Sir Bani Yas island is a private island vacation destination located approx 110 ml / 170 km southwest of the UAE's capital Abu Dhabi.
Private island Sir Bani Yas (UAE)
In June 2016, MSC Cruises (subsidiary of MSC "Mediterranean Shipping Company" / one of the world's largest container ship companies) announced that their "beach oasis" on Sir Bani Yas island is available exclusively for MSC passengers on the ship MSC Splendida. In July 2016, this UAE private island cruise destination was also included in Costa Cruises roundtrips from homeport Dubai (season 2016-2017) as 1-day stopover / port of call on Costa neoRiviera (now AIDAmira) itineraries. In 2017-2018, neoRiviera was replaced by Costa Mediterranea.
- The 2,5 km (1,5 ml) stretch of land on Sir Bani Yas island features shaded cabanas, hundreds of palm trees and over 2,000 sunbeds across 36,000 m2 (387,500 ft2) of sand beaches, food and drinks bars, sports facilities, MSC Aurea Spa area (wellness complex), family and kids playground area, Bedouin tent (selling hand-made local arts-crafts), lounge space (live music, full-service bar), exclusive beaches (with VIP areas and cabanas).
- MSC worked closely with ecologists and the Abu Dhabi Port Authorities for over 2 years to develop the island and support the ongoing preservation work. The isle is one of the region's largest wildlife reserves due to decades of conservation works and ecological investments to maintain its biodiversity. The "Arabian Wildlife Park" on the main island is home to over 13,000 endangered and indigenous animals, as well as millions of plants and trees.
- The Sir Bani Yas "cruise island" was inaugurated on December 15, 2016. The ever first cruise ship visit to the island was by MSC Fantasia (December 5) as port of call on a 7-night Dubai itinerary (prices started from USD 720 per person). This new exclusive port destination is open for MSC passengers when their ship stops here as part of its roundtrip Dubai cruise.
- The island's first visit (Costa neoRiviera) was on December 20, 2016. Costa passengers have access to a private (Costa exclusive) beach with VIP areas with cabanas.
- Among the island's shore excursion options are jeep safaris in the wildlife park, sea kayaking, diving and snorkelling tours.
- During season 2016-2017, Sir Bani Yas Island was visited by cruise ships 39 times, During its first cruising season (2015-2016), the island was visited by over 60,000 passengers.
Port Sir Bani Yas Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Sir Bani Yas Island, UAE. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|7 November, 2018|
|9 November, 2018|
|9 November, 2018|
|22 November, 2018|
The Sir Bani Yas Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Sir Bani Yas Island, UAE.
If you lose the Sir Bani Yas Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.