MSC Preziosa current position
Specifications of MSC Preziosa
|Year built||2013 / Age: 8|
|Builder||Chantiers de l’Atlantique (Saint-Nazaire, STX France)|
|Building cost||USD 550 million|
|Owner||Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC)|
|Speed||23 kn / 43 kph / 26 mph|
|Length (LOA)||333 m / 1093 ft|
|Beam (width)||38 m / 125 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||139072 gt|
|Passengers||3502 - 4378|
|Decks with cabins||9|
|Sister-ships||MSC Divina, MSC Fantasia, MSC Splendida|
|Christened by||Sophia Loren|
MSC Preziosa Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2021 Apr 18||10 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Hamburg||$409|
|2021 Apr 28||11 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Hamburg||$639|
|2021 May 09||10 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Hamburg||$439|
|2021 May 19||11 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Hamburg||$659|
|2021 May 30||11 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Hamburg||$919|
|2021 Jun 10||11 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Hamburg||$979|
|2021 Jun 21||14 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Hamburg||$1509|
|2021 Jul 05||13 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Hamburg||$1149|
|2021 Jul 18||9 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Hamburg||$819|
|2021 Jul 27||12 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Hamburg||$1219|
|2021 Aug 08||14 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Hamburg||$1319|
|2021 Aug 22||11 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Hamburg||$1059|
|2021 Sep 02||10 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Hamburg||$579|
|2021 Sep 12||11 days, one-way from Hamburg to Genoa||Hamburg||$419|
|2021 Sep 12||10 days, one-way from Hamburg to Barcelona||Hamburg||$819|
|2021 Sep 22||2 days, round-trip Northern Europe||Barcelona||$229|
|2021 Sep 23||4 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Genoa||$449|
|2021 Sep 23||1 day, one-way from Genoa to Barcelona||Genoa||$69|
|2021 Sep 23||2 days, one-way from Genoa to Marseille||Genoa||$129|
|2021 Sep 24||6 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Barcelona||$679|
|2021 Sep 25||3 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Marseille||$299|
|2021 Sep 27||4 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Genoa||$399|
|2021 Sep 28||4 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Marseille||$699|
|2021 Sep 30||5 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Barcelona||$499|
|2021 Oct 01||5 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Genoa||$499|
|2021 Oct 02||4 days, one-way from Marseille to Genoa||Marseille||$399|
|2021 Oct 06||5 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Genoa||$549|
|2021 Oct 07||5 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Marseille||$549|
|2021 Oct 11||4 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Genoa||$389|
|2021 Oct 12||4 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Marseille||$389|
|2021 Oct 13||5 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Barcelona||$549|
|2021 Oct 15||5 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Genoa||$549|
|2021 Oct 16||5 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Marseille||$549|
|2021 Oct 18||5 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Barcelona||$549|
|2021 Oct 20||5 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Genoa||$549|
|2021 Oct 21||5 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Marseille||$549|
|2021 Oct 25||3 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Genoa||$329|
|2021 Oct 26||3 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Marseille||$329|
MSC Preziosa Review
Review of MSC Preziosa
History - construction and ownership
MSC Cruises (MSC Crociere) is a passenger shipping company headquartered in Genoa and Naples. It was established in 1960. Today, MSC Crociere is a subsidiary of MSC (Mediterranean Shipping Company) - world's 2nd largest containership company. MSC Crociere is the world's largest privately-owned cruise company. By annual passenger shipping volumes, MSC is ranked world's 4th largest cruise company (after Carnival Corporation, RCCL-Royal Caribbean and NCL-Norwegian) with over 5% global market share.
On June 4, 2010, the shipbuilder STX France and the GNMTC company (Libyan state-owned corporation) signed a letter of intent for building 1 cruise vessel with MSC Fantasia-class design.
- The vessel was named “Phoenicia”. Its innovative design featured a 120-ton aquarium with live sharks (as specified by the Muammar Gaddafi’s son Hannibal).
- During the construction, in February 2011, the civil war in Libya broke out, and in June STX France cancelled the contract, ending up with an unfinished hull.
- On March 13, 2012, the MSC cruise company officially announced the purchase of the cruise vessel for EUR 550 million. The design’s new specifications were identical to MSC Divina. The new vessel was then named "MSC Preziosa", delivered to MSC in March 2013.
The 139,072-ton, 4,345-passenger cruise ship MSC Preziosa is one of the largest in the MSC fleet. The vessel is impressive not only with her size but also with the features included. More than 80% of the cabins have ocean views, and many feature luxurious balconies. On board the MSC Preziosa there are more than 99 cabins marked as "VIP".
In the beginning, the vessel was commissioned by Colonel Gaddafi’s son Hannibal, who wanted a tank for 6 sharks to be present into the design. While the ship was under construction at a shipyard in France, the Libyan regime was overthrown in June 2011, so the plans of the son of Colonel Gaddafi’s failed. Mediterranean Shipping Company decided to buy the vessel in 2012.
Cruise itinerary program
MSC Preziosa itinerary program is based on 7-day Western Mediterranean cruises from Rome, Naples,Barcelona and Marseille. Preziosa also sails on South America voyages leaving from Santos and operates cheap Transatlantic repositioning crossings between South America and Europe.
MSC Preziosa has a total of 1751 cabins (of which 107 Suites, 1142 Balcony, 415 Inside rooms) in 12 grades. Most MSC Preziosa staterooms are 210-sq. foot Balcony rooms. The largest aboard MSC Preziosa is the Yacht Club Royal Suite (215 ft2). There are a total of 69 MSC Yacht Club suites offering a private bar, solarium, hydro-massage pools, and the impressive glass-walled observation lounge with spectacular ocean views. There are also 32 Aurea Spa Suites.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Onboard the cruise ship MSC Preziosa guests may enjoy good and tasty cuisine with 4 available restaurants. For culinary addicts, the perfect mouth-watering adventure will be the Galaxy restaurant – open-kitchen, boasting delicious dining all day.
Follows the complete list of MSC Preziosa restaurants and food bars.
- The Golden Lobster Restaurant (626-seat, 2-level forward Dining Room, offers different Italian traditional meals and wines; open for Breakfast 7:00-9:30 a.m., Lunch 12:00-2:00 p.m., and Dinner with 2 fixed seatings at 7:00 and 9:30 p.m.; with 7-course dinner menu; also features vegan and vegetarian meals)
- L’Arabesque Restaurant (766-seat aft Dining Room, open for Breakfast 7:00-10:00 a.m., Lunch 12:00-2:00 p.m., and Dinner with 2 fixed seatings at 7:00 and 9:45 p.m., features a 3-course menu for lunch, 7-course for dinner)
- La Locanda (105-seat wine bar and Italian speciality restaurant; offers lunch and dinner)
- Eataly Restaurant (80-seat Eataly Food Chain designed food store and speciality restaurant)
- Ristorante Italia (24-seat dinner-only Italian food restaurant and shop)
- Inca (412-seat, forward) and Maia (404-seat, aft) Buffet Restaurants (self-service complimentary cafeterias with various food stations - Grill Corner, Pasta, Pizza, Carving Show, Ethnic Corner, Mediterranean, Bakery, Kids corner)
- La Palmeraie (100-seat aft Dining Room; MSC yacht club Suite guests only)
- Galaxy Lounge and Disco (126-seat a la carte speciality restaurant for lunch, dinner and nightclub).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
MSC Preziosa cruise ship is the 12th member of MSC passenger ships fleet. With Preziosa, the Mediterranean experience was brought to perfection. Her outstanding favourites and unique features such as the longest for MSC waterslide, the “MSC Yacht Club”, 30,000 sq.metres public areas, will help you enjoy the new irresistible opportunities and tailor each moment to your mood and taste.
On the MSC Cruises Preziosa ship, you can experience the purifying effect of natural materials which radiate Mediterranean colours and light, including the Swarovski sweeping staircases, real stone piazza and the infinity magical pool. Remember to try the MSC sublime Aurea SPA with wellness and beauty treatments that will melt away every tension. If you simply want to sunbathe in privacy, soak up sun rays in the Preziosa’s sanctuary of serenity – the adults-only “Top 18”. It boasts stunning ocean views and premium deck space, not forgetting Top 18 dedicated own spa service, bar menu, fruit skewers – which are complimentary, of course. This one is the perfect place on the Preziosa ship to relax and unwind – for couples looking for romantic hideaways, groups of friends, or tired of kids parents who just look for some quiet time.
Be sure to experience the privilege to access world-class leisure, including Broadway-scale theatre, full-gaming casino and the luxury of the exclusive suites of MSC Yacht Club. Butler service, private decks and dedicated facilities – if it’s not enough, what about discovering MSC Preziosa exclusive innovations like the splash-packed games and fun of the kids aqua park Doremi Castle. Or the Vertigo swooping thrills – the longest on the seas water slide which is single-rider. The ship boasts 12 jacuzzis and 4 pools (La Playa/covered, The One/yacht club).
Additional amenities include complimentary 24-Hour Room-Service, Supervised Children Program, Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry.
Follows the complete list of MSC Preziosa lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Preziosa Atrium (5-deck high central ship area with live entertainment)
- Preziosa Bar (28-seat Atrium Lobby bar)
- Cyber Library (Internet computers room and 10-seat library)
- Cybercafe (Internet computers room)
- Platinum Theatre (1600-seat, 2-level; features grand-style show productions and classical concerts, with 2 shows per night - at 8:00 p.m. and 10:15 p.m.)
- Millennium Star Casino (323-seat, smoking allowed area, own full bar)
- Poker Room (separate card games lounge)
- The Cigar Lounge and Bar (31-seat smoking room with full bar)
- Phoenician Plaza (80-seat Italian Square area with live music, Ice Cream Bar, Cocktail- and Wine Bars, Coffee Bar, Chocolate and Pastry shop)
- The Mini Mall (Duty-Free Shop); La Boutique; MSC Logo Shop; Il Gioiello; Accessories; L’Angolo dell’Oggetto; La Caramella; La Profumeria; Fashion Bijoux; Adidas Corner; The Pool Shop; Photo Gallery and Shop
- Diamond Bar (98-seat, with live music from ship's Atrium)
- El Dorado Bar (108-seat piano bar with live music and speciality cocktails)
- Gallery Plaza (art exhibitions and auctions)
- Graffiti’s nightclub
- The Green Sax Bar (106-seat jazz bar with liquor selection, live music and quiz games)
- Sports and Bowling Diner (87-seat; has large TVs and bowling lanes)
- Il Cappuccino Bar (58-seat speciality coffee bar; offers complimentary cookies and pastries)
- Safari Lounge (295-seat aft show lounge with full bar and dance floor; hosts shows, bingo, trivia quizzes)
- MSC Preziosa Aurea Spa (1700 m2 complex, with 2 Steam Rooms and 4 Saunas, Frigidarium, Relaxation Room, Treatment Rooms, Thalassotherapy hot tubs, 3 Whirlpools, sliding-roof heated pool, Aerobics Studio/Yoga classes, Solarium Area, Beauty Salon, Bar)
- Fitness (complimentary Gym, fitness classes at a surcharge)
- La Playa Preciosa Pool (has a sliding glass roof, 3 Whirlpools; served by La Playa Preciosa Bar)
- Aqua Park (family pool, two Whirlpools, splash area, water jets, fountains)
- Nutella Corner (chocolate parlour); Happy Puppy (ice cream parlour)
- Turquoise Bar (97-seat poolside bar)
- Saphir Bar (Aqua Park poolside bar)
- Top Sail Lounge (141-seat MSC Yacht Club Lounge with piano live music, afternoon tea)
- Doremi Castle Aqua Park Adventures (kids play area with kids pool, TVs, movies, crafts, games, climbing area, mini-football; with a 2-section Kids Club - for children 3-6 yo, and Junior - for 7-12 yo; also hosts feature activities by MSC-LEGO partnership called “Lego Experience at Sea”)
- Teen’s Area (live music, dance classes, sports and video games)
- Brezza Marina (solarium complex with 2 Whirlpools)
- The Garden Pool (adult-only “infinity pool” with 2 Whirlpools, served by Garden Bar)
- Video Games Arcade; Virtual World (ten video games arcades); F1 Simulator (Formula 1 car racing)
- 4D Cinema (ten moving seats)
- MSC Arena Sports Center (combined sports court- basketball, volleyball, soccer, with stadium seating and outdoor large movie screen); Shuffleboard, Table Tennis, Squash
- MSC Yacht Club Area; The One Pool (MSC Yacht Club members only, with 2 Whirlpools, served by The One Bar - Breakfast and Lunch)
- Top 18 Exclusive Solarium (adult-only area, with one Whirlpool, garden, Tiki Bar)
- Power Walking/Jogging Track.
MSC Preziosa - user reviews and comments
Photos of MSC PreziosaAdd Photo
MSC Preziosa ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The family-owned company MSC Cruises announced details of its Summer 2022 program with sales now open for voyages in the Caribbean and Mediterranean...December 18, 2020
- Cruise Industry
MSC Cruises reconfirmed its winter cruise programme for 2021-2022 with an array of itineraries in the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, and the Gulf...December 14, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Over 0,5 million tourists visited over the weekend Germany for the 7th Hamburg Cruise Days. With a record number of 12 participating cruise...September 17, 2019
- Cruise Industry
In the early Friday morning, June 21, CMV-Cruise Maritime Voyages’ liner Astor arrived at Lerwick Harbour (Mainland Shetland, Scotland) from...June 23, 2019
- Cruise Industry
MSC Preziosa, with passenger capacity of more than 4,000 people, is due to become the highlight of a busy cruise season in Trinidad during the coming...December 13, 2018
A cruise passenger has reportedly gone overboard from MSC Preziosa in the Caribbean on Saturday, December 8, according to France-Antilles newspaper...December 11, 2018
- show more news
Other MSC Cruises cruise ships
MSC Preziosa Wiki
Preziosa is one of MSC's modified Fantasia-class vessels (inaugural cruise on March 25, 2013) with sisterships Divina, Fantasia, Splendida. This liner (under the name "Phoenicia") was originally ordered to STX France by the Libyan company "General National Maritime Transport Corporation". The newbuild on order featured a huge shark aquarium into its design. Due to the Libyan Revolution (February-October 2011), the shipbuilder STX canceled the contract and began looking for a new buyer. On March 13, 2012, MSC reached an agreement with STX to buy the ship for USD 550 million.
In comparison to the other Fantasia-class ships, Preziosa has 100 more staterooms, new restaurant (Eataly), enlarged MSC Yacht Club (VIP suite complex), infinity edge pool (in the adults only "Top 18 Exclusive Solarium" / serenity area), the "Vertigo" waterslide (length 394 ft / 120 m), "Doremi Castle" (outdoor playground / adventure park for kids).
Ship's Captain is Corrado Iaconis.
On December 18, 2018, MSC announced a partnership with celebrity chef Harald Wohlfahrt (3-starred Michelin chef). The German chef created a new menu of Mediterranean and international specialties for the exclusive MSC Yacht Club Restaurant on Meraviglia, Splendida, and Preziosa. The enhanced menu is offered only on cruises in Northern Europe. He also created two new main courses for the "Elegant Night" - a formal dining event held in the Main Dining Room on each voyage. Chef Wohlfahrt also completed an interactive training to all MSC's cruise ship chefs.
MSC Preziosa User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review