TUI Isla Review and Specifications
Specifications of TUI Isla
|Year built||2020 new ship|
|Owner||TUI AG (via TUI UK & Ireland)|
|Operator||TUI River Cruises|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Sister-ships||TUI Maya, TUI Skyla|
Review of TUI Isla
TUI Isla cruise ship is scheduled for launch in 2020. Like the sisterships Maya and Skyla, the Isla riverboat is owned by TUI AG and operated by its subsidiary company "TUI UK and Ireland". The new brand "TUI River Cruises" was established in 2019 and targets predominantly the UK passenger sourcing.
TUI's newest travel brand offers adults-only travel experiences with the ultimate flexibility to create a luxury river travel vacation with a choice of optional packages. TUI customers are able to add to the shipboard basis shore excursions (land tours), beverages (beer, wine, soft drinks with all meals) or premium drinks package. TUI's new cruise company also provides some of industry's most spacious staterooms (including Suites with step-out balconies) and the most extravagant Sundeck areas currently available on the European market.
Bookings for TUI's new riverboats were opened on April 25, 2019.
All TUI Isla staterooms are contemporary decorated, with King-size double bed (convertible to twins), mirrored vanity table/writing desk with armchair, low table with lounge chair, modern corner sofa, large slide-opening wardrobe, electronic safe box (in the closet), flat TV (satellite reception, ship info channel with daily scheduled activities, real-time camera views), 220 V power sockets, en-suite bathroom (single-sink vanity, WC, glass shower, hairdryer, slippers, bathrobes), individually controlled air-conditioning. Triple-occupancy cabins are fitted with sofabeds.
Ship's all 79 passenger cabins are outside. All Lower Deck cabins are with porthole windows (non-opening) located near the ceiling (riverside, at water level). All staterooms on Main/Middle and Upper decks are French Balcony cabins with floor-ceiling (wall-to-wall) windows slide-opening to a railing (false balcony). Isla ship's cabin categories include:
- Standard Cabin (Deck 1) is sized 12m2 (130 ft2) and has a fixed double bed.
- Superior Cabin (Deck 1) is sized 15m2 (160 ft2) and has King-size bed (convertible to 2 single beds).
- Superior French Balcony Cabin (Decks 2-3) are sized 15m2 (160 ft2) and each fitted with King-size bed (can be converted).
- French Balcony Suite (Decks 2-3) are sized 24m2 (260 ft2) and feature King-size bed (convertible), bigger bathroom, sofabed, separate dressing area.
- Standard Cabin (Deck 2) is sized 12m2 (130 ft2) and has a full-sized window and fixed double bed (non-convertible to twins).
- French Balcony Cabin (Decks 2-3) are sized 12m2 (130 ft2) and have a fixed double bed.
- Single Cabin (Deck 1) and French Balcony Single Cabin (Deck 2) are sized 12m2 (130 ft2) and fitted with a single bed, desk and lounge chair.
Isla Atrium is the ship's main hub. The Lobby area houses the Reception (24-hour Guest Services Desk / assistance, luggage, cashier) and the Cruise Manager's/Director's Office (itinerary information, excursion bookings, future cruise booking). At the Library Lounge can be played popular board games. The Boutique Shop sells TUI-logoed merchandise, handmade souvenirs and premium brand gifts.
Ship's Sun Deck (top deck) is zoned, with dedicated areas for activities, sunbathing and relaxation. This large-sized open-air deck features BBQ (space for barbecues), Herb Garden, premium garden sofas, sunbathing area (with deckchairs, sunbeds and daybeds). The activities' area is dedicated to outdoor group classes, including stretching, pilates, yoga. Also on Sun Deck are ship's Navigation Bridge (called "Wheelhouse" on riverboats and smaller ships) and awnings. All structures are retractable and lowered when passing under low bridges.
TUI Isla boat's facilities include:
- Lower Deck 1: Cruise Cabins, staff and crew cabins
- Main Deck 2: Cruise Cabins, Lobby (Reception), Health and Wellbeing Zone (fore-located, with large whirlpool and treatment rooms for massages)
- Upper Deck 3: Bistro, Verdastro, Club Lounge, Observatory, Terrace
- Sun Deck 4: BBQ, Lounge, Relax, Herb Garden
The Isla ship has two main restaurants - Verdastro (for seasonal dishes and with daily changing menu) and Bistro (casual dining venue) both located aft on Upper Deck.
- Verdastro (Main Dining Room/MDR) has a stylish green-and-gold colour scheme. The venue offers buffet-style breakfast and lunch, while dinner is an a la carte, waiter-served affair. All meals are prepared with fresh, seasonal ingredients sourced from local suppliers. Tables are available for two, four or six guests.
- The Bistro (adjacent to Verdastro) is a more casual and provides an alternative dining option. It is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Passengers can choose from a la carte menu or sample the daily buffet food offerings.
- Al fresco dining is available on Sun Deck's BBQ area. Weather permitting, there the crew organize outdoor dining events, such as light lunches and barbecues. Passengers can get drinks up there, too.
Full Board Plus is standard which means that 3 meals and drinks at meal times are part of the cruise package. Premium coffee and cocktails are not included as part of the line's standard dining package. Passengers have to upgrade to a premium drinks package or pay extra.
The Club Lounge is specialized in coffee by day, cocktails by night, and boasts with its digital fireplace, brass fittings, plush navy chairs, and mirrored tables. Alternatively, the Observatory offers a pretty terrace to the table and nightly entertainment ranging from musicians to guest acts, such as comedians. The Observatory lounge features widescreen windows, an outdoor terrace, comfy sofas and heaters.
TUI Isla operates on river cruisetour itineraries in Germany, Holland and also cruises on the Dutch and Belgian waterways. Year-round departures are offered from homeports in Germany (Passau and Frankfurt) and Netherlands (Amsterdam).
TUI River Cruises itineraries are themed as:
- 7-day "Bavarian Discovery" cruise (March-June 2020), from Passau to Frankfurt, visiting Regensburg, Nuremberg, Bamberg, Marktbreit, Wurzburg, Miltenberg, Wertheim. Prices started from GBP 1240 per person.
- 7-day "Bavarian Discovery 2" cruise (March-May 2020) from Frankfurt to Passau visits Wertheim, Wurzburg, Marktbreit, Bamberg, Nuremberg, Regensburg. Prices started from GBP 1640 per person.
- 7-day "Rhine Gems" cruise (April-May 2020) roundtrip from Frankfurt visits Koblenz, Mainz, Mannheim, Kehl, Rastatt, Rudesheim. Prices started from GBP 1340 per person.
- 7-day "The Moselle Valley: Vines and Views" cruise (April-May 2020) roundtrip from Frankfurt visits Koblenz, Bernkastel-Kues, Trier, Piesport, Traben-Trarbach, Cochem, Boppard, Oberwesel. Prices started from GBP 1440 per person.
- 7-day "Marvels of the Main" cruise (April 2020) roundtrip from Frankfurt visits Miltenberg, Wurzburg, Bamberg, Nuremberg, Marktbreit, Wertheim. Prices started from GBP 1390 per person.
Shore excursions range from active tours for adventurers, sightseeing city tours (led by local expert guides) to bicycle tours (with complimentary premium bikes carried on the ship). TUI offers GBP 120 OBC (credit) to any tour bookings, allowing customers the opportunity to tailor their holidays to dates/times and their personal preferences. All gratuities (onboard and ashore tips) and service charges are included in the river cruise fares.
TUI Isla wiki
The German corporation TUI AG announced in April 2019 it had acquired 3 river cruise ships for its new UK-focused brand "TUI River Cruises". The new company is due to start operations in summer 2020, complementing company's ocean cruise shipping brand in the UK - Marella Cruises. Bookings for the riverboats opened on April 25, 2019.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.