MSC Seaside current position
Current itinerary of MSC Seaside
MSC Seaside current cruise is 7 days, round-trip Mediterranean. Prices start from USD 508 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 19 Sep, 2021 and ends on 26 Sep, 2021.
Specifications of MSC Seaside
|Year built||2017 / Age: 4|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Monfalcone, Italy)|
|Building cost||EUR 700 million (USD 745 million)|
|Owner||Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC)|
|Speed||21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mph|
|Length (LOA)||323 m / 1060 ft|
|Beam (width)||41 m / 135 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||153516 gt|
|Passengers||4134 - 5336|
|Decks with cabins||10|
|Christened by||Sophia Loren|
MSC Seaside Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2021 Aug 27||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Civitavecchia||$788|
|2021 Aug 28||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Genoa||$788|
|2021 Aug 29||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Marseille||$788|
|2021 Aug 31||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Siracusa||$988|
|2021 Sep 01||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Taranto||$1018|
|2021 Sep 03||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Civitavecchia||$1018|
|2021 Sep 04||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Genoa||$638|
|2021 Sep 05||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Marseille||$578|
|2021 Sep 08||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Taranto||$1298|
|2021 Sep 10||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Civitavecchia|
|2021 Sep 11||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Genoa|
|2021 Sep 12||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Marseille|
|2021 Sep 14||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Siracusa|
|2021 Sep 15||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Taranto|
|2021 Sep 17||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Civitavecchia|
|2021 Sep 18||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Genoa||$508|
|2021 Sep 19||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Marseille||$508|
|2021 Sep 21||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Siracusa||$768|
|2021 Sep 22||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Taranto||$458|
|2021 Sep 24||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Civitavecchia||$518|
|2021 Sep 25||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Genoa||$458|
|2021 Sep 26||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Marseille||$458|
|2021 Sep 28||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Siracusa||$518|
|2021 Sep 29||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Taranto||$668|
|2021 Oct 01||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Civitavecchia||$408|
|2021 Oct 02||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Genoa||$468|
|2021 Oct 03||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Marseille||$408|
|2021 Oct 05||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Siracusa||$468|
|2021 Oct 06||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Taranto||$388|
|2021 Oct 08||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Civitavecchia||$388|
|2021 Oct 09||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Genoa||$448|
|2021 Oct 10||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Marseille||$448|
|2021 Oct 12||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Siracusa||$448|
|2021 Oct 13||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Taranto||$598|
|2021 Oct 15||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Civitavecchia||$398|
|2021 Oct 16||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Genoa||$458|
|2021 Oct 17||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Marseille||$458|
|2021 Oct 19||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Siracusa||$458|
|2021 Oct 22||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Civitavecchia||$458|
|2021 Oct 26||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Siracusa||$458|
|2021 Oct 29||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Civitavecchia||$838|
|2021 Oct 31||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Marseille||$398|
|2021 Nov 02||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Siracusa||$398|
|2021 Nov 03||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Taranto||$458|
|2021 Nov 05||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Civitavecchia||$398|
|2021 Nov 06||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Genoa||$458|
|2021 Nov 07||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Marseille||$398|
|2021 Nov 13||2 days, one-way from Genoa to Barcelona||Genoa||$129|
|2021 Nov 13||5 days, one-way from Genoa to Lisbon||Genoa||$249|
|2021 Nov 13||21 days, one-way from Genoa to Santos||Genoa||$959|
|2021 Nov 13||19 days, one-way from Genoa to Rio de Janeiro||Genoa||$859|
|2021 Nov 13||1 day, one-way from Genoa to Marseille||Genoa||$69|
|2021 Nov 14||18 days, one-way from Marseille to Rio de Janeiro||Marseille||$809|
|2021 Nov 14||20 days, one-way from Marseille to Santos||Marseille||$909|
|2021 Nov 15||13 days, one-way from Barcelona to Salvador de Bahia||Barcelona||$760|
|2021 Nov 15||17 days, one-way from Barcelona to Rio de Janeiro||Barcelona||$749|
|2021 Nov 15||19 days, one-way from Barcelona to Santos||Barcelona||$859|
|2021 Nov 18||10 days, one-way from Lisbon to Salvador de Bahia||Lisbon||$680|
|2021 Nov 18||16 days, one-way from Lisbon to Santos||Lisbon||$699|
|2021 Nov 18||14 days, one-way from Lisbon to Rio de Janeiro||Lisbon||$599|
|2021 Dec 04||7 days, round-trip South America||Santos||$659|
|2021 Dec 07||7 days, round-trip South America||Salvador de Bahia||$739|
|2021 Dec 11||6 days, round-trip South America||Santos||$559|
|2021 Dec 14||6 days, round-trip South America||Salvador de Bahia||$1639|
|2021 Dec 17||6 days, round-trip South America||Santos||$559|
|2021 Dec 20||6 days, round-trip South America||Salvador de Bahia||$559|
|2021 Dec 23||7 days, round-trip South America||Santos||$739|
|2021 Dec 26||8 days, round-trip South America||Salvador de Bahia||$1459|
|2021 Dec 30||8 days, round-trip South America||Santos||$1379|
MSC Seaside Review
Review of MSC Seaside
The 2017-built MSC Seaside cruise ship is the first Seaside-Class MSC vessel - with sistership MSC Seaview (2018 June). Seaside is also fleet's 14th liner, and the 2nd MSC newbuild entering service in 2017 - following MSC Meraviglia (inaugurated in June).
History - construction and ownership
MSC Cruises (MSC Crociere) is a passenger shipping company headquartered in Genoa and Naples. It was established in 1960. Today, MSC Crociere is a subsidiary of MSC (Mediterranean Shipping Company) - world's 2nd largest containership company. MSC Crociere is the world's largest privately-owned cruise company. By annual passenger shipping volumes, MSC is ranked world's 4th largest cruise company (after Carnival Corporation, RCCL-Royal Caribbean and NCL-Norwegian) with over 5% global market share.
In 2015, MSC ordered four new ships from STX France and Fincantieri Italy, with an option for three more. The first two liners were delivered in 2017 - Meraviglia (May) and Seaside (November). Seaview was delivered in June 2018. The 5300-passenger Seaside-Class ship design was developed for year-round operations in warm climates. It features many and large-sized outdoor areas, ropes course, 5-slide water park, 3 glass-floored catwalks, wraparound Promenade Deck (at sea level) lined up with shops, bars and restaurants (indoor-outdoor seating), glass-walled (sea view) elevators. Among vessel's technological features are Advanced Water Treatment and garbage treatment plants, new-generation scrubbers, optimized hull, antifouling paints, LED lighting throughout, advanced heat recovery technology. The vessel is fully compliant with IMO's "Safe Return to Port" requirement (how long the cruise ship should remain safe for evacuation).
MSC Seaside is part of the "smart" ships' series to be built by MSC, part of line's EUR 9 billion, 10-year investment plan, including the creation of up to 11 new ships, due to come into service 2017-2026.
The first 550-ton block of the new class of ship for MSC Cruises, MSC Seaside, was laid on March 4, 2016, at Fincantieri's Monfalcone yard. This event marked the beginning of the hull blocks' assembly into sections. The next milestone in the construction process was on April 21, when a coin ceremony was conducted.
MSC Seaside is the fleet's second ship (after Meraviglia) fitted with new technologies specifically designed to improve the onboard digital experience for passengers. The company entered a partnership with Samsung to support NFC (near-field communication) technology onboard, enabling passengers to use smartphones, cruise card or bracelet to geolocate themselves or their kids, to access their stateroom or make onboard payments. Interactive screens are placed throughout the ship to enable passengers to make real-time bookings and reservations. Beacon technology is also used, sending location-based, customised notifications to users' phones as they move around the ship. Beacons are triggered whenever a connected device moves into their vicinity.
Decks and Cabins
MSC Seaside staterooms (2066 total) are in 25 categories and include 1610 Outside and 454 Inside. The largest aboard MSC Seaside is the Yacht Club Royal Suite (670 ft2 / 62 m2 plus 355 ft2 / 33 m2 terrace with an outdoor whirlpool hot tub). The ship has 54 wheelchair-accessible cabins, 14 aft-corner suites, suites with outdoor Jacuzzis, terraced balcony staterooms (overlooking the Promenade) and cluster cabins (designed for families with children). About 73% of all staterooms are with private step-out balconies. Most cabin balconies are sized 45-95 ft2 (4-9 m2).
The boat has 19 decks, of which 16 are passenger-accessible and 10 with cabins.
MSC Seaside decks are named after famous resort beaches.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
New and creative dining options are available onboard MSC Seaside. Expect the Fusion Restaurant with speciality dining and VIP Fine Dining Restaurant. The 9 onboard eateries feature cuisines from all around the world including the Pan-Asian restaurant via the partnership with acclaimed chef, Roy Yamaguchi, world-class international steak house and luxury seafood restaurant with chef’s table.
Follows the complete list of MSC Seaside restaurants and food bars.
- Main restaurants (dining rooms) offer traditional Italian cuisine and wines. Dining rooms are open for Breakfast (7-9:30 am), Lunch (12-noon - 2 pm_ and Dinner with 2 fixed seatings (7 pm and 9:30 pm) with a
- Seashore Restaurant (922-seat Aft Main Dining Room, size 1670 m2) serves breakfast, lunch (sea days only) and dinner, three fixed seatings, My Choice Dining (between 5:30-9:30 pm). Tables as capacity from 2 to 10 seats.
- Ipanema Restaurant (766-seat Aft Main Dining Room, size 1475 m2, Deck 6) serves dinner only (three fixed time seatings). Tables as capacity from 2 to 10 seats.
- Marketplace Buffet Restaurant (1102-seat buffet restaurant, size 2071 m2, Deck 8) with outdoor Promenade Deck seating (tables and chairs). Marketplace's multiple food stations include carvery, pizzeria (including made-to-order pies), fast-food (panini sandwiches, wraps, burgers, hot dogs), salad bar, fruits, vegan, bread and pasta (fresh-baked on the ship), beverage bar. Marketplace Buffet is open between 6.30 am - 2 am. The restaurant is a great choice for late-night pizzas and afternoon snacks. Seaside cruise ship's other buffet restaurant is on Deck 16 (Biscayne Bay Restaurant).
- Bistrot la Boheme (131-seat food lounge, size 670 m2, Deck 8) operates with a fixed menu charge (EUR 23) or a la carte priced menu: Dining tables are arranged around the Atrium.
- Ocean Cay by Ramon Freixa (32-seat seafood specialty restaurant, size 130 m2, Deck 9) is at fixed charge pp (EUR 49, pre-set menu) or with ordering from an a la carte priced menu.
- Asian Market Kitchen by Roy Yamaguchi includes Pan Asian Restaurant by Roy Yamaguchi (30-seat, size 100 m2, Deck 9), Sushi Food Bar by Roy Yamaguchi (40-seat, size 170 m2, with outdoor seating), Teppanyaki Restaurant by Roy Yamaguchi (32-seat, size 100 m2, dinner-only, with live cooking stations)
- Butcher's Cut (72-seat steakhouse restaurant, size 225 m2, with exclusive Chef's Table, Deck 9) is at fixed charge pp (EUR 49, pre-set menu) or with ordering from an a la carte priced menu. The steakhouse offers brunch (sea days only) with a la carte menu (omelets, carnitas, sandwiches, pancakes, surf-and-turf, desserts, premium wines. Butcher's Cut is open for lunch and dinner.
- Biscayne Bay Restaurant and Buffet (430-seat buffet restaurant for families and kids, size 1050 m2, Deck 9) is the Seaside ship's second buffet restaurant (the other is Marketplace Buffet on Deck 8). Biscayne Bay Buffet is open between 8-10 pm. Here are also offered themed food dinners. Biscayne Bay has dedicated food counters with children's meals, Pizzeria (pizza by the slice, made-to-order pies), fast-food stations (panini sandwiches, wraps, burgers, hot dogs), fresh-baked bread station, salad bar, fruits bar, vegan food station.
- MSC YACHT CLUB Restaurant (128-seat, size 630 m2, Deck 18) is part of Top Sail Lounge (upper level) and serves complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner with no fixed dining times. A different menu is offered every day, reflecting the current cruise itinerary/region of the ship. Top Sail Lounge and its Sundeck and Restaurant are part of an exclusive complex for MSC Yacht Club cabin passengers only.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
MSC Seaside is specifically designed for warm climates. The concept behind MSC Cruises Seaside ship is to "bring the sea closer to passengers. The beach-condo-inspired concept focuses on the outdoor space of suites and cabins, many al fresco eating options (20 bars), outdoor spa and fitness facilities, two wellness cabins with advanced Kinesis Technogym fitness equipment and private MSC Yacht Club, with a restaurant, lounge and solarium.
Signature activity areas include Adventure Trail outdoor playground (rope courses, bridges, crawl-through slides) and Zip-Line (length 130 m / 430 ft). The aqua park has 5 waterslides, interactive Slideboarding tube (combining video games, music, lights, 112-m water slide), Aquatube (innertube slide), 2x high-speed racing slides and 1x family flume-type slide. The waterpark also has 2 separate kids playgrounds (AquaPlay and AquaSpray).
Additional amenities include complimentary 24-Hour Room-Service and Supervised Children Program, Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry. Follows the complete list of MSC Seaside lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Medical Center (16-seat Infirmary, size 251 m2 / 2701 ft2, Deck 4) is the ship’s hospital operated by resident doctors/physicians and nurses on 24-hour duty. Payments are made by the boarding pass (treatments equivalent to a private doctor’s visit). General health insurance policies do not apply, so buying cruise health insurance is recommended.
- Photo Shop, Art Gallery (16-seat, size 200 m2, Deck 5)
- Emotions-Immersive Gallery (50-seat photo gallery, size 218 m2, Deck 5)
- Atrium Lobby Lounge with MSC Future Cruise (19-seat Cruise Consultant Office, size 126 m2), Reception (24-hour Guest Services Desk, 32-seat, size 270 m2), Atrium Bar (Seaside Bar, 77-seat coffee/cocktail bar, size 508 m2, Deck 5)
- Metropolitan Theatre (Deck 6 / 7) is the ship's main show lounge (capacity 946 seats, size 1313 m2, stage/dance floor surface 190 m2) hosting live classical concerts, operas and all seven Broadway-style evening show productions (on a rotating basis, 4 are performed nightly). Each show includes 5 singers, 15 dancers, 14 variety artists. The shows are named "My Life in Music’ (live performed popular movie soundtracks), ‘The Dream’ (dance show), "The Wizard" (magician show), "Peter Punk" (Peter Pan themed).
- Retail Shopping Area (duty-free shopping arcade with retail shops and brand-name boutiques, Deck 6), including Fine Watches and Jewellery Shop (size 67 m2), Boutique Accessories (fine bags, fashion accessories, size 64 m2), Boutique Monobrand (fashion shop for men-women-kids, size 64 m2), Perfumes and Cosmetics Shop (size 104 m2), Mini Mall (duty-free shop for tobaccos-liquors-snacks-beverages-toys, size 110 m2)
- Piazza Grande (square-type area with live music, pastry and ice cream bar, size 630 m2, Deck 6)
- Venchi 1878 Chocolate Bar (93-seat chocolate factory and coffee bar with an open kitchen by Venchi, size 520 m2)
- Business Centre (21-seat Meeting Room, size 47 m2, Deck 6)
- Shine Bar (74-seat pre-dinner cocktail bar, size 600 m2, Deck 6)
- MSC Excursions Office (74-seat, size 400 m2, Deck 6)
- Promenade Atrium Lounge (served by its own Bar, Deck 6)
- Miami Casino (237-seat gaming lounge, size 1150 m2, Deck 7) served by Casino Bar (35-seat, size 120 m2)
- Galleria Shopping Area, including Watches and Sunglasses Shop (size 60 m2, Deck 7)
- Champagne Bar (94-seat bar, cold food, size 670 m2, Deck 7)
- Garage Club & Bar (35-seat fast food bar, disco nightclub, size 181 m2, Deck 7) features a central dance floor, jukebox, vintage gas pump, high tables with chairs, classic American car (DJ booth), nightly transforms into disco club.
- Interactive XD Cinema (8-seat Interactive XD Dark Ride Cinema 5D, size 64 m2, Deck 7)
- F1 Simulator (Formula 1 virtual car driving simulator, Deck 7)
- Arcade Games (virtual gaming lounge with arcade machines, size 73 m2, Deck 7)
- Bowling (two full-size bowling alleys, size 100 m2, Deck 7)
- Entertainment Area (live band music and show performances, Deck 7)
- Haven Lounge & Bar (170-seat, size 820 m2, stage for live music performances, dance floor surface 63 m2, Deck 7) hosts daily dance classes, aerobics sessions, trivia games, bingo, shopping promos, foosball and ping pong tournaments.
- Library & Billiard Room (21-seat library lounge with pool table, size 90 m2, Deck 7)
- Venchi 1878 Gelato and Creperie (66-seat ice cream bar and creperie by Venchi, Deck 7)
- South Beach Pool (168-seat pool deck, size 1045 m2, Deck 7) with South Beach Swimming Pool (adults-only) and served by South Beach Bar (75-seat outdoor poolside bar)
- Waterfront Boardwalk is an outdoor Promenade Deck (Deck 8) with seating (for bars and lounges). Part of the open-air Promenade Deck are two catwalks (panoramic glass-bottomed platforms with glass railings). Each of them is 130-ft / 40-m long and extends beyond the ship’s edge (location midship – portside and starboard).
- MSC AUREA SPA (ship's wellness complex on Deck 8) is sized 2410 m2 (spa and sports facilities). Priority lift access is provided to MSC Aurea Spa cabin passengers. Wellness facilities include Spa Wellness Area (with Swimming Pool), Thalasso Area (with Thalassotherapy Pool), Thalasso Room (body treatments), Solarium (sundeck area), Yoga Studio, Nail Salon, Massages and Treatments Rooms, Medi SPA (botox, filler, anti-aging facials and body treatments), Beauty Parlor (makeup-waxing-nail services), Barber Shop (men's wellness and male grooming services and treatments), Jean Louis David Hair Salon (hairdresser / cutting-coloring-styling, hair treatments), Spa Reception (Waiting Area), Doctor, Fitness Centre (size 870 m2, MSC Gym Powered by Technogym) with External Gym Area, SPA Gym and Shop (retail shopping for haircare-skincare-beauty products from premium brands, Armani sportswear), Thermal Area (dark/bright sensory steam bath), Finnish Sauna Room, Emotional Showers, Kneipp Therapy Room, Salt Room, Snow Room, Relax Room (with heated benches).
- The Piazza is an indoor square with bars and shops (Deck 8), including Fashion Jewellery Shop (brand jewelry and watches, size 55 m2), MSC Logo Shop (MSC Cruises logoed merchandise, size 67 m2), The Gallery (Jewellery Boutique, size 26 m2).
- Broadcasting Room (4-seat TV recording room, size 14 m2, Deck 8)
- Sports Bar (160-seat, size 425 m2, Deck 8) serves drinks and finger food has bar stools and large HDTVs (live-streaming sporting events).
- Seaside Lounge (97-seat, size 301 m2, Deck 8) and Seaside Bar (77-seat, size 508 m2) serve premium coffee, gourmet pastries, signature cocktails. The lounge has a stage (for live music performances), dance floor (surface 16 m2), comfortable seating (plush sofas and armchairs with low tables). In the evenings the bar lounge transforms into a jazz club. It also can be privately booked for exclusive events. The bar accesses the promenaded Deck (outdoor seating, smoking allowed area).
- MSC Excursions Point (size 55 m2, for shore excursions / tours booking and information, Deck 8)
- Infinity Bridge (Deck 8)
- Top Sail Lounge (152-seat, size 377 m2, Deck 9 / 10) is a 2-deck high indoor bar lounge, restaurant (on upper level) and an outdoor sundeck area with bow views. Top Sail Lounge is an exclusive complex for MSC Yacht Club cabin passengers only. The food and beverages are concierge-served and complimentary
- L'Enoteca (Wine and Cocktails Bar, 56-seat, size 211 m2, Deck 9) has a separate area for wine tastings.
- The aft-located Miami Beach Pool Deck (2400 m2, Deck 9) has a large swimming pool (for all ages), raised stage for live performances (crew shows, sea day deck parties, live music), large LED screen (outdoor movies and music videos daily), three Jacuzzies (spa pools / whirlpool hot tubs), Miami Beach Bar (156-seat, poolside outdoor, serves beverages - frozens, beers, wines), Miami Beach Sun Deck (aft sunbathing area with loungers and deckchairs), Panoramic Lift (aft), Bridge of Sighs (glass-bottomed viewing platform).
- The "Bridge of Sighs" (Deck 9, aft) is a panoramic catwalk (glass-floored walking platform, with glass railings) for stunning stern ship views of the ocean.
- Magrodome Area with Jungle Pool (retractable glass-roof covered pool deck, size 950 m2, Deck 18), Jungle Bar (193-seat indoor pool bar), Jungle Pool Lounge (193-seat, size 1500 m2) has deckchairs and table games (foosball, Ping-Pong). Nearby is the Zipline's entrance.
- Children’s facilities on Deck 18 include Forest Aquaventure Park (83-seat, size 970 m2), Teen Club (size 28 m2), Young Club (size 56 m2), Junior Club LEGO (size 70 m2), Mini Club LEGO (size 100 m2), Baby Club CHICCO (size 80 m2), Doremi Land, Doremi Studio (100-seat, size 130 m2), Reception (for the kids’ facilities).
- Forest Aquaventure Park is the ship's water playground with wading pool, four waterslides (2x racing, 1x slideboarding, 1x standard), water cannons, fountains, playground climber.
- Doremi Studio is a theatre-like (TV studio) with a big LED screen and tiered seating, family time games, dance floor, interactive gaming.
- Baby Club CHICCO is a nursery (babysitting facility via partnership with CHICCO / Italian babywear company). It is open for toddlers from 6 to 36 months old and offers a lot of free baby products (diapers, wipes, bottles, Infant formula, selection of strollers and cots). The nursery has a large TV, coloured books and soft play area with age-appropriate toys, a separate room with cots, bathroom. Supervised activities include Mini Olympic games, cooking class, Baby Time (allows parents to play with their kids), Baby Care (allows parents to leave their children / 1-year-old and older for ~90 min in the morning-afternoon-evening). Parents must do the feeding, but the staff change nappies. Nursery's opening hours are between 9 am - 1 pm, 3-6 pm and 8-11:00 pm.
- Mini Club LEGO is a playroom (for 3-6-year-olds) with Lego and Duplo bricks, cinema, foosball, kids books, crayons, pens, age-appropriate toys, kids programming with supervised activities (sports, arts-crafts, treasure hunts, musical chairs, games, dressing up, cooking in the TV Studio).
- Junior Club LEGO is a playroom (for 7-11-year-olds) with a brick pit, age-appropriate toys and games, cinema, foosball, supervised activities (games, sports, arts-crafts), educational activities. The two rooms are connected and when opened up create a large playground.
- Young Club is for tweens (12-14-year-olds) and operates on a different basis from the younger kids' clubs. Programming is offered all day on sea days and only in the afternoon on port days. Facilities include table tennis, foosball, PS4, some double seats in which kids can lounge back to play video games from a TV placed in the ceiling, as well as traditional board games. The most innovative technology asset is a multi-media table allowing kids to post messages and pictures which then get screened on the club's walls. Programming includes generation games, lip sync battles, sports tournaments in the Sportplex. There is a EUR 10 per kid per hour charge for use of the club between 11 pm - 2 am (otherwise access is free).
- Teen Club is for children 15-17-year-old and has dance floor, plenty of chairs, large TVs, beanbags, video games (PS4, VR, Nintendo). The programming includes virtual gaming, sports and dancing competitions including ping pong and mini-golf.
- The fore-located MSC Yacht Club Open Area (112-seat, size 1600 m2, Deck 19) is an exclusive sundeck with Swimming Pool (One Pool / MSC Yacht Club Pool), Pool Bar, 2 Solariums each with a large Jacuzzi (spa pool / whirlpool hot tub), cabanas (for rental), sunbathing areas with padded loungers and deckchairs. Pool towels are complimentary and provided in the cabins.
- On deck 19 is also the ship's Sports Court - aft-located multisports court (for basketball-volleyball-tennis) and 2 separate zip lines, each 120 m/393 ft in length. Midship is the Magrodome - retractable roof cover over deck 18's midship pool deck.
- Miramar Bar (78-seat, with panoramic sea view, Deck 19).
MSC Seaside itinerary program is based on year-round round-trip Caribbean cruises with departures out of PortMiami (starting December 2017). MSC Seaside itineraries include as destinations Bahamas, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Jamaica.
In early-June 2020, MSC Cruises announced the Seaside ship in 2021 will be relocated from the Caribbean to Europe, deployed in the Mediterranean and homeported in Genoa Italy.
MSC Seaside - user reviews and comments
Photos of MSC SeasideAdd Photo
MSC Seaside ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
MSC Cruises announced that its MSC Bellissima ship, one of the line’s most modern liners, will sail a total of 21 Red Sea voyages from the...July 13, 2021
- Cruise Industry
MSC Cruises commenced its Northern Europe summer season when the line's 2018-built ship MSC Seaview departed from her homeport Kiel Germany on...July 5, 2021
- Cruise Industry
MSC Cruises announced that it had chartered the industry-largest air charter (fly-cruise) program for summer 2021 to make more homeports (embarkation...June 20, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Over the weekend, MSC Splendida became the latest MSC Cruises' liner to restart summer sailings with a 7-night itinerary to the Eastern Mediterranean...June 15, 2021
Malta's authorities on Monday, June 7, prohibited the MSC Cruises' ship MSC Seaside from entering Port Valletta because 2 passengers tested positive...June 9, 2021
- Cruise Industry
MSC Cruises announced it will restart its cruise operations in Spain with the deployment of the MSC Grandiosa ship to Barcelona from June 26 for a...June 4, 2021
- Cruise Industry
MSC Cruises announced it would restart its operations in Germany on July 3 with its first-ever deployment of a Seaside class ship to operate in the...May 22, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Cruising from the UK resumed on Thursday, May 20, following a 14-month halt when MSC Virtuosa departed from Southampton England for a 4-night...May 21, 2021
- Cruise Industry
MSC Cruises’ latest flagship, MSC Virtuosa, arrived in Southampton England on Thursday, May 13, ready to welcome passengers as cruising...May 14, 2021
- Cruise Industry
MSC Cruises' MSC Seaside ship joined MSC Grandiosa back at sea on May 1, welcoming passengers onboard for weekly 7-night voyages in the Western...May 4, 2021
- show more news
Other MSC Cruises cruise ships
MSC Seaside Wiki
Seaside is the first of the Seaside-class MSC newbuilds and the first MSC cruise vessel christened in the USA (December 21, 2017, in PortMiami). In 2017, Seaside was also the largest passenger ship ever built by Fincantieri. The second Seaside-class ship (MSC Seaview) was delivered in June 2018. There was also an option for a third Seaside-class ship (scheduled delivery 2021). The other MSC vessel launched in 2017 (May) was MSC Meraviglia.
Samsung supported near-field communication systems allowing passengers to use a digital device (smartphone, sail card or bracelet) to locate themselves or their companions on the ship. The new technology also allows cabin access and making onboard payments. Interactive screens throughout the ship allow excursion booking and making restaurant reservations
On June 22, 2015, was held the steel cutting ceremony at Fincantieri’s Monfalcodne shipyard (Trieste, Italy). On March 4, 2016, was held the keel-laying ceremony, during which a 550-ton keel block was laid to officially start the ship's construction. On April 21, 2016, at the shipyard was held the coin ceremony. During this traditional event, shipbuilders place special edition coins to bless the new vessel and to bring luck.
The vessel was floated out on November 26, 2016, and completed (delivered to MSC) on November 29, 2017. During the delivery ceremony, MSC announced the order of two "Seaside EVO" class ships from Fincantieri (contract value EUR 1,8 billion). The new ships are bigger (16 m longer, 17,330 GT tons heavier, capacity 467 more passengers) in comparison to the sisterships Seaview and Seaside. The EVO-class newbuilds deliveries were scheduled for 2021 (Seashore) and 2023 (TBN).
The company Shores Global LLC provided all the vessel's outdoor wicker furniture (on passenger cabin balconies and poolside). Over 3000 pieces (deckchairs and sun loungers) were produced and delivered at the Fincantieri shipyard in October 2017. The company is a major cruise ship furniture supplier, offering consulting (fabrics and materials) as well as production process management.
Fun fact is that on November 30, 2017 (during ship's launch) the company Marlink (world's largest independent satellite Internet provider) provided over 0,5 gigabit per second throughput on its Sealink VSAT network. Seaside's record-breaking Internet throughput was enabled on Intelsat’s new EpicNG satellites. Marlink is MSC Cruises fleet provider of satellite Internet via optimized "cloud of bandwidth". As of 2017, Marlink had as part of its Sealink network 25 satellites and 32 overlapping beams.
Ship's official naming ceremony was held in Miami on December 21, 2017, and hosted by Mario Lopez. The event's headline entertainer was Ricky Martin (Puerto Rican singer) performing live some of his hit songs. Another stage performer was Andrea Bocelli (Italian crossover tenor) accompanied by Haitian kids chorus. Among the VIP guests was Dan Marino (Miami Dolphins NFL player). In October 2017, MSC signed an exclusive partnership deal with Miami Dolphins, which allows MSC cruise passengers the exclusive Miami Dolphins experience at sea, as well as to meet team alumni on a sports-themed cruise on MSC Seaside in 2018.
Ship's godmother is Sophia Loren (Italian film actress), who names each new MSC cruise vessel since 2003.
The new vessel design features a novel marine architecture and 2 engine rooms (located forward and aft). Also are implemented new technologies for better efficiency to lower fuel consumption. The ship is powered by all four / two pairs of Wartsila marine diesel engines (model 12V46F) with total power output 62,4 MW.
MSC's Dolphins Fan Cruise
Itinerary March 17-24 (the 7-day Caribbean and Antilles roundtrip from Miami to Nassau Bahamas, St Thomas USVI and St Johns Antigua) was officially themed "Dolphins Fan Cruise". This special voyage was a result of the 3-year partnership between MSC and the NFL team. The sports-themed voyage will be hosted annually over the next 3 years (2017-2020). The 2018 voyage's prices started from USD 700 per person (balcony cabin rates based on double occupancy).
During these sports-theme cruises, passengers have the opportunities to interact in person with team alumni. The list of pre-scheduled onboard activities includes:
- Meet team's legends Joe Rose, Kim Bokamper, Nat Moore, Patrick Surtain, Sam Madison, Terry Kirby.
- Take autographs from the alumni, and get a photo with the team's cheerleaders.
- Cheer alongside the team’s cheerleaders and hype up the crowd with the mascot TD (The Dolphin).
- Enjoy special performances by cheer squad and the mascot.
- Get to know former players during Q&A sessions.
On April 28, 2018, the ship hosted the Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders for the team's annual calendar shoot. The cheerleaders' team hosted special onboard show programming.
- Via the company's "Save & Sail" summer promotion, potential MSC cruise customers had the chance to book a balcony stateroom on the "Cheerleaders voyage" starting at USD 650 pp. The off-promo prices started from USD 1098 pp (Inside Cabin rates with double occupancy).
- The Cheerleaders cruise itinerary (April 28 - May 5) was a 7-day roundtrip from Miami to St Maarten Island, Puerto Rico and Bahamas (Nassau).
Caribbean cruise itineraries 2017
MSC Seaside sails year-round cruises from USA Florida (home-port Miami) to the Caribbean, starting December 2017. In early 2015, MSC announced that the ship's year-round Miami-based operations would benefit from the newly expanded and dedicated to MSC cruise ships exclusively berth and cruise terminal at PortMiami.
- In mid-December 2015, MSC opened the Seaside ship for booking. The Inaugural cruise departed out of Miami on December 21, 2017. Bookings were opened first for MSC Voyager Club Members only (Dec 15 through 29), which also received their 5% booking discount (standard for all Voyagers Club members) plus (as a bonus) an all-Inclusive drink package. The MSC Classic beverage package is applicable to 1st and 2nd guest in the cabin and on 7-night or longer MSC Seaside cruises only.
- On Dec 29, 2015, bookings were opened to the general public. MSC Seaside deals also offered the Classic all-Inclusive drink package for all bookings made by Jan 31, 2016.
- Initial booking prices started from USD 590 pp (double occupancy inside cabin rates).
Homeport Miami departures are at 7 pm. Ports of call times are as follow:
- Nassau Bahamas (12 am - 8 pm)
- Ocean Cay Bahamas (9 am - 11:55 pm) - MSC Cruises private island
- Cozumel Mexico (10 am - 6 pm)
- Ocho Rios Jamaica (11 am - 5 pm)
- St Thomas USVI (8 am - 4 pm) - US Virgin Islands
- Grand Cayman (9 am - 4 pm)
- San Juan Puerto Rico (7 am - 2 pm)
Prices on 7-day Eastern Caribbean or 7-day Western Caribbean cruises out of Miami are similar and start from around $640 per person.
- The 7-day Eastern Caribbean itinerary visits Bahamas (Nassau), USVI (St Thomas, overnight stay), Puerto Rico (San Juan), Ocean Cay (Bahamas private island).
- The 7-day Western Caribbean itinerary visits Jamaica (Ocho Rios), Grand Cayman, Mexico (Cozumel), Ocean Cay (Bahamas private island).
Inaugural Cruise 2017
Next tables show the ship's Inaugural Cruise itineraries as ports of call, port times and sequences between ports.
(repositioning) 20 nights / 21 days inaugural Transatlantic cruise from Venice to Miami. Prices started from USD 2530 pp (double occupancy inside cabin). Initial booking prices started from USD 1730 pp (or USD 87 per day). Passengers in Aurea, Bella, Fantastica or Wellness cabin categories received a free beverage package, plus 30% laundry discount and 3 complimentary shore excursions.
|Date / Time||Port|
|01 Dec||Departing from Venice, Italy|
|03 Dec 12:00 - 20:00||Messina, Sicily, Italy|
|05 Dec 09:00 - 23:00||Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Island, Spain|
|06 Dec 10:00 - 18:00||Barcelona, Spain|
|08 Dec 08:00 - 18:00||Cadiz, Spain|
|10 Dec 08:00 - 17:00||Funchal, Madeira Island, Portugal|
|16 Dec 08:00 - 18:00||Philipsburg, St Maarten Island|
|17 Dec 08:00 - 18:00||Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas Island, USVI|
|18 Dec 08:00 - 02:00||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|21 Dec||Arriving in Miami, Florida|
7 nights / 8 days roundtrip Inaugural Caribbean And Antilles cruise from Miami. Prices started from USD 1130 pp (double occupancy inside cabin).
|Date / Time||Port|
|23 Dec||Departing from Miami|
|26 Dec 08:00 - 18:00||Philipsburg, St Maarten|
|27 Dec 07:00 - 17:00||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|29 Dec 10:00 - 18:00||Nassau, Bahamas|
|30 Dec||Arriving in Miami|
(back-to-back / B2B) 14 nights / 15 days roundtrip the Caribbean And Antilles B2B cruise from Miami. Prices started from USD 1920 pp (double occupancy inside cabin).
|Date / Time||Port|
|23 Dec||Departing from Miami|
|26 Dec 08:00 - 18:00||Philipsburg, St Maarten Island|
|27 Dec 07:00 - 17:00||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|29 Dec 10:00 - 18:00||Nassau, Bahamas|
|30 Dec 07:00 - 19:00||Miami, Florida|
|01 Jan 09:00 - 17:00||Ocho Rios, Jamaica|
|02 Jan 08:00 - 16:00||George Town, Grand Cayman Island|
|03 Jan 10:00 - 18:00||Cozumel, Mexico|
|05 Jan 10:00 - 18:00||Nassau, Bahamas|
|06 Jan||Arriving in Miami|
MSC Seaside User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review