The company which has 11 cruise ships currently in service and ~13.000 crew members back onboard, made changes to the guidelines, developed via a partnership with the Healthy Sail Panel.
Celebrity will still require all passengers 12+ years of age to be fully vaccinated, in order to sail. The cruise line requires all crew members to be fully vaccinated including a booster shot when eligible. Fully vaccinated are those who have received their primary series of COVID vaccines.
Following are the latest updated healthy at sea protocols for passengers and crew:
- Vaccinated crew members joining cruise ships will go from 7- to 3-days in quarantine (Celebrity Beyond crew remains at 7-days quarantine)
- Restart crew curated bubble tours in ports of call
- The crew members will keep wearing Kn-95 masks
- Test crew every 14 days but split and the half crew one week and half the next.
Sailings 7+ days
- Keep as is and test on the last or 2nd to last day of the cruise
- Start moving to self-administrated crew tests under observation in 2 weeks
- When joining a ship Celebrity crew members are required to complete online virtual training including "Healthy return to service" modules, and some other security and service training.
- Onboard guest letters & talking points distributed with the updated protocols
- Masks are still in place during embarking/debark and while in the terminal
- Masks are optional except for in the casino/theatre. Masks are still mandatory on expedition cruise ships sailing in Galapagos.