As part of the traditional ceremony that is held for every newbuild, the cruise line will welcome special guests, entertainment, global media, Miami authorities, and key partners from travel industry.
For the special Miami launch, MSC revealed an international list of celebrated invitees which reflects the European heritage and global presence of the company.
- Headlining entertainment will be international superstar, Ricky Martin, performing some of his most popular songs.
- Also taking to the stage will be renowned tenor, Andrea Bocelli, with dazzling classical career that has taken him all around the world – including performances for 4 U.S. presidents, 3 Popes, the British Royal Family, and a number of Prime Ministers.
- Hall of Fame quarterback and Miami football legend Dan Marino, who played for Miami Dolphins for 17 years, will be making a guest appearance at the event.
- In charge of the ceremony will be actor and American TV host, Mario Lopez. He will serve as Master of Ceremonies for the evening.
- The ship’s Godmother, Sophia Loren, has played the leading role in the time-honored tradition since 2003. She will christen the new ship with ribbon-cutting and will officially name the spectacular MSC Seaside.