MSC Virtuosa Review and Specifications
Specifications of MSC Virtuosa
|Year built||2020 new ship|
|Builder||Chantiers de l’Atlantique (Saint-Nazaire, STX France)|
|Owner||Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC)|
|Speed||23 kn / 43 kph / 26 mph|
|Length (LOA)||331 m / 1086 ft|
|Beam (width)||43 m / 141 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||177100 gt|
|Passengers||4888 - 6334|
Review of MSC Virtuosa
Launched in 2020, MSC Virtuosa cruise ship is MSC's second Meraviglia Plus-class vessel - with sistership MSC Grandiosa (2019). Meraviglia-Plus vessels are an upgraded (enlarged design) version of the previous Meraviglia-Class boats MSC Meraviglia (2017) and MSC Bellissima (2019).
History - construction and ownership
MSC Cruises (MSC Crociere) is a passenger shipping company headquartered in Genoa and Naples. It was established in 1960. Today, MSC Crociere is a subsidiary of MSC (Mediterranean Shipping Company) - world's 2nd largest containership company. MSC Crociere is the world's largest privately-owned cruise company. By annual passenger shipping volumes, MSC is ranked world's 4th largest cruise company (after Carnival Corporation, RCCL-Royal Caribbean and NCL-Norwegian) with over 5% global market share.
Cruise itinerary program
MSC Virtuosa itinerary program Is to be announced soon.
MSC Virtuosa is able to accommodate a total of 6334 passengers. 75% of all staterooms feature private balconies. The largest aboard MSC Virtuosa are the Yacht Club Royal Suites (700 ft2). There are also wheelchair-accessible cabins.
MSC Virtuosa deck plans feature "cluster cabins" (up to 3 connecting staterooms for families) allowing up to three rooms to be interlinked for max capacity 10 guests.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
The ship offers 12 new and creative dining options onboard. Among those are the Mediterranean Village (speciality restaurant) and the exclusive Yacht Club Fine Dining Restaurant. The buffet is open 20 hours per day for international cuisine, Mediterranean specialities, itinerary-based themed food (with locally sourced produce), healthy and dietary dishes. Fine dining options include Kaito Sushi Bar, Kaito Teppanyaki Restaurant and American-style steakhouse featuring specialty meats from all around the world.
Follows the complete list of MSC Virtuosa restaurants and food bars.
- Main restaurant (dining room; offers different Italian traditional meals and wines; open for Breakfast 7:00-9:30 a.m., Lunch 12:00-2:00 p.m., and Dinner with 2 fixed seatings at 7:00 and 9:30p.m.; with 7-course dinner menu; also features vegan and vegetarian meals)
- Eataly Restaurant (Eataly Food Chain designed food store and specialty restaurant)
- La Piazzetta Restaurant (self service buffet and pizzeria; offers Afternoon tea and occasional midnight buffet; includes Onboard Pizzeria and steaks seafood specialty restaurant)
- Butcher's Cut (American steakhouse)
- chocolate "atelier" and creperie by renowned pastry chef Jean Philippe Maury
- buffet restaurant (open 20 hours a day)
- Kaito Sushi and Kaito Teppanyaki;
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The Meraviglia Plus class ships feature new original shows. A total of eight shows are available on MSC Meraviglia and Meraviglia-plus ships. Each of the 4 ships sails with 2 new contrasting shows, with the first 2 debuted onboard MSC Meraviglia in June 2017.
MSC Virtuosa has a large water park connected to an indoor amusement park on two levels, and to 2-deck entertainment space (interior promenade) housing specialty restaurants, bars, duty-free shops. The Promenade is covered by a LED dome ceiling (called “digital sky”) displaying visual shows.
Virtuosa also boasts cutting-edge wristband technology to make payments, book specialty restaurants and spa treatments, and allow parents to geo-locate their kids.
Follows the complete list of MSC Virtuosa lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Grandiosa Atrium (multi-deck high central ship area with live entertainment)
- Cyber Library (Internet computers room & library)
- Cybercafe (Internet computers room)
- 985-seat Broadway Theatre (features grand-style show productions and classical concerts, with 2 shows per night - at 8:00 p.m. and 10:15 p.m.)
- (new) L’Atelier Bistrot - bar lounge with stage and large dancefloor
- 12 weekly Cirque du Soleil shows in Carousel Lounge, accommodating 120 passengers for dinner, plus additional 290 seated guests for drinks. The shows include "Viaggio" and "Sonor", each spanning 40 minutes.
- Pre-Dinner & Cocktail Bar; Cocktail Bar; Italian Coffee Bar
- Chocolata; Ice-Creams
- Boutique & Accessories Shop; Jewelry Shop; Duty-Free Shop; Perfumery; Temporary Shop; Fashion Shop; Logo Shop; Fashion & Jewelry Shop; Photo gallery & Shop
- Aft Lounge & Bar
- The ceiling covering the indoor promenade area is a 480 m2 LED screen - a digital sky transmitting live views (sunsets, sunrises, starry sky), also special events and shows.
- Solarium (adults-only relaxation area with Solarium Pool and Bar)
- Main Pool area (swimming pools, whirlpools, loungers) - 4 swimming pools (including a 25-metre Atmosphere pool - by night illuminated with special lighting, 10-metre indoor Bamboo pool, Horizon pool at the back of ship - transformed into a dance space at night)
- sports and kids facilities, MSC Yacht Club Suites
- Yacht Club Lounge & Bar
- 1,100-sq.metre Balinese spa; Solarium (adults-only relaxation area upper level)
- Gymnasium; Arcade Games; TV Games; Bowling
- 4D Cinema; Flight Simulator
- Team Sport Arena; Sports Bar
- Yacht Club exclusive Restaurant
- Sliding Roof (over the Solarium pool area)
- Piano Lounge & Bar
- Doremi Lab; Team Sport Area
- Baby’s Club & Kids Club - LEGO Group & Chicco facilities; Junior Club; Young Club; Teen’s Area
- Cinema, Theatre Doremi, Night Club, Studio
- Sun Deck (outdoor area with a pool)
- MSC Yacht Club Open Area (the fleet's largest), Pool & Bar
- 2 Whirlpools; 2 Solariums; Aquapark featuring Champagne Bowl high-speed water slide & Himalayan Bridge, that spans the width of ship's deck
- 2-deck Super Amusement Park
- Power Walking/Jogging Track.
MSC Virtuosa wiki
- On February 1, 2016, MSC announced a shiporder for two Meraviglia Plus-class liners. The two newbuilds are with max capacity 6300 passengers, 200 additional cabins and are 16 m (50 ft) longer compared to Meraviglia-Class.
- Meraviglia Plus vessels were scheduled for delivery in November 2019 (Grandiosa) and April 2020 (Virtuosa).
- New features include the first at sea fine art museum (with original artworks), additional space allowing bigger (111 m / 36 ft long) indoor promenade and larger LED screen (95x6 m / 280x20 ft) for the pooldeck's outdoor theater. The extra space also allows two additional restaurants. MSC signed an exclusive partnership with Samsung (providing the technology) and Cirque du Soleil (providing live show programming).
- Meraviglia Plus-class boats are also fleet's most technologically-advanced implementing latest marine engine technologies. Their machinery includes hybrid scrubbers (exhaust gas cleaning systems), SCR (selective catalytic reduction system converting NOx into diatomic nitrogen), most efficient waste plant, latest wastewater treatment ssystem, superior recycling capabilities, emission-reducing and fuel-efficient heat recovery system.
MSC Virtuosa - user reviews and comments
MSC Virtuosa ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
MSC Cruises and STX France signed an order for the construction of a 5th Meraviglia class cruise ship. Scheduled for delivery in 2023, the vessel...June 14, 2018
- show more news