Santos/Sao Paulo cruise port is 45 miles (72 km) south-east of Sao Paulo. It is located on the Sao Vicente island eastern part. It was established in 1534. The port became prosperous with the coffee boom in the middle of 19th century. Santos cruise port is the gateway to Sao Paulo and also is known with the nickname “the coffee port.”
The port's cruising season is December through April. The cruise port schedule has ships with predominantly one-way itineraries. Among those are Transatlantic crossings and voyages from Brazil to Uruguay and Argentina visiting popular ports of call like Buzios, Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires, Montevideo.
- Port's record year was season 2010-2011, when the cruise port was visited by a total of 1,220830 million passengers. The busiest day was in 2008 (9 cruise liners). Port's current regulations allow max 6 vessels to be docked at once, in order to keep the smooth flow of its cargo shipping operations.
- During season 2016-2017, the port handled a total of 471,702 cruise ship passengers (36% increase over 2015-2016).
- During season 2017-2018, the cruise port had scheduled 87 ship calls with booked 11 ships.
Santos cruise terminal
Santos/Sao Paulo cruise port welcomes over 1.3 million visitors annually. It is part of the Latin America’s busiest port. The terminal used for cruise ship is Concais Passenger Terminal. A new one is planned soon.
Santos/Sao Paulo cruise port terminal is one kilometre and a half from the center of the city. Sao Paulo is 72 km away (there is a taxi service available). The Guarulhos International Airport is 120 km from Samtos cruise port terminal.
The cruise ships dock alongside Santos/Sao Paulo cruise port. There is a shuttle bus to the terminal, because the length of the port is 8.7 miles.
Santos/Sao Paulo cruise port terminal offers snack bars, cafes, tour decks, stores, ATM, internet access and currency exchange. In front there is a statue. It represents the patron saint of the harbor workers – Our Lady of Fatima.
You can reach the town by walking, shuttle bus or a taxi.
Santos tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Rampa do Mercado: at the end of Rua 15 de Novembro, on the seafront. Visit Casa do Café in Warehouse 15 and buy or sample any imaginable coffee kind.
- Railway Station: the model of London’s Victoria Station. It is at the town entrance, located on Largo Marquàs de Monte Alegre near the sea. It dates from 1867 an it is Federal Railways station.
- Santo Antônio do Valongo: at the railway station’ s square. There is a church and monastery. They were constructed in the 17th century (1640-1691).
- Museum of Sacred Art: Monte Serrat and the Morro São Bento are located at the town entrance.
- Nossa Senhora do Monte Serrat: visit the Nossa Senhora do Monte Serrat chapel. It dates from 1603.
- Câmara Municipal & Cadeia Pública: the old Town Hall and Gaol. Dates from 1830-60. It is located on Praça dos Andradas.
- Carmelite Convent & Chapel of third Carmelite Order: the place where the rests the ” father of Brazilian independence”, José Bonifácio de Andrada e Silva. You can also enjoy paintings by Benedito Calixto and Jesuíno de Monte Carmelo.
- Municipal Orchidarium: in the José Menino district. It is near the Porchat Island. It a small park for peaceful time. In November you can watch the orchid show.
- Aquarium: the Fisheries Museum and the Municipal Aquarium are located on Avenida Bartolomeu de Gusmão in the building of the Department of Agriculture.
- Beaches: the coast os Santos is 4.3 miles (7 km) long. You can visit Boqueirão, Praias José Menino, Ponta da Praia, Gonzaga and Embaré beaches.
- Museum of the Sea: located on Rua República do Equador.
Port Santos cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Santos, Sao Paulo, Brazil. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|1 December, 2018|
|2 December, 2018|
|6 December, 2018|
|7 December, 2018|
|9 December, 2018|
|10 December, 2018|
|11 December, 2018|
|13 December, 2018|
|15 December, 2018|
|16 December, 2018|
|16 December, 2018|
|17 December, 2018|
|20 December, 2018|
|22 December, 2018|
|23 December, 2018|
|26 December, 2018|
|27 December, 2018|
|29 December, 2018|
|30 December, 2018|
The Santos cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Santos, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
If you lose the Santos location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.