Mein Schiff 7 Review and Specifications
Specifications of Mein Schiff 7
|Year built||2023 new ship|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Turku, Finland)|
|Building cost||EUR 500 million (USD 614 million)|
|Owner||TUI AG and RCCL (Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd)|
|Speed||21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mph|
|Length (LOA)||316 m / 1037 ft|
|Beam (width)||36 m / 118 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||111500 gt|
|Passengers||2534 - 2894|
|Decks with cabins||11|
|Sister-ships||Mein Schiff 1, Mein Schiff 2|
Review of Mein Schiff 7
TUI Mein Schiff 7 cruise ship is owned by TUI Cruises and built by Meyer Turku Shipyard (Finland). TUI Schiff 7 has all 6 sister-ships (from the same series), but is same-designed as the upgarded version of Mein Schiff 1 (2018) and Mein Schiff 2 (2019). The shipbuilding order for Schiff 7 was placed in February 2018, with scheduled delivery in 2023.
History - construction and ownership
TUI Cruises is a Germany-based Joint venture cruise company of TUI Group (British-German travel and tourism corporation) and RCCL (Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd - US passenger shipping company). TUI started operations in 2009, targeting predominantly the German-speaking market with a premium travel vacation product. German is the main onboard language on all TUI Schiffs (ships). TUI's sister-brand is Marella Cruises (UK source market).
Mein Schiff 7 has 16 decks and capacity 2894 passengers. 90% of all cabins are outside and 82% have private balconies. In comparison to Schiff 1 and Schiff 2, Schiff 7 has some improvements in onboard amenities and technology (energy efficiency). The vessel has the most- advanced scrubber (exhaust cleaning system) that reduces SOx emissions by nearly 99% and NOx emissions by 75%.
Cruise itinerary program
TUI Mein Schiff 7 itinerary program will be announced on a later date.
The 16-deck TUI Schiff 7 has 1447 passenger staterooms with a total of 2894 lower beds. Over 80% of all cabins are outside. Each cabin is equipped with modern hotel amenities – from flat TVs to Nespresso machines, mini-bars, ne-suite bathrooms iwth premium bath amenities. All suites and family cabins have Xbox 360 video gaming consoles. The largest cabins are the 2-deck Himmel-Meer Suites with private rooftop terraces. For families are designed the new comfort rooms “Verandah Deluxe at home”. There are also Spa Balcony cabins with exclusive spa facilities access.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
The food in the large “Anckelmannsplatz” buffet restaurant is all included in fare. Mein Schiff 7 also boasts a bakery offering freshly prepared tarts or paninis for free. The Atlantic restaurant is divided into 3 themed restaurants and guests may choose to eat Asian, Mediterranean food or 5-course meals (all also included). Gosch Sylt offers fish, and another Bistro – smaller snacks. For an additional charge, enjoy the Hanami – exquisite Japanese restaurant, visit the specialty Richards, or the Steak Surf and Turf restaurant.
Follows the complete list of Mein Schiff 7 restaurants and food bars.
- “Atlantic Classic” (530-seat, complimentary main dining room (of all three) for buffet-style Breakfast and waiter-served Lunch and Dinner. Some menu inclusions are at extra charge
- “Atlantik Brasserie” (265-seat main dining room; offers French cuisine specialties, a la carte menu and healthy choices)
- “Atlantik Mediterran” (266-seat Mediterranean themed main dining room. Some items in the menu are marked as “family meals”)
- Hanami (62-seat specialty Japanese restaurant for sushi and traditional specialties at surcharge)
- Tag & Nacht (Day & Night 24-hour 88-seat bistro)
- “Richards” (“Fine Dining” 70-seat dinner restaurant, reservations required, at surcharge PP)
- Surf & Turf (specialty seafood and steakhouse restaurant)
- Backstube / Bakery (120-seat, complimentary)
- Anckelmannsplatz buffet restaurant (745-seat, with partially covered outdoor area for al-fresco dining; complimentary, self-service, with various food stations)
- GOSCH Sylt (133-seat complimentary seafood restaurant, a la carte menu; with outdoor seating area)
- Außenalster Bar & Grill.
In comparison to TUI ships 3 and 4, new features on ships 5, 6 and 7 are:
- Thalia Leselounge (reading lounge) and Nespresso Bar (both on deck 3 / the ship's lobby area was redesigned)
- Hanami (Asian restaurant by Tim Raue, deck 5)
- Schmankerl-Entspannt (Austrian restaurant, deck 5)
- Osteria (pizzeria, deck 5)
- Lagune (outdoor pool, deck 12).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The main language on board TUI Mein Schiff 7 is German. Almost all beverages, food and gratuities are included in cruise price. The evening entertainment program in the theater includes theatrical performances, opera, musicals, varietes, music shows like Beatles, Sketch Parade, flying acrobatic artists and magicians. The theater features dynamic LED screens and a revolving stage.
Follows the complete list of Mein Schiff 7 lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Theater (1000-seat main show lounge for grand-style show productions; with a revolving stage and eight dynamic LED screens)
- Sturmfrei (Teens Lounge featuring video gaming consoles, dance floor, foosball table, activities like karaoke, cooking classes, teen parties, movies, etc.)
- The Playground area (with Internet corner and Spielplatz/video console games. Internet access is complimentary for all Suite guests. Wi-Fi is available shipwide, prices are per minute, 1 hour or 3 hours)
- Atelier (Workshop/art studio for painters)
- Klanghaus (Sound House - the first ever chamber music room at sea, 300-seat with concert hall simulating acoustics; hosts events like opera, classical concerts, chamber music, jazz, cabaret performances, theatrical readings, comedies, media presentations)
- The Neuer Wall shopping arcades
- TUI Bar; Coffee Lounge; Diamant Bar (Diamond Bar); Abtanz Bar (100-seat disco nightclub); Rauchersalon (Cigar Room); Schau Bar (249-seat Show Bar); Champagner Treff (Champagnes Match; wine bar); Uberschau Bar (50-seat wellness bar with a “healthy drinks” menu); Unverzicht Bar (poolside bar); Eis Bar (40-seat Ice Bar)
- Casino (20-seat; open only during sea days)
- Grosse Freiheit (one of the most special places onboard, located at the aft of the ship and including various restaurants; features a 1800 ft2/167 m2 glass wall / diamond-shaped facade which spans on 2 decks)
- SPA Sauna area (with a Finnish Sauna room, Herbal Sauna, Salt Sauna, Tea Lounge)
- Himmel & Meer Lounge (Suite Guests only); X-Lounge (Suite-guests only lounge)
- SPA & Meer (SPA & Sea complex with a Rasul Room/mud bath, Treatment Rooms, Zen Garden, saunas; Beauty Salon)
- Sport & Gesunheit (Sport & Health Fitness Centre; Fitness classes/personal trainers provided at surcharge)
- Aussenpool (outdoor pool area with a 25 m long swimming pool, extensive sunbathing area, Aussenalster Bar & Grill)
- Innenpool (indoor, 2-level pool area with 1 swimming pool and 1 whirlpool)
- Outdoor large-size LED Movie Screen
- Insel der Seerauber (Pirates’ Island Kids Club complimentary lounge)
- Nest (baby room; offers babysitting services at surcharge)
- Arena (open-air combined sports court); Sport & Gesundheit Kursraum (spinning room for sport classes); Power Walking / Jogging Track
- Blauer Balkon (Blue Balcony - the “walk on water” spot with 148 ft2/11 m2 glass-floor platforms positioned 121 ft/37 m above sea level).
Mein Schiff 7 wiki
- Like the previous shiporders, Schiff 7 project was financed with around 80% debt-financing and 20% covered by TUI's own funds.
- Schiff 7 is approx 20 m (66 ft) longer compared to the previous "Mein Schiff" series (ships 5 and 6). The added length allows larger passenger capacity, substantial changes to indoor spaces and adding new attractions.
- All the new TUI cruise vessels were built with energy efficient solutions and environmentally friendly power plants that reduce emissions by 30% in comparison to other ships of similar size. Designers of the new liners are Wilson Butler Architects, together with CM Design and Tillberg Design. Fun fact is, that each ship in this new series brings nearly 5000 person-years labor to the Turku shipyard. Each ship's construction engages 800 out of all 1400 workers at the shipbuilding yard. The percentage of German travelers on TUI ships is around 80%.