MSC Lirica current position
Specifications of MSC Lirica
|Year built||2003 / Age: 17|
|Builder||Chantiers de l’Atlantique (Saint-Nazaire, STX France)|
|Building cost||USD 270 million|
|Owner||Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC)|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||275 m / 902 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||65591 gt|
|Passengers||1976 - 2371|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Christened by||Sophia Loren|
MSC Lirica Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2021 Mar 28||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$309|
|2021 Mar 28||6 days, one-way from Venice to Trieste||Venice||$409|
|2021 Apr 03||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Trieste||$359|
|2021 Apr 04||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$359|
|2021 Apr 10||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Trieste||$309|
|2021 Apr 11||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$309|
|2021 Apr 17||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Trieste||$309|
|2021 Apr 18||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$309|
|2021 Apr 24||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Trieste||$349|
|2021 Apr 25||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$309|
|2021 May 01||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Trieste||$309|
|2021 May 02||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$309|
|2021 May 08||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Trieste||$389|
|2021 May 09||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$389|
|2021 May 15||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Trieste||$439|
|2021 May 16||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$439|
|2021 May 22||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Trieste||$439|
|2021 May 23||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$439|
|2021 May 29||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Trieste||$569|
|2021 May 30||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$569|
|2021 Jun 05||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Trieste||$609|
|2021 Jun 06||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$609|
|2021 Jun 12||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Trieste||$609|
|2021 Jun 13||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$609|
|2021 Jun 19||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Trieste||$669|
|2021 Jun 20||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$669|
|2021 Jun 26||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Trieste||$719|
|2021 Jun 27||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$719|
|2021 Jul 03||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Trieste||$719|
|2021 Jul 04||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$719|
|2021 Jul 10||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Trieste||$799|
|2021 Jul 11||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$799|
|2021 Jul 17||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Trieste||$799|
|2021 Jul 18||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$799|
|2021 Jul 24||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Trieste||$799|
|2021 Jul 25||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$799|
|2021 Jul 31||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Trieste||$829|
|2021 Aug 01||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$829|
|2021 Aug 07||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Trieste||$879|
|2021 Aug 08||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$879|
|2021 Aug 14||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Trieste||$799|
|2021 Aug 15||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$799|
|2021 Aug 21||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Trieste||$719|
|2021 Aug 22||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$719|
|2021 Aug 28||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Trieste||$669|
|2021 Aug 29||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$669|
|2021 Sep 04||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Trieste||$629|
|2021 Sep 05||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$629|
|2021 Sep 11||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Trieste||$629|
|2021 Sep 12||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$629|
|2021 Sep 18||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Trieste||$629|
|2021 Sep 19||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$629|
|2021 Oct 03||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$449|
|2021 Oct 10||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$449|
|2021 Oct 17||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$449|
|2021 Oct 24||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$449|
|2021 Oct 31||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Venice||$389|
MSC Lirica Review
Review of MSC Lirica
History - construction and ownership
MSC Cruises (MSC Crociere) is a passenger shipping company headquartered in Genoa and Naples. It was established in 1960. Today, MSC Crociere is a subsidiary of MSC (Mediterranean Shipping Company) - world's 2nd largest containership company. MSC Crociere is the world's largest privately-owned cruise company. By annual passenger shipping volumes, MSC is ranked world's 4th largest cruise company (after Carnival Corporation, RCCL-Royal Caribbean and NCL-Norwegian) with over 5% global market share.
All 4 vessels of this class (Armonia, Lirica, Opera, Sinfonia) were enlarged/elongated by 24 m (80 ft), adding around 193 new cruise staterooms (including Balcony), 59 more crew cabins, plus new public spaces, new kids facilities (with LEGO and Chicco themed activities), outdoor water park ("Spray Park" with interactive slides, jets and water toys).
The 59,058-ton, 1,560-passenger cruise ship MSC Lirica was lengthened and refurbed as part of the company’s Renaissance Programme, which costs EUR 200 million. The ship increased her capacity to 2,600 passengers. MSC Lirica has some new features specifically created for the Chinese market, such as signage in Mandarin, upmarket shops, different colour scheme, Chinese food and entertainment. During the summer season MSC Lirica entertains mainly Europeans with multiple languages used onboard, so prepare to learn some Italian, German, French and Spanish if you want to communicate with fellow passengers.
Cruise itinerary program
MSC Lirica itinerary program was based on South American cruises leaving from Rio de Janeiro and Santos, and on 7-day Eastern Mediterranean voyages leaving from Venice to Greek Islands. Lirica also operated cheap Transatlantic repositioning crossings between South America and Europe.
- The refurbished in 2015 ship was homeported in Shanghai China - starting May 1, 2016, for 2 years. In China, MSC Cruises operates a joint partnership with CAISSA Touristic (China), which runs domestic cruises for many years.
- In April 2018, Lirica was repositioned from China back to Europe. On the Asian market, the ship was replaced by the bigger MSC Splendida 3300 passenger).
- Lirica's new (European) cruise itinerary program is based on homeports Venice and Bari. The roundtrip Adriatic Sea cruises (Eastern Mediterranean) visit ports in Greece, Croatia (mainly Dubrovnik) and Albania (Sarande). Shorter itineraries (3-day roundtrips from Venice) visit Zadar (Croatia) and Koper (Slovenia).
- For winter season 2018-2019, The Lirica ship will be homeported in Dubai and Abu Dhabi UAE (starting November 2018) for 11- and 14-night roundtrip itineraries. The ship offers 2 overnights in Dubai, and also cruises to India. Indian voyages are roundtrips from Dubai to call ports Abu Dhabi UAE, Muscat Oman and India (Mumbai, Goa, Mangalore). An 11-night itinerary from Dubai visits the private island Sir Bani Yas. MSC Lirica cruise deals can also be booked as fly-cruise packages.
In summer 2021 (May through September), MSC Lirica will be homeported in Piraeus-Athens (Greece) to operate roundtrip Eastern Mediterranean cruises. The program has planned a total of 23 departures on a 7-night itinerary visiting Mykonos Island, Haifa (Tel Aviv, Israel), Limassol (Cyprus), Rhodes Island, Kusadasi (Ephesus, Turkey). MSC offers fly-cruise deals to Greece (Athens Airport) with cruise fares inclusive of flights from Northern European cities.
MSC Lirica has a total of 795 cabins (of which 132 Suites, no Balcony, 276 Inside rooms) in 6 grades. Most MSC Lirica staterooms are 140-sq. foot Oceanview rooms. The largest aboard MSC Lirica is the Balcony Suite (250 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
There are no dining surcharges onboard the MSC Lirica because there are no speciality restaurants on this ship. Lirica offers an abundance of Italian food, but the quality can vary. The La Bussola Restaurant on Deck 5 is the larger of the two main dining rooms. It features tables for two to six diners. The casual buffet is located on Deck 11 and provides an alternative to the main dining rooms.
Follows the complete list of MSC Lirica restaurants and food bars.
- La Bussola Restaurant (660-seat aft Dining Room, open for Breakfast 7:00-9:30 a.m., Lunch 12:00-2:00 p.m., and Dinner with 2 fixed seatings at 7:00 and 9:30 p.m., features a 3-course menu for lunch, 7-course for dinner)
- L’Ippocampo Restaurant (400-seat aft Dining Room, dinner only, with 2 fixed seatings)
- La Pergola Restaurant (262-seats alfresco eatery with three sections - Full Bar, Pizzeria and Outdoor Grill)
- Le Bistrot Restaurant (281-seat complimentary self-service buffet restaurant; also serving Afternoon Tea)
- Sushi restaurant Kaito.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
MSC Lirica public rooms are spacious and uniformly elegant, with grand touches of marble, brass accents, and lots of wood. The refreshing lack of glitz is more than compensated for by the sparkle of glass and a mixture of primary and neutral colours. MSC Cruises Lirica entertainment facilities include a casino, cinema, library, and all the rest professional venues that take place onboard all MSC vessels. Don’t forget to think about health – stay slim in the modern fitness centre, try the two pools and two jacuzzis, or relax in the sauna. The “Lord Nelson” English pub is not to be missed, too. For kids, a special playroom is provided.
Additional amenities include complimentary 24-Hour Room-Service, Supervised Children Program, Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry.
Follows the complete list of MSC Lirica lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- The Broadway Theatre (557-seat, 2-level; features grand-style show productions and classical concerts, with 2 shows per night - at 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.)
- Lord Nelson Pub (174-seats English pub bar)
- Cyber Cafe (Internet computers room)
- Rodeo Drive Shopping Arcade; Gallery (shop selling brand watches and jewellery); Jewelry Shop; Vogue Boutique; MSC Shop; Duty-Free Shop
- Photo Gallery and Shop
- Beverly Hills Bar (239-seat cocktail bar; hosts bingo games, art auctions)
- L’Atmosphere (101-seat piano bar)
- Las Vegas Casino (111-seat, smoking allowed area, own full bar)
- Card Room and Library (24-seat double function room)
- Le Cabaret Lounge and Bar (139-seat dancing lounge with dance floor, hosts trivia quizzes, language lessons - Italian)
- The Coffee Corner (100-seat speciality coffee bar, with complimentary cookies and pastries)
- Lirica Lounge and Bar (440-seat show lounge for live music performances; hosts dance classes and night cabaret shows)
- MSC Lirica Aurea Spa and Fitness Complex (with Treatment Rooms, Thalassotherapy Room, Saunas, Steam Room, Relaxation Room, Beauty Salon, Gym with aerobics studio for classes)
- I Pirati Playroom (kids play area)
- Lirica’s Le Piscine Pool Area (with two twin saltwater pools and two Whirlpools)
- Water Park with slide (2015 refurbishment)
- La Canzone del Mare (with 3 sections - Main, La Gelateria Bar and Vitamin Bar)
- Chinese tea bar
- Teen Club (teenagers lounge for night disco, dance classes, sports-video games contests)
- Virtual Reality Video Games Arcade (tennis and foosball tables)
- The Blue Club Disco and Nightclub (215-seat, with own full bar)
- Sundeck with Solarium (adult-only relaxation area), Golf Simulator, 8-hole Mini Golf Course
- Power Walking/Jogging Track.
MSC Lirica - user reviews and comments
Photos of MSC LiricaAdd Photo
MSC Lirica ship related cruise news
India banned all foreign cruise ships from its ports due to the Coronavirus, with one European ship turned away from the port of Mangalore in the...March 9, 2020
- Cruise Industry
MSC Cruises signed a long-term agreement with Abu Dhabi Ports concerning preferential berthing rights at both Port Zayed and Sir Bani Yas Island...February 13, 2020
- Cruise Industry
The next World Expo is to be held in Dubai next winter and passengers on board MSC Cruises’ ships deployed in the Gulf, MSC Seaview and MSC...December 22, 2019
- Cruise Industry
MSC Cruises will offer the line's first-ever homeporting season from Piraeus-Athens Greece in summer 2021 as well as make a welcome return to...December 21, 2019
- Cruise Industry
MSC Cruises announced that it had signed a long-term agreement with DP World concerning preferential berthing rights at Dubai's Mina Rashid Port. Due...December 12, 2019
- Cruise Industry
From May 2020, MSC Cruises' ship, Lirica, is offering passengers two new itineraries. Italy, Croatia, Greece, Montenegro: May 8-June 12, September...September 23, 2019
- Cruise Industry
MSC Cruises announced new, extended 2-week itineraries in the Persian Gulf (on MSC Bellissima) for winter 2019-2020 season, with Doha as ship's new...May 24, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Two cruise ships, Pullmantur Horizon and MSC Lirica, carrying more than 3,500 passengers reached Sultan Qaboos Port (the largest port in Muscat...December 26, 2018
- Cruise Industry
The largest privately-owned cruise line in the world, MSC Cruises, is enhancing its range of voyages from the UAE (United Arab Emirates) via the...January 19, 2018
- Cruise Industry
MSC Cruises announced that MSC Lirica will serve a new, exciting Eastern Mediterranean itinerary for summer 2018. The cruise ship, which will...October 19, 2017
- show more news
Other MSC Cruises cruise ships
MSC Lirica Wiki
In 2015, the MSC ship Lirica was stretched (elongated by 25 m / 82 ft) in) during a drydock refit done at Fincantieri's shipyard in Palermo Sicily. During the dry-dock (between August 31 and November 9), the vessel was cut in two and a pre-built section was inserted midship. Ship's reconstruction project was part of MSC Cruises' USD 273 million "Renaissance Program", by which besides Lirica were also enlarged the sisterships Armonia, Opera, and Sinfonia.
MSC Lirica refurbishment 2015 review
Majorly refurbished in 2015 (dry-dock refit between August 31 and November 9), MSC Lirica was also stretched (elongated by 25 m / 82 ft). The list of deckplan changes after the refurbishment includes:
- All passenger rooms were renovated and upgraded.
- A total of 193 new cruise cabins and suites were added (on decks 9-Albinoni, 10-Bellini, 12-Rossini) plus 59 new crew cabins. The ship’s capacity was increased from 795 cabins (1560 passengers / 2070 max) to 988 cabins (1976 passengers / 2371 max).
- New stateroom categories were introduced.
- An Aqua Park (named Spray Park, with waterfalls and interactive slides) was installed.
- Boutique shops were upgraded (new designs, new upmarket shopping brands). A new luxury perfumes shop was added.
- The supervised kids' clubs and play areas were upgraded with equipment and toys by Chicco and LEGO.
- The onboard children program now includes 5 kids clubs (age groups).
- The pool deck has now several newly installed canopies (shaded seating areas) plus a new water park for kids.
- The onboard boutiques sell top-luxury European brands in the likes of Gucci (handbags), Bulgari (jewelry), Longines (Swiss watches), Tag Heuer (watches).
- Most of the ship’s personnel are now Mandarin-speaking. The appointed Cruise Ambassadors (expert guest assistants) speak both Mandarin and English.
- The MSC China cruise bookings and program management (activities, entertainment, amenities, gaming) are by the line’s local partner CAISSA Touristic.
The 10-week drydock was valued at nearly EUR 50 million.
As part of the new MSC Cruises China itinerary program, on Lirica were created new features targeting the Chinese market. Among those are Mandarin (signage), new color scheme, new dining options (Asian cuisine menu items) and entertainment program changes. The casino area was enlarged and new Chinese favorite and classic games were added. Also added were a private gambling room for playing baccarat (card game) and sic bo (aka tai sai / 3-dice game of chance).
In September 2015, MSC announced the company's new partnership with one of China’s largest tourism companies - CAISSA Touristic Group. Under this partnership, in 2016 the Lirica ship was homeported in Shanghai China, starting operations in May 2016. This was MSC's first-ever year-round ship deployment on the Chinese market. In April 2018, Lirica returned back to Europe, being replaced on the Chinese market by the larger Splendida.
MSC Lirica User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review