Princess Cruises announced that its 4th Royal-class ship will be named Sky Princess. Sky Princess will be sister ship to Royal, Regal and Majestic Princess, and is scheduled to debut October 2019 on a series of Mediterranean cruises.
The 143,700 ton, 3,660-passenger ship will feature an evolution of the design platform used for the previous Royal-class vessels. Sky Princess will boast signature elements that are synonymous with the brand’s passenger experience, and bring together the best features on her Royal-class sister ships.
Highlights will include central Piazza-style atrium, adults-only Sanctuary, Princess Live! entertainment venue, Camp Discovery youth & teen centers, as well as a variety of guest-favorite dining venues, such as the Salty Dog Grill, Vines Wine Bar, Alfredo’s Pizzeria, Chef’s Table Lumiere, World Fresh Marketplace, with updated decor throughout the liner.
Sky Princess will feature outdoor “Movies Under the Stars” theater, and 80% of all staterooms will boast with balconies. New innovations which are expected to enhance guest experience further will be revealed during the coming months.
Sky Princess' inaugural Mediterranean deployment features 10 cruise departures on 8 unique itineraries. The inaugural cruise itineraries in the Mediterranean 2019 include:
- October 20 - 7-day Inaugural Mediterranean & Adriatic from Athens (Piraeus) to Barcelona
- October 20 - 14-day Inaugural Western Mediterranean & Adriatic Medley from Athens (Piraeus) to Rome (Civitavecchia)
- October 27 - 7-day Mediterranean from Barcelona to Rome (Civitavecchia)
- October 27 - 14-day Western Mediterranean from Barcelona to Rome (Civitavecchia)
- November 3 - 7-day Mediterranean roundtrip from Rome
- November 3 - 14-day Western Mediterranean Medley from Rome to Barcelona
- November 3 - 28-day Western Mediterranean Grand Adventure (Transatlantic) from Rome (Civitavecchia) to Ft. Lauderdale
- November 10 - 7-day Mediterranean from Rome (Civitavecchia) to Barcelona
- November 10 - 21-day Mediterranean Grand Adventure (Transatlantic) from Rome (Civitavecchia) to Ft. Lauderdale
- November 17 - 14-day Spanish Passage (Transatlantic) from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale
Sky Princess Mediterranean cruises are available for booking from December 14, 2017. Princess Elite status passengers in the Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle loyalty program will have the opportunity to secure booking a day earlier than general public, on December 13, 2017. Reduced deposit of 10% is available for bookings made by August 31, 2018.
The 5th Royal-class ship is currently under construction at Fincantieri and is scheduled to debut in 2020.