MSC Preziosa current position
Specifications of MSC Preziosa
|Year built||2013 / Age: 8|
|Builder||Chantiers de l’Atlantique (Saint-Nazaire, STX France)|
|Building cost||USD 550 million|
|Owner||Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC)|
|Speed||23 kn / 43 kph / 26 mph|
|Length (LOA)||333 m / 1093 ft|
|Beam (width)||38 m / 125 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||139072 gt|
|Passengers||3502 - 4378|
|Decks with cabins||9|
|Sister-ships||MSC Divina, MSC Fantasia, MSC Splendida|
|Christened by||Sophia Loren|
MSC Preziosa Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2021 Sep 23||4 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Genoa||$449|
|2021 Sep 23||2 days, one-way from Genoa to Marseille||Genoa||$139|
|2021 Sep 23||1 day, one-way from Genoa to Barcelona||Genoa||$69|
|2021 Sep 24||6 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Barcelona||$630|
|2021 Sep 25||3 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Marseille||$339|
|2021 Sep 27||4 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Genoa||$560|
|2021 Sep 28||4 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Marseille||$740|
|2021 Sep 30||5 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Barcelona||$560|
|2021 Oct 01||5 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Genoa||$499|
|2021 Oct 02||5 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Marseille||$450|
|2021 Oct 05||5 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Barcelona||$499|
|2021 Oct 06||5 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Genoa||$510|
|2021 Oct 07||5 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Marseille||$500|
|2021 Oct 10||3 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Barcelona||$330|
|2021 Oct 11||4 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Genoa||$389|
|2021 Oct 12||4 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Marseille||$369|
|2021 Oct 13||4 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Barcelona||$419|
|2021 Oct 15||4 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Genoa||$389|
|2021 Oct 16||4 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Marseille||$349|
|2021 Oct 16||3 days, one-way from Marseille to Genoa||Marseille||$279|
|2021 Oct 17||4 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Barcelona||$389|
|2021 Oct 19||16 days, one-way from Genoa to Rio de Janeiro||Genoa||$629|
|2021 Oct 19||17 days, one-way from Genoa to Santos||Genoa||$669|
|2021 Oct 20||16 days, one-way from Marseille to Santos||Marseille||$629|
|2021 Oct 20||15 days, one-way from Marseille to Rio de Janeiro||Marseille||$579|
|2021 Oct 21||14 days, one-way from Barcelona to Rio de Janeiro||Barcelona||$529|
|2021 Oct 21||15 days, one-way from Barcelona to Santos||Barcelona||$579|
|2021 Nov 17||3 days, round-trip South America||Santos||$329|
|2021 Nov 23||3 days, round-trip South America||Santos||$289|
|2021 Nov 29||4 days, round-trip South America||Santos||$389|
|2021 Dec 03||4 days, one-way from Santos to Rio de Janeiro||Santos||$349|
|2021 Dec 07||5 days, round-trip South America||Rio de Janeiro||$479|
|2021 Dec 12||6 days, round-trip South America||Rio de Janeiro||$509|
|2021 Dec 18||8 days, round-trip South America||Rio de Janeiro||$769|
|2021 Dec 26||7 days, round-trip South America||Rio de Janeiro||$1119|
|2022 Jan 02||7 days, round-trip South America||Rio de Janeiro||$669|
|2022 Jan 09||6 days, round-trip South America||Rio de Janeiro||$599|
|2022 Jan 15||8 days, round-trip South America||Rio de Janeiro||$769|
|2022 Jan 23||6 days, round-trip South America||Rio de Janeiro||$599|
|2022 Jan 29||8 days, round-trip South America||Rio de Janeiro||$719|
|2022 Feb 06||6 days, round-trip South America||Rio de Janeiro||$539|
|2022 Feb 12||8 days, round-trip South America||Rio de Janeiro||$719|
|2022 Feb 20||6 days, round-trip South America||Rio de Janeiro||$539|
|2022 Feb 26||7 days, round-trip South America||Rio de Janeiro||$809|
|2022 Mar 05||3 days, round-trip South America||Rio de Janeiro||$329|
|2022 Mar 08||3 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Santos||Rio de Janeiro||$279|
|2022 Mar 21||4 days, round-trip South America||Santos||$379|
|2022 Mar 28||3 days, round-trip South America||Santos||$379|
|2022 Apr 03||4 days, round-trip South America||Santos||$379|
|2022 Apr 07||24 days, one-way from Santos to Kiel||Santos||$1139|
|2022 Apr 07||23 days, one-way from Santos to Copenhagen||Santos||$990|
|2022 Apr 07||19 days, one-way from Santos to Le Havre||Santos||$769|
|2022 Apr 08||23 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Kiel||Rio de Janeiro||$969|
|2022 Apr 08||22 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Copenhagen||Rio de Janeiro||$1220|
|2022 Apr 08||19 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Southampton||Rio de Janeiro||$879|
|2022 Apr 08||18 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Le Havre||Rio de Janeiro||$729|
|2022 Apr 08||15 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Lisbon||Rio de Janeiro||$579|
|2022 Apr 23||8 days, one-way from Lisbon to Kiel||Lisbon||$629|
|2022 May 01||11 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Kiel||$829|
|2022 May 12||10 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Kiel||$769|
|2022 May 22||7 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Kiel||$589|
|2022 May 22||14 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Kiel||$1179|
|2022 May 29||7 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Kiel||$589|
|2022 May 29||14 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Kiel||$1299|
|2022 Jun 05||7 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Kiel||$709|
|2022 Jun 05||14 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Kiel||$1459|
|2022 Jun 12||7 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Kiel||$749|
|2022 Jun 12||14 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Kiel||$1499|
|2022 Jun 19||7 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Kiel||$749|
|2022 Jun 19||14 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Kiel||$1589|
|2022 Jun 26||7 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Kiel||$839|
|2022 Jun 26||14 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Kiel||$1679|
|2022 Jul 03||7 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Kiel||$839|
|2022 Jul 03||14 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Kiel||$1679|
|2022 Jul 10||7 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Kiel||$839|
|2022 Jul 10||14 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Kiel||$1679|
|2022 Jul 17||7 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Kiel||$839|
|2022 Jul 17||14 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Kiel||$1679|
|2022 Jul 24||7 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Kiel||$839|
|2022 Jul 24||14 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Kiel||$1679|
|2022 Jul 31||7 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Kiel||$839|
|2022 Jul 31||14 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Kiel||$1679|
|2022 Aug 07||7 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Kiel||$839|
|2022 Aug 07||14 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Kiel||$1679|
|2022 Aug 14||7 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Kiel||$839|
|2022 Aug 21||11 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Kiel||$1289|
|2022 Sep 01||10 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Kiel||$899|
|2022 Sep 11||12 days, one-way from Kiel to Genoa||Kiel||$519|
|2022 Sep 23||5 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Genoa||$599|
|2022 Sep 28||5 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Genoa||$529|
|2022 Oct 03||5 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Genoa||$519|
|2022 Oct 08||4 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Genoa||$469|
|2022 Oct 09||3 days, one-way from Marseille to Genoa||Marseille||$219|
|2022 Oct 10||2 days, one-way from Barcelona to Genoa||Barcelona||$169|
MSC Preziosa Review
Review of MSC Preziosa
History - construction and ownership
MSC Cruises (MSC Crociere) is a passenger shipping company headquartered in Genoa and Naples. It was established in 1960. Today, MSC Crociere is a subsidiary of MSC (Mediterranean Shipping Company) - world's 2nd largest containership company. MSC Crociere is the world's largest privately-owned cruise company. By annual passenger shipping volumes, MSC is ranked world's 4th largest cruise company (after Carnival Corporation, RCCL-Royal Caribbean and NCL-Norwegian) with over 5% global market share.
On June 4, 2010, the shipbuilder STX France and the GNMTC company (Libyan state-owned corporation) signed a letter of intent for building 1 cruise vessel with MSC Fantasia-class design.
- The vessel was named “Phoenicia”. Its innovative design featured a 120-ton aquarium with live sharks (as specified by Muammar Gaddafi’s son Hannibal).
- During the construction, in February 2011, the civil war in Libya broke out, and in June STX France cancelled the contract, ending up with an unfinished hull.
- On March 13, 2012, the MSC cruise company officially announced the purchase of the cruise vessel for EUR 550 million. The design’s new specifications were identical to MSC Divina. The new vessel was then named "MSC Preziosa", delivered to MSC in March 2013.
The 4000-passenger ship MSC Preziosa is one of the largest in the MSC fleet. The vessel is impressive not only with her size but also with the features included. More than 80% of the cabins have ocean views, and many feature luxurious balconies. On board the MSC Preziosa there are more than 99 cabins marked as "VIP".
In the beginning, the vessel was commissioned by Colonel Gaddafi’s son Hannibal, who wanted a tank for 6 sharks to be present into the design. While the ship was under construction at a shipyard in France, the Libyan regime was overthrown in June 2011, so the plans of the son of Colonel Gaddafi’s failed. Mediterranean Shipping Company decided to buy the vessel in 2012.
Decks and Cabins
MSC Preziosa staterooms (1751 total, in 12 grades) include 134x Suites, 1133x Balcony, 116x Oceanview, 405x Inside. Most staterooms are Balcony (sized 190 ft2 / 18 m2), with cabin balconies sized 40 ft2 / 4 m2. The largest accommodations are the Yacht Club Royal Suites (400 ft2 / 37 m2, with wraparound terrace sized 170 ft2 / 16 m2).
The boat has 17 decks, of which 14 are passenger-accessible and 9 with cabins.
MSC Preziosa decks are named after precious stones and minerals.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Onboard the cruise ship MSC Preziosa guests may enjoy good and tasty cuisine with 4 available restaurants. For culinary addicts, the perfect mouth-watering adventure will be the Galaxy restaurant – open-kitchen, boasting delicious dining all day.
Follows the complete list of MSC Preziosa restaurants and food bars.
- The Golden Lobster Restaurant (2-level forward Dining Room, level 1 of 2, capacity 790 seats, size 1080 m2 on level 1/Deck 5; capacity 534 seats, size 907 m2 on level 2/Deck 6; breakfast 7-10 am, lunch 12-2 pm, and dinner (2 fixed seatings)- at 7 or 9:45 pm; menus feature different Italian regions traditional meals and wines, 7-course dinner menu, including vegan and vegetarian choices)
- L’Arabesque Restaurant (aft Dining Room with panoramic views, capacity 740 seats, Mediterranean cuisine, size 1222 m2, open for Breakfast 7:00-10:00 a.m., Lunch 12:00-2:00 p.m., and Dinner with 2 fixed seatings at 7:00 and 9:45 p.m., features a 3-course menu for lunch, 7-course for dinner, Deck 6)
- La Locanda (115-seat wine bar and Italian specialty restaurant for lunch and dinner/a la carte charge; tapas, pizzas, size 340 m2, Deck 7)
- Butcher's Cut (121-seat, size 261.5 m2, open between 12noon-2:30 pm and 7-11 pm, Deck 7) is an American steakhouse restaurant on Galleria's upper deck, with open kitchen and indoor seating, along with outside seating (overlooking the promenade). The food consists of big cuts of different meats (steak, lamb, even bison), salad starters and prawn cocktail (served on ice), dipping sauces on the side, desserts bar (including a signature lava cake and New York cheesecake, Deck 7).
- Sports and Bowling Diner (54-seat sports bar with large TVs, 2x 10 pin bowling lanes/surcharge per game, serving snacks, burgers, beverages, cocktails, beer/with a la carte prices, size 148 m2, Deck 7).
- Inca (304 seats) and Maya (608 seats) self-service buffet restaurants on Deck 14 (breakfast 6:30-11am, lunch 12-5:30pm and dinner 7-10pm; with different food stations- Grill Corner (hotdogs, burgers, wraps), Pizza (12pm-6pm), Pasta, Carving Show corner (meat cuts), Bakery, Mediterranean, Ethnic Corner (vegetable and meat curries), Children Corner (healthy food suitable for children), also for Desserts, Salads and Fruits.
- La Palmeraie (110-seat aft Dining Room on Deck 15 for MSC Yacht Club members only, with French-Italian gourmet cuisine, selected wines/Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, size 218 m2).
- Galaxy Lounge and Sky & Stars Disco (122-seat a la carte charge specialty restaurant for lunch/dinner and nightclub, size 421 m2, Deck 16)
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
MSC Preziosa cruise ship is the 12th member of MSC passenger ships fleet. With Preziosa, the Mediterranean experience was brought to perfection. Her outstanding favourites and unique features such as the longest for MSC waterslide, the “MSC Yacht Club”, 30,000 sq.metres public areas, will help you enjoy the new irresistible opportunities and tailor each moment to your mood and taste.
On the MSC Cruises Preziosa ship, you can experience the purifying effect of natural materials which radiate Mediterranean colours and light, including the Swarovski sweeping staircases, real stone piazza and the infinity magical pool. Remember to try the MSC sublime Aurea SPA with wellness and beauty treatments that will melt away every tension. If you simply want to sunbathe in privacy, soak up sun rays in the Preziosa’s sanctuary of serenity – the adults-only “Top 18”. It boasts stunning ocean views and premium deck space, not forgetting Top 18 dedicated own spa service, bar menu, fruit skewers – which are complimentary, of course. This one is the perfect place on the Preziosa ship to relax and unwind – for couples looking for romantic hideaways, groups of friends, or tired of kids parents who just look for some quiet time.
Be sure to experience the privilege to access world-class leisure, including Broadway-scale theatre, full-gaming casino and the luxury of the exclusive suites of MSC Yacht Club. Butler service, private decks and dedicated facilities – if it’s not enough, what about discovering MSC Preziosa exclusive innovations like the splash-packed games and fun of the kids aqua park Doremi Castle. Or the Vertigo swooping thrills – the longest on the seas water slide which is single-rider. The ship boasts 12 jacuzzis and 4 pools (La Playa/covered, The One/yacht club).
Additional amenities include complimentary 24-Hour Room-Service, Supervised Children Program, Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry.
Follows the complete list of MSC Preziosa lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Medical Center (6-seat Infirmary, size 284 m2, Deck 4) is the ship’s hospital operated by resident doctors/physicians and nurses on 24-hour duty. Payments are made by the boarding pass (treatments equivalent to a private doctor’s visit). General health insurance policies do not apply, so buying cruise health insurance is recommended.
- Preziosa Atrium (5-deck high midship area with live entertainment)
- Reception (128-seat guest services desk/reservations, booking, assistance, size 479 m2, Deck 5)
- Preziosa Bar (43-seat Atrium Lobby bar, size 120 m2, Deck 5)
- Cybercafe & Library (14 Internet computers room and library, 24-hour, size 52 m2, Deck 5)
- Platinum Theatre (capacity 1645 seats, grand-style live entertainment, classical concerts, circus/acrobatic performances, comedy shows, operas; with 2 shows nightly- at 8 and 10:15 pm; size 2086 m2)
- Millennium Star Casino (capacity 258 seats, smoking allowed, slot machines, gambling tables, Blackjack, Roulette, full bar, size 1017 m2, Deck 6)
- Poker Room (separate Texas Hold’Em card games lounge, next to the Casino, Deck 6)
- Video Games Arcade (size 55 m2, Deck 6)
- Phoenician Plaza (117-seat Italian square designed area with live music, Ice Cream Bar (80 seats), Coffee, Chocolate and Pastry shop, a la carte charge, size 460 m2, Deck 6)
- The Mini Mall ( (duty-free alcohol, tobacco, electronic equipment, snacks, iPhones, gaming consoles, size 53 m2, Deck 6)
- La Boutique (5-seat brand fashion clothing for men, women, kids, size 76 m2, Deck 6)
- MSC Logo Shop (MSC branded polo-, sweat- and T-shirts, toys, games, souvenirs, size 42 m2, Deck 6)
- Il Gioiello (brand jewelry, watches, accessories, size 62 m2, Deck 6)
- Accessories (leather goods, size 70 m2, Deck 6)
- La Profumeria (top brands cosmetics and perfumes, size 85 m2, Deck 6)
- Diamond Bar and Library (93-seats cocktail bar, also has books in different languages, size 392 m2, Deck 6)
- Excursion Office (8-seat Shore Excursions Desk, planning and booking, size 100 m2, Deck 6)
- L’Angolo dell’Oggetto (shop for top brands sunglasses, jewelry, watches, size 43 m2, Deck 6)
- La Caramella (candy shop, toys, size 30 m2, Deck 6)
- El Dorado Bar (124-seat piano bar, size 393 m2, Deck 7)
- Art Gallery (4-seat, exhibitions and art auctions, size 110 m2, Deck 7)
- Fashion Bijoux (top brands jewelry shop, size 48 m2, Deck 7)
- MSC Logo Shop (MSC branded polo-, sweat- and T-shirts, toys, games, souvenirs, size 42 m2, Deck 7)
- Photo Shop (services and equipment, size 145 m2, Deck 7)
- The Green Sax Bar (116-seat Jazz bar, rare liquor selection, special variety of “molecular cocktails”, live music and quizzes, size 235 m2, Deck 7)
- Il Cappuccino Bar (70-seat specialty coffees bar/at a charge, serving complimentary cookies and pastries, size 258 m2, Deck 7)
- Safari Lounge (313-seat show lounge/aft location; used for shows, bingo, trivia quizzes; has a dance floor and full bar/Alchemist Cocktail menu specialties, size 800 m2, Deck 7).
- MSC Preziosa Aurea Spa (18300 ft2 / 1700 m2 spa complex on Deck 14, with Thermal Suite/2 steam rooms, 4 saunas, relaxation room, thalassotherapy baths, sliding roof heated pool, 3 Whirlpools, served by a juice bar), also has Harmony Suite (couples spa treatments room), Frigidarium (ice corner), Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
- Fitness Centre (complimentary, guests must be over 14 to use it; open 6am-10pm, Deck 14)
- Adidas Corner (shop inside the Gym, selling T-shirts, shorts, sport suits, other Adidas logo apparel)
- The Pool Shop (swimwear and other accessories, Deck 14)
- La Playa Preciosa Pool (with sliding glass roof, 3 Whirlpools, Caribbean cocktails, cold-hot drinks, fruit juices, size 820 m2, Deck 14), served by the La Playa Preciosa Bar (poolside)
- Aqua Park (with 1 main pool, 2 Whirlpools, splash areas with water jets and fountains, size 2091 m2, Deck 14)
- Turquoise Bar (104-seat AquaPark poolside bar for ice cream and beverages, Deck 14)
- Saphir Bar (poolside bar for the AquaPark, Deck 14)
- Top Sail Lounge (141-seat MSC Yacht Club lounge with panoramic views, piano live music, continental breakfast and aperitifs served between 11:30-2pm, buffet lunch 12-4:30pm, afternoon tea 4:30pm, Deck 15)
- MSC Yacht Club / Concierge Area, Deck 15
- Power Walking/Jogging Track (6,5 laps = 1 ml, Deck 15)
- Graffiti’s Disco & Club (teen-only venue, karaoke bar, table games, Xbox and Nintendo gaming, parties, Deck 15)
- Doremiland (kids play area on Deck 15, TV screens, movies, games, craft activities, climbing area, mini football nets, with a 2 section Kids Club – Mini Club kids 3-6 yo, and Junior Club kids 7-12 yo). The kids lounge also hosts feature activities by the new MSC-LEGO partnership called “Lego Experience at Sea”. The new fleetwide program is complimentary, and uses LEGO materials for: LEGO DUPLO (kids 3- yo), Classic LEGO bricks plus Vertical Play Wall (kids 7-11 yo), Building Happening (6-11 yo /themed builds).
- Vertigo, Deck 15 (the 120 m/ 394ft long Preziosa’s water slide/exit- entrance is on Deck 18)
- The Garden Pool (66-seat adult-only “infinity pool” with 2 Whirlpools; open 7am-7pm, size 320 m2, Deck 15)
- The Garden Bar (110-seat alfresco poolside bar for the Garden Pool, size 57 m2, Deck 15)
- Brezza Marina (solarium complex with loungers and 2 Whirlpools)
- Doremi Castle Aqua Park Adventures (water play area with a kids pool, fountains, sprays, water cannons, size 290 m2, Deck 16)
- Teen’s Area (for younger passengers between 13 and 17 years, live music, dance classes, sports and video games, Deck 16)
- Virtual World (teens-only, with 10 video games arcades, size 80 m2, Deck 16)
- F1 Simulator (Formula 1 car racing simulator/surcharge per ride applies, size 40 m2, Deck 16)
- 4D Cinema (10 moving seats, size 45 m2, Deck 16)
- MSC Arena Sports Center (combined sports court - basketball, volleyball, soccer with stadium seating and outdoor large movie screen, Deck 16)
- Shuffleboard, Table Tennis, Squash on Deck 16.
- Preziosa’s The One Pool (244-seat MSC Yacht Club members only pool/shaded, with 2 Whirlpools, Deck 18), served by The One Bar (12-seat MSC Yacht Club passengers butler service restaurant for breakfast and lunch), size 1177 m2.
- Top 18 Exclusive Solarium (18-seat adult-only premium deck area / Deck 18, 1 Whirlpool, Garden/relax area, own Tiki Bar; 1-day or whole cruise passes can be purchased at the Deck 5 reception or at the Top 18’s entrance).
MSC Preziosa itinerary program is based on 7-day Western Mediterranean cruises from Rome, Naples,Barcelona and Marseille. Preziosa also sails on South America voyages leaving from Santos and operates cheap Transatlantic repositioning crossings between South America and Europe.
MSC Preziosa - user reviews and comments
Photos of MSC PreziosaAdd Photo
MSC Preziosa ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
MSC Cruises announced it would restart its operations in Germany on July 3 with its first-ever deployment of a Seaside class ship to operate in the...May 22, 2021
- Cruise Industry
The world's largest family-owned cruise company MSC announced new and updated itineraries in Europe and the Mediterranean for this coming summer...April 16, 2021
- Cruise Industry
The family-owned company MSC Cruises announced details of its Summer 2022 program with sales now open for voyages in the Caribbean and Mediterranean...December 18, 2020
- Cruise Industry
MSC Cruises reconfirmed its winter cruise programme for 2021-2022 with an array of itineraries in the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, and the Gulf...December 14, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Over 0,5 million tourists visited over the weekend Germany for the 7th Hamburg Cruise Days. With a record number of 12 participating cruise...September 17, 2019
- Cruise Industry
In the early Friday morning, June 21, CMV-Cruise Maritime Voyages’ liner Astor arrived at Lerwick Harbour (Mainland Shetland, Scotland) from...June 23, 2019
- Cruise Industry
MSC Preziosa, with passenger capacity of more than 4,000 people, is due to become the highlight of a busy cruise season in Trinidad during the coming...December 13, 2018
A cruise passenger has reportedly gone overboard from MSC Preziosa in the Caribbean on Saturday, December 8, according to France-Antilles newspaper...December 11, 2018
- show more news
Other MSC Cruises cruise ships
MSC Preziosa Wiki
Preziosa is one of MSC's modified Fantasia-class vessels (inaugural cruise on March 25, 2013) with sisterships Divina, Fantasia, Splendida. This liner (under the name "Phoenicia") was originally ordered to STX France by the Libyan company "General National Maritime Transport Corporation". The newbuild on order featured a huge shark aquarium into its design. Due to the Libyan Revolution (February-October 2011), the shipbuilder STX canceled the contract and began looking for a new buyer. On March 13, 2012, MSC reached an agreement with STX to buy the ship for USD 550 million.
In comparison to the other Fantasia-class ships, Preziosa has 100 more staterooms, new restaurant (Eataly), enlarged MSC Yacht Club (VIP suite complex), infinity edge pool (in the adults only "Top 18 Exclusive Solarium" / serenity area), the "Vertigo" waterslide (length 394 ft / 120 m), "Doremi Castle" (outdoor playground / adventure park for kids).
Ship's Captain is Corrado Iaconis.
On December 18, 2018, MSC announced a partnership with celebrity chef Harald Wohlfahrt (3-starred Michelin chef). The German chef created a new menu of Mediterranean and international specialties for the exclusive MSC Yacht Club Restaurant on Meraviglia, Splendida, and Preziosa. The enhanced menu is offered only on cruises in Northern Europe. He also created two new main courses for the "Elegant Night" - a formal dining event held in the Main Dining Room on each voyage. Chef Wohlfahrt also completed an interactive training to all MSC's cruise ship chefs.
MSC Preziosa User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review