trip - Westeuropas Vielfalt - AbBis Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2025 Oct 19||7 days, round-trip - Vielfalt Norwegens - AbBis Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
Mein Schiff 3 Review
Review of Mein Schiff 3
The 2014-built TUI Mein Schiff 3 cruise ship is owned by TUI Cruises and built by Meyer Turku Shipyard (Finland). The vessel is TUI's first newbuild, followed by the same-series sisterships Schiff 4 (2015), Schiff 5 (2016), Schiff 6 (2017), Schiff 1 (2018) and Schiff 2 (2019).
History - construction and ownership
TUI Cruises is a UK-based joint venture cruise company (50-50) of TUI Group (British-German travel and tourism corporation) and RCCL-Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (USA-based passenger shipping company). TUI started cruise shipping operations in 2009, targeting predominantly the German-speaking market with a premium travel vacation product. German and English are the main onboard languages on all TUI Schiffs (ships). TUI's sister-brands are Marella Cruises UK and Hapag-Lloyd-Cruises.
The 2500-passenger ship Mein Schiff 3 was built at STX Finland Turku shipyard and delivered to TUI Cruises on 22 May 2014. Another identical vessel (Schiff 4) was completed in 2015. TUI liners from this series use environmentally friendly power plants and energy-efficient solutions in order to cut emissions by 30% compared to other vessels of identical size.
TUI made a significant investment towards the improvement of fuel consumption and to maintain high environmental friendliness standards. A curious moment before the construction of the ships at the STX Finland at the end of 2012 was that the Finnish shipbuilder was in serious financial troubles and if the deal for the construction of the two identical ships was not signed, the company would have declared bankruptcy. In the end, STX Finland was awarded the needed amount of money by the Finnish Government.
TUI Mein Schiff 3 cruise deals are ticket-price inclusive of:
- 24-hour food and snacks on the ship
- over 100 brand beverages and cocktails (excepting premium brand alcohol)
- facilities and entertainment for children and teens
- complimentary access to SPA's sauna area
- complimentary Gym and wellness courses
- onboard entertainment (shows, concerts, theatrical and musical performances)
- gratuities (all onboard tips).
Decks and Cabins
TUI Schiff 3 staterooms (1253 total) include 89 Suites, 957 Balcony (80% of all cabins), 97 Oceanviews and 123 Interior, in total 23 cabin categories. Wheelchair-accessible cabins are 6, all located on Deck 3 and each with wider entry and bathroom doors, emergency phone, special handrails and location close to the passenger lifts. Bonus services for all Suite categories include free Internet, Xbox gaming console, complimentary mini-bar, concierge service, priority services, in-room dining, exclusive Suites-only access to ship's X-Lounge and private sundeck.
All Schiff 3 staterooms offer as standard amenities 2 single beds (1 double bed), bedside cabinets (with drawers and reading lamp), sofabed (or 1-2 Pullman beds), smart HDTV (satellite reception, infotainment system with on-demand movies, Internet, ship info channel), direct dial phone, wardrobe, electronic safe box (in the closet), minibar, Nespresso coffee machine (2 capsules are included per day), water carafe with glasses, mirrored dressing table (writing desk) with chair, en-suite bathroom (WC, shower, single-sink vanity, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, bath products - shower gel, shampoo, conditioner), individually controlled air-conditioning, 24-hour room service.
The boat has 15 decks of which 12 are passenger-accessible and 9 with cabins.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Almost all beverages, food and gratuities are included in the cruise price. The food in the large “Anckelmannsplatz” buffet restaurant is all included in the fare. Mein Schiff 3 also boasts a bakery offering freshly prepared tarts or paninis for free. The Atlantic restaurant is divided into 3 themed restaurants and guests may choose to eat Asian, Mediterranean food or 5-course meals (all also included). Gosch Sylt offers fish, and another Bistro – smaller snacks. For an additional charge, enjoy the Hanami – exquisite Japanese restaurant, visit the specialty Richards, or the Steak Surf and Turf restaurant.
Follows the complete list of Mein Schiff 3 restaurants and food bars.
- “Atlantic Classic” (530-seat, complimentary main dining room (of all three) for buffet-style Breakfast and waiter-served Lunch and Dinner. Some menu inclusions are at extra charge
- “Atlantic Eurasia” (265-seat main dining room; offers Asian and Oriental cuisine specialties, complimentary)
- “Atlantik Mediterran” (266-seat Mediterranean themed main dining room. Some items in the menu are marked as “family meals”)
- Hanami (62-seat Japanese restaurant for sushi and traditional specialties at surcharge)
- Tag & Nacht (Day & Night 24-hour 88-seat bistro)
- “Richards” (“Fine Dining” 70-seat dinner restaurant, reservations required, at surcharge PP)
- Surf & Turf (specialty seafood and steakhouse restaurant)
- Backstube / Bakery (120-seat, complimentary)
- Anckelmannsplatz buffet restaurant (745-seat, with partially covered outdoor area for al-fresco dining; complimentary, self-service, with various food stations)
- GOSCH Sylt (133-seat complimentary seafood restaurant, a la carte menu; with outdoor seating area)
- Alster Bar & Grill
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The main language on board TUI Schiff 3 is German. Passengers can feel the relaxed atmosphere the minute they board the ship – similar to the upscale club hotels. The evening entertainment program in the theatre includes theatrical performances, opera, musicals, varietes, music shows like Beatles, Sketch Parade, flying acrobatic artists and magicians. The theatre boasts dynamic LED screens and a revolving stage.
Follows the complete list of Mein Schiff 3 lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Theatre (1000-seat main show lounge for grand-style show productions; with a revolving stage and eight dynamic LED screens)
- Sturmfrei (Teens Lounge featuring video gaming consoles, dance floor, foosball table, activities like karaoke, cooking classes, teen parties, movies, etc.)
- The Playground area (with Internet corner and Spielplatz/video console games. Internet access is complimentary for all Suite guests. Wi-Fi is available shipwide, prices are per minute, 1 hour or 3 hours)
- “Meerleben-Entdecken & Erleben” (Sea Life-Explore & Experience - the world’s first maritime museum at sea; 3230 ft2/300 m2 sealife museum with an interactive exhibition; interactive bridge; sea cinema; researchers table)
- Atelier (Workshop/art studio for painters)
- Klanghaus (Sound House - the first-ever chamber music room at sea, 300-seat with concert hall simulating acoustics; hosts events like opera, classical concerts, chamber music, jazz, cabaret performances, theatrical readings, comedies, media presentations)
- The Neuer Wall shopping arcades
- TUI Bar; Coffee Lounge; Diamant Bar (Diamond Bar); Abtanz Bar (100-seat disco nightclub); Rauchersalon (Cigar Room); Schau Bar (249-seat Show Bar); Champagner Treff (Champagnes Match; wine bar); Uberschau Bar (50-seat wellness bar with a “healthy drinks” menu); Unverzicht Bar (poolside bar); Eis Bar (40-seat Ice Bar)
- Grosse Freiheit (one of the most special places onboard, located at the aft of the ship and including various restaurants; features an 1800 ft2/167 m2 glass wall / diamond-shaped facade which spans on 2 decks)
- SPA Sauna area (with a Finnish Sauna room, Herbal Sauna, Salt Sauna, Tea Lounge)
- Himmel & Meer Lounge (Suite Guests only); X-Lounge (Suite-guests only lounge)
- SPA & Meer (SPA & Sea complex with a Rasul Room/mud bath, Treatment Rooms, Zen Garden, saunas; Beauty Salon)
- Sport & Gesunheit (Sport & Health Fitness Centre; Fitness classes/personal trainers provided at surcharge)
- Aussenpool (outdoor pool area with a 25 m long swimming pool, extensive sunbathing area, Aussenalster Bar & Grill)
- Innenpool (indoor, 2-level pool area with 1 swimming pool and 1 whirlpool)
- Outdoor large-size LED Movie Screen
- Insel der Seerauber (Pirates’ Island Kids Club complimentary lounge)
- Nest (baby room; offers babysitting services at surcharge)
- Arena (open-air combined sports court); Sport & Gesundheit Kursraum (spinning room for sports classes); Power Walking / Jogging Track
- Blauer Balkon (Blue Balcony) the “walk on water” spot features 11 m2 (140 ft2) glass-floor platforms positioned 37 m (120 ft) above sea level.
The cruise ship's Casino is open only during sea days. In 2018, TUI signed a partnership deal with "Merkur Casino Mare" (part of Gauselmann Group) for the onboard gambling on Schiff 1 (since 2018), Schiff 2 (since 2019) and Schiff 3 (since 2021). The ship Casino features 6x electronic roulettes plus 14x other Merkur gaming machines, and a separate gambling lounge with 4x M-Box Buzzer (multi-gaming machines) and a blackjack table for live gaming. For 2020, Gauselmann AG reported revenue EUR 2,56 billion (~USD 3B / ~GBP 2,2B). Since 2012, Gauselmann owns the British company Praesepe Ltd (now Merkur Casino UK) which owns the Cashino brand (street gambling arcade chain).
TUI schiff einkaufsbummel (onboard shopping)
TUI schiff SPA und Sport
TUI schiff sonnenbereiche und poolbereiche (sundeck and pool deck areas)
TUI Schiff 3 itinerary program was initially based on Canary Islands cruises (leaving from Gran Canaria), Mediterranean roundtrips (from Mallorca and Malta), and Caribbean roundtrips out of the Dominican Republic and Barbados, with Transatlantic repositioning crossings Europe-Caribbean-Europe.
Currently, the liner operates longer voyages in Northern Europe (Baltic and the UK) with roundtrips leaving out of Germany (from homeport Bremerhaven) visiting ports in Norway (Norwegian Fjords), Scandinavia, Britain, Iceland, Iberia.
Canary Islands itineraries (Gran Canaria roundtrips) also visit ports in North Africa (Morocco).
TUI Schiff 3's South Africa program 2022-2023 (originally scheduled between October 23 - March 3, with homeporting in Cape Town) was canceled in April 2022.
Mein Schiff 3 - user reviews and comments
Photos of Mein Schiff 3Add Photo
Mein Schiff 3 ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The arrival of TUI's Mein Schiff 3, a massive cruise ship measuring 294 m / 964 ft in length, marks a significant moment for a coastal city. The...May 26, 2023
- Cruise Industry
Fred Olsen Balmoral ship's 78-day South America and Antarctica cruise starts Portsmouth UK's 2023...
2023 will see Portsmouth Port UK (England) host more maiden calls/welcome back cruise companies, as it continues to strengthen its place as the first...January 6, 2023
TUI Cruises announced the line had canceled all sailings in South Africa for the following season, affecting the scheduled voyages aboard Mein Schiff...April 22, 2022
- Cruise Industry
TUI Cruises will send 4 of its ships to Northern Europe for the 2023 season. All sailings are roundtrips from Germany's homeports Bremerhaven, Kiel...November 13, 2021
- Cruise Industry
As many as 1970 Indonesians working for several Germany-based cruise ships were repatriated / returned to Indonesia over the past few weeks...May 21, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Some of the crew of the TUI-owned liner Mein Schiff 3 are finally on their way home. On Friday, May 8, around 190 crew had been bused to Hamburg...May 10, 2020
Nearly 3,000 cruise ship crew members quarantined on a German passenger liner are due to undergo tests for the Coronavirus (COVID-19), according to...May 4, 2020
- Cruise Industry
A record was broken yesterday, September 12, at London International Cruise Terminal. Mein Schiff 3 sailed into London Cruise Terminal...September 13, 2017
- show more news
Other TUI Cruises cruise ships
Mein Schiff 3 Wiki
TUI Schiff 3 is one of the company's first newbuilds constructed at STX Finland (Turku). The shipbuilding company was bought out by Meyer Werft GmbH in 2015. All TUI new ships were built with energy efficient solutions and environmentally friendly powerplants reducing emissions by 30% in comparison to other similar-sized liners.
Vessel designers are Wilson Butler Architects, together with CM Design and Tillberg Design. Fun fact is, that each ship brings nearly 5000 person-years labour to the shipyard. Each ship's construction engages 800 out of all 1400 workers at the yard. The percentage of German travellers on TUI ships is around 80%.
The vessel was launched on November 8, 2013. TUI's Schiff 3 christening ceremony took place in Hamburg on June 12, 2014, with godmother the German singer and entertainer Helene Fischer. The maiden voyage started on June 13, heading to Palma de Mallorca. Ship's Captain is George Alevropoulos - seafaring career starting 1995, with TUI since 2009.