74 °F / 24 °C
Salalah is a major seaport and capital city of Oman's Dhofar Governorate (country's largest). Salalah is Oman's 2nd largest city by population (around 200,000).
Salalah is one of the only two places on Arabian Peninsula (besides Yemen) which experiences seasonal monsoon climate ("Khareef"). The brown landscape is completely transformed during this time to a lush green oasis.
Port Salalah is one of the largest cargo ports on Arabian Peninsula. It is also a major transshipment hub for container shipping. Since 1998 (when was opened) the port is managed by APM Terminals (part of AP Moller-Maersk Group - world's largest shipping company). The seaport serves vessels on the routes connecting Africa, Asia and Middle East, and also Europe (via Suez Canal).
The seaport is located outside the city (to the south) and is currently Dhofar's biggest private employer. Salalah Free Zone (adjacent to the seaport) is developed as major center for Middle East's heavy industries serving over 2,5 billion consumers in East Africa, Red Sea, Southeast Asia and Persian Gulf countries.
Fka Mina Raysut (Port Raysut), Salalah is one of Oman's deepwater ports with capacity to handle large vessels with max draft 18 m (59 ft). The port serves both boxships and general cargo vessels, as well as luxury passenger ships and cruise liners.
- Harbor depth is 16-18 m (min-max).
- Approach channel's width is 20 m.
- Outer turning / swinging basin is 800.
- Vessels in port are served by 4 tugboats.
- Port's equipment includes 11 speedloaders, 9 fork lifts, 25 super-post panamax gantry cranes, 68 rubber tyred gantry cranes, 177 tractors, 187 trailer trucks.
- The port has all 6 berths and dedicated facilities to serve cruise vessels and liquid bulk carriers.
Services provided at Port Salalah include:
- Stevedoring (containers and general cargo)
- Refrigerated container (reefer) sockets
- Cold storage warehouses
- Container box maintenance and repairs
- Pilotage, Towage, Tug services (24-hour)
- Bunkering, Warehousing
- Fresh-water supply
Port Salalah cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Salalah, Oman. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|3 November, 2019|
|7 November, 2019|
|8 November, 2019|
|12 November, 2019|
|Seven Seas Voyager||09:00||18:00|
|14 November, 2019|
|17 November, 2019|
|18 November, 2019|
|19 November, 2019|
|24 November, 2019|
Two British women were murdered while on a coach trip in the middle of 'Authentic Arabia' voyage in the Middle East. The couple were stepping off a...September 30, 2018
- show more news