Specifications of MSC Seascape
|Year built||2022 new ship|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Monfalcone, Italy)|
|Class||MSC Seaside EVO|
|Building cost||EUR 900 million (USD 1 billion)|
|Owner||Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC)|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||339 m / 1112 ft|
|Beam (width)||41 m / 135 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||169500 gt|
|Passengers||4560 - 5877|
|Decks with cabins||11|
MSC Seascape Review
Review of MSC Seascape
The 2022-built MSC Seascape cruise ship is currently under construction in Italy and scheduled for delivery and inauguration in November 2022. This is MSC's 20th liner and also the second Seaside EVO-Class vessel - with sistership MSC Seashore (2021).
History - construction and ownership
MSC Cruises (MSC Crociere) is a passenger shipping company headquartered in Genoa and Naples. It was established in 1960. Today, MSC Crociere is a subsidiary of MSC (Mediterranean Shipping Company) - the world's 2nd largest containership company. MSC is the world's largest privately/family-owned cruise company. By annual passenger shipping volumes, MSC is ranked the world's 4th largest cruise company - after Carnival Corporation, RCG-Royal Caribbean Group and NCLH-Norwegian.
In November 2017 MSC ordered 2x "Seaside EVO" class ships from Fincantieri (contract value EUR 1,8 billion). The new vessels are bigger (16 m longer, 17330 GT-tons larger, with 200 more cabins / 467 more passengers) in comparison to Seaview and Seaside. Newbuilds' deliveries were scheduled for 2021 (Seashore) and 2023 (Seascape). With Seaside EVO, MSC had a total investment of EUR 10,5 billion into 12 new vessels with scheduled deliveries by 2026.
The 4500-passenger "Seaside EVO" ship design is an enlarged version of MSC's Seaside-Class. Both classes were developed for year-round operations in warm climates. This explains signature features like large-sized outdoor areas, top-deck ropes course, 5-slide water park, 3x glass-floored catwalks, glass-walled (oceanview) elevators, wraparound Promenade Deck (lined with shops-bars-restaurants with both indoor-outdoor seating). Seaside-EVO ships have larger MSC Yacht Club (Suite-only complex), larger public areas, more outdoor whirlpools, more specialty restaurants with alfresco dining areas (on Promenade Deck 8), more staterooms.
Among vessels' technological features are advanced water- and garbage treatment plants, latest-generation scrubbers (pollution control technology removing particulates some gases from ship's exhaust streams), optimized hull, anti-fouling paints (specialized underwater hull coating), advanced heat recovery system, LED lighting (throughout). The vessel is fully compliant with IMO's "Safe Return to Port" requirement (how long the cruise ship should remain safe for evacuation).
Seascape is also one of the "smart ships" series and part of MSC's EUR 13,6 billion (10-year / 2017-2027) fleet expansion program that includes 17 newbuilds - up to a combined fleet of 29 liners.
MSC Seascape is fitted with new technologies specifically designed to improve passengers' onboard digital experience. MSC partnered with Samsung to support NFC (near-field communication) technology enabling passengers to use digital devices (smartphones, cruise card, bracelets) to geolocate themselves (and their relatives, kids, travel companions), to access their staterooms or make onboard payments. Interactive screens throughout the ship allow real-time booking (cruise and tours) and making reservations (dining, spa, beauty treatments). Beacon technology sends location-based, customized notifications to passengers' phones as they move around the ship. Beacons are triggered whenever a connected device moves into their vicinity.
Decks and Cabins
MSC Seascape staterooms (2270 total) are in 34 categories. The largest category is the YC Royal Suite (615 ft2). Seashore's cabins and suites include 14x aft-facing corner suites, 28x suites with outdoor jacuzzi (on the balcony), 6x bow-facing Grand Suites (2-bedroom, with swimming pools on the balcony), terraced suites (overlooking Promenade Deck), cluster cabins (for large families), 75x wheelchair-accessible cabins for disabled passengers (including 43x Inside, 8x Oceanview, 26x Balcony, 4x Suite).
Family staterooms' max occupancy varies between 6 (SUPERFAMILY) and 10 (SUPERFAMILY PLUS) passengers.
The boat has 19 decks, of which 12 are passenger-accessible and 11 with cabins.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
New dining options on MSC Seascape include the Fusion Restaurant (specialty) and VIP Fine Dining Restaurant. Ship's eateries offer cuisine specialties from all around the world, including Pan-Asian (premium steakhouse and seafood restaurant via a partnership with chef Roy Yamaguchi, with Chef's Table experience).
The ship offers 10x large-capacity eateries - 5x select restaurants (3x MDRs /main dining rooms, Aurea Restaurant, Yacht Club Restaurant), 5x themed food venues (Seafood Restaurant, Steak House, Teppanyaki, Sushi Bar, Bistrot) plus 20x specialty bars and lounges.
Follows the complete list of MSC Seascape restaurants and food bars.
- 3 main restaurants (complimentary dining rooms/MDRs) offer traditional Italian cuisine and wines. Dining rooms are open for Breakfast (7-9:30 am), Lunch (12-noon - 2 pm) and Dinner with 2 fixed seatings (7 pm and 9:30 pm) with a 7-course dinner menu (always includes vegan and vegetarian dishes).
- Aurea Restaurant (Suite-only)
- Yacht Club Restaurant (YC-category staterooms only)
- Marketplace Buffet & Restaurant (complimentary) is completely redesigned (in comparison to other fleetmates), divided into three large sections (Il Mercato, La Piazza, La Trattoria) and has a new alfresco dining area (Sky Bar), with total indoor seats 1100.
- Kaito Teppanyaki & Sushi Bar (specialty Japanese restaurant/at surcharge) features conveyor belt food delivery.
- Butcher's Cut is new for MSC specialty Steakhouse restaurant with alfresco seating (on the Waterfront Promenade).
- Ocean Cay by Ramon Freixa (specialty seafood restaurant/at surcharge)
- HOLA! Tacos & Cantina (specialty restaurant offering traditional Latin American and Mexican food)
- Fusion Restaurant (specialty/at surcharge)
- Bistrot (specialty/at surcharge)
- Chef's Court (deck 8) is new for MSC restaurant with both indoor/outdoor seating (on the Waterfront Promenade).
- VIP Restaurant (exclusive)
- Tribeca Restaurant
- 5th Avenue Restaurant
- Manhattan Restaurant
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
MSC Seascape's cruising concept focuses on outdoor spaces (public and cabin balconies), several outdoor/alfresco dining venues, 20 bars and lounges, 12 restaurants, outdoor wellness complex (spa and fitness with advanced Kinesis Technogym equipment), MSC Yacht Club (exclusive top-grade cabin complex with its own restaurant, bar lounge, solarium, sundeck, swimming pool).
The high-tech theater lounge is the venue for the evening Broadway-style production shows with compelling entertainment based on professional performers and top-notch media equipment. Passengers can also enjoy ship's 5D Cinema, VR Maze, Rafting simulator, Formula 1 simulator (virtual-reality racing cars).
The family offerings onboard are expanded (compared to the Seaside-class ships) with a bigger kids playground area and larger interactive waterpark (Pirate Cove-themed). The Seascape ship has one of the biggest water attractions at sea. To kids 1 to 3 years of age are offered supervised activities and games via MSC's partnership with Chicco. Children 3 to 11 years old can participate in numerous fun activities via MSC's partnership with LEGO. A dedicated LEGO Room is equipped with LEGO's trademarked brick toys available for MSC's Mini Club and Juniors Club (children-only lounges). Every voyage includes a special LEGO-themed event (named LEGO Experience On Board) a full day at sea dedicated to the LEGO-based family gaming.
MSC Seascape has two large teenager clubs - one for 12-14-year-olds and one for 15-17-year-olds. Depending on the time of day, a dedicated teens-only area serves as a PC/Playstation gaming room, disco, cinema.
Signature activity areas on MSC Seascape include Adventure Trail (outdoor playground with rope courses, net bridges, crawl-through slides) and Zip-Line (length 130 m / 427 ft). The aqua park has 5 waterslides, an interactive Slideboarding tube (combining video games, music, lights, 112-m long waterslide), Aquatube (innertube waterslide), two high-speed racing slides, and one flume-type (family) waterslide. The ship's aquapark also has 2 separate kids' playgrounds (AquaPlay and AquaSpray).
Among the cruise liner's complimentary amenities are also the 24-hour room service and supervised youth program, shipwide WiFI Internet access, laundry service. Follows the complete list of MSC Seascape lounges, clubs, and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Art Gallery, Photo Gallery & Shop
- Seascape Atrium (served by Atrium Bar)
- Two Theaters (main show lounges) including the 2-level Madison Theater
- Boulevard du Cabaret
- Le Cabaret Rouge (2-deck bar lounge)
- Shopping Arcade with duty-free shops (selling jewelry, brand fashion clothing and accessories, perfumes and cosmetics, brand watches and glasses, MSC-logoed merchandise), Boutique Monobrand, MSC Galleria Shopping Area
- Top Sail Lounge (2-deck bar lounge with live music, gourmet canapes, complimentary beverages)
- Uptown Lounge
- MSC Aurea Bar
- Chocolate Factory
- Venchi 1878 Gelato (ice cream and creperie bar by Venchi / Italian gourmet chocolate manufacturer)
- Venchi 1878 Chocolate Bar (patisserie by Venchi)
- Casino (gambling lounge served by Casino Bar)
- Cocktail Bar, Sky Bar, Shine Bar, Horizon Bar, The Wine Cellar, Champagne & Wine Bar
- Times Square
- 5D Cinema
- Rafting simulator
- F1 car simulator
- 2x bowling lanes (full-size bowling alleys)
- 4x twisting waterslides
- Zip-Line (length 130 m / 427 ft)
- Disco Nightclub and Bar
- Creperie and Ice Cream areas
- Spa Wellness complex (with swimming pool and Jacuzzi), Solarium (sundeck), Yoga Studios, Nail Salon & Boutique, Massages and Treatments Rooms, Medi SPA, Beauty Salon, Barber Shop, Jean Louis David Hair Salon (hairdresser, hair treatments), Spa Reception, Spa Doctor
- Top 19 Solarium (exclusive Yacht Club sundeck)
- MSC Gym by Technogym (Fitness Centre with External Gym Area)
- MSC Business Center
- Pool Room, Broadcasting Room (the ship's TV production studio)
- Sports Bar
- Liberty Plaza
- Brooklyn Cafe
- Comedy Club Bar
- MSC Yacht Club (Suite complex of top-tier cabin grades)
- VIP Bar Lounge, Family Lounge, Jungle Pool Lounge
- 6x swimming pools, Spa Pool, Lido Pool, Raised Pool, Indoor Pool Bar
- Long Island Pool (served by Long Island Bar) is the ship's main swimming pool with 2 different water depths (swimming and standing). The area features a 360-degree water fountain island (located in the center), a lounge space (within the pool), 6x Jacuzzis (2x Infinity). Long Island Pool and Pirates Cove Aquapark are interconnected.
- Pirates Cove Aqua Park with waterslides, Kids Playground
- Jungle Pool covered by Magrodome (retractable/slide-opening glass roof that can be closed to create an indoor relaxation/entertainment area)
- Jungle Pool Lounge & Beach Bar
- 1x aft Infinity Pool (with half-submerged concrete loungers/extends directly to the stern), 2x Infinity Jacuzzis (portside and starboard/10-seat each), Infinity Bar, Infinity Bridge
- "Bridge of Sighs" is a panoramic catwalk (glass-floored walking platform with glass railings) located 22 m / 72 ft above the Infinity Pool (aft on Deck 8).
- Children's Area houses Young Club (teenagers 12-14-yo), Teen Club (15-17-yo), Junior Club LEGO, Mini Club LEGO, Baby Club CHICCO, Doremi Land, Doremi Studio, VR Maze (virtual reality room), Hall of Games (virtual gaming lounge with arcade machines), Reception (for the kids' facilities).
- Adventure Trail is a 2-deck outdoor playground with Rope Courses, Net Bridges, Zip-Line, crawl-through slides
- MSC Sports Arena (multi-sports court for playing volleyball, basketball, football, tennis) with stadium seating and a large outdoor movie screen.
Seascape's "MSC Yacht Club" is currently the fleet's largest (total area 32000 ft2 / 2973 m2). The all-inclusive Suite complex (ship-within-a-ship concept) accommodates the highest paying passengers (YC cabin categories only). It spreads over 4 decks and features a 3-deck high Onyx Wall (back-lit), Swarovski crystal-covered staircases, Top Sail Lounge (bar lounge with live music, gourmet canapes, complimentary beverages), exclusive restaurant (breakfast-lunch-dinner, premium wine list, daily-changed a la carte menu), poolside bar and grill. The private sundeck and pool area were expanded to 21000+ ft2 (1950 m2), with a bigger swimming pool and a panoramic Jacuzzi (8-seats, with individual controlled jets). The complex houses 131x Suites plus 2x Owners Suites (new category cabins sized 1054 ft2 / 98 m2) with larger terraces (outdoor hot tub, glass wall, dining, and sundeck areas).
Seashore ship's outdoor deck space is also the fleet's largest (~13000 m2 / 140000 ft2) and includes the 540-m (1772-ft) long Waterfront Promenade lined up with outdoor bars and dining venues.
MSC Seashore itinerary program (at least the inaugural cruise season) is based on 7-day Western Mediterranean cruises leaving roundtrip from homeports in Spain, Italy and France - Barcelona, Naples, Genoa, Marseille. Call ports include Messina (Sicily), Portofino (Italian Riviera) and Valletta (Malta).
Based on its design, during winter the liner could be deployed in the Caribbean (homeport TBA) and will eventually offer repositioning cruises (Transatlantic crossings between USA and Europe-Mediterranean) in Spring and Fall.
MSC Seascape - user reviews and comments
Photos of MSC SeascapeAdd Photo
MSC Seascape ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The world's largest family-owned (and the world's 3rd largest by fleet) cruise company MSC took delivery of its newest ship (current flagship) MSC...July 26, 2021
- Cruise Industry
A traditional coin ceremony for the second Seaside EVO class ship of MSC Cruises was held on Thursday, June 24, at Fincantieri’s Monfalcone...June 24, 2021
- show more news
Other MSC Cruises cruise ships
MSC Seascape Wiki
During MSC Seaside delivery ceremony (November 29, 2017), MSC announced an order for two "Seaside EVO" ships from Fincantieri (contract value EUR 1,8 billion). The new ships are 17,330 GT-tons larger, 16 m (52 ft) longer and with 467 more passengers (capacity) in comparison to the sisterships Seaview and Seaside. Deliveries were scheduled for 2021 May (Seashore) and 2022 November (Seascape).
In early-August 2018, MSC signed an agreement for EUR 1,5 billion (USD 1,74 billion) for both "Seaside EVO" shipbuilding projects. The financing was via a partnership with a syndicate of three lender banks (Unicredit, BNP Paribas, Cassa Depositi e Prestiti). Fully backing the credit line was the Italian export credit agency SACE SIMEST. With the addition of Seaside EVO ships, MSC had an unprecedented total investment of EUR 10,5 billion into 12 newbuilds with scheduled deliveries by 2027.
The vessel's keel-laying ceremony (aka coin ceremony) was held on June 24, 2021, at Fincantieri Monfalcone Shipyard (near Trieste, Italy). The ceremony's godmothers (madrinas) were two employees - Silvia Bozzetto (Category Manager & Retail with MSC) and Jolette Vincenzi (Production Supervisor with Fincantieri). The godmothers placed 2 special edition coins under the keel block (hull's first block) for good fortune. The special event was attended by Pierfrancesco Vago (MSC's Executive Chairman) and Giuseppe Bono (Fincantieri's CEO). The vessel was launched (floated out from drydock) on August 20, 2020. The ceremony was attended by Giuseppe Bono and Pierfrancesco Vago.
Fun fact is that the MSC EVO shipbuilding project (1 unit construction) involves 10+ million manhours of construction works and ~4000 shipyard employees. The ship design features large play areas for children, Adventure Trail ropes course, an interactive aqua park with 5x waterslides, 3x glass-floored catwalks, Promenade Deck (at sea level) lined up with shops-bars-restaurants (with both indoor-outdoor seating), glass-walled (sea-view) elevators.
The company Shores Global LLC provided all the vessels' outdoor wicker furniture (on passenger cabin balconies and poolside) or 3000+ pieces (deckchairs and sun loungers per ship). The company is a major cruise ship furniture supplier, offering consulting (fabrics and materials) and production process management.
Traditionally for all MSC cruise ships, Seashore's godmother will be Sophia Loren (Italian film actress), who names each new MSC liner since 2003.
MSC Seascape User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review