Costa Favolosa current position
Specifications of Costa Favolosa
|Year built||2011 / Age: 10|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Marghera, Italy)|
|Building cost||EUR 510 million (USD 600 million)|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||289 m / 948 ft|
|Beam (width)||38 m / 125 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||113216 gt|
|Passengers||3014 - 3617|
|Decks with cabins||8|
|Christened by||Margareth Made|
Costa Favolosa Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2021 Jun 06||9 days, one-way from IJmuiden to Amsterdam||IJmuiden||$1349|
|2021 Jun 06||8 days, one-way from IJmuiden to Bremerhaven||IJmuiden|
|2021 Jun 14||9 days, round-trip Northern Europe From Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven||$1249|
|2021 Jun 15||9 days, round-trip Northern Europe From Amsterdam||Amsterdam|
|2021 Jun 23||14 days, round-trip Northern Europe From Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2021 Jun 24||14 days, round-trip Northern Europe From Amsterdam||Amsterdam|
|2021 Jul 07||9 days, round-trip Northern Europe From Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2021 Jul 08||9 days, round-trip Northern Europe From Amsterdam||Amsterdam|
|2021 Jul 16||14 days, round-trip Northern Europe From Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2021 Jul 17||14 days, round-trip Northern Europe From Amsterdam||Amsterdam|
|2021 Jul 30||9 days, round-trip Northern Europe From Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2021 Jul 31||9 days, one-way from Amsterdam to IJmuiden||Amsterdam|
|2021 Aug 08||9 days, round-trip Northern Europe From Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2021 Aug 09||9 days, one-way from IJmuiden to Amsterdam||IJmuiden|
|2021 Aug 17||9 days, round-trip Northern Europe From Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven||$1699|
|2021 Aug 18||9 days, round-trip Northern Europe From Amsterdam||Amsterdam|
|2021 Aug 26||9 days, round-trip Northern Europe From Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven||$1549|
|2021 Aug 27||9 days, round-trip Northern Europe From Amsterdam||Amsterdam|
|2021 Sep 04||14 days, round-trip Northern Europe From Bremerhaven||Bremerhaven|
|2021 Sep 05||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to IJmuiden||Amsterdam|
|2021 Sep 18||13 days, one-way from Bremerhaven to Savona||Bremerhaven||$1229|
|2021 Sep 19||12 days, one-way from IJmuiden to Savona||IJmuiden||$1229|
|2021 Sep 19||11 days, one-way from IJmuiden to Marseille||IJmuiden|
|2021 Oct 01||14 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Savona||Savona||$1399|
|2021 Oct 29||4 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Savona||Savona|
|2021 Oct 30||4 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Marseilles||Marseille|
|2021 Oct 31||4 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Barcelona||Barcelona|
|2022 Apr 13||17 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Barcelona||Buenos Aires||$1339|
|2022 Apr 16||16 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Marseille||Rio de Janeiro||$1269|
Costa Favolosa Review
Review of Costa Favolosa
History - construction and ownership
Costa Cruises is a Genoa-headquartered subsidiary company owned by Carnival Corporation. Costa is Europe's second-largest cruise line (after MSC) with year-round operations in the Mediterranean. Costa was founded in 1854 as a cargo shipping company. It started passenger shipping services in 1947, with regular Transatlantic crossings between Europe (Italy) and South America. In 2000, Costa Cruises was acquired by Carnival Corporation (shipowner).
The 113,216-ton, 3,780-passenger cruise ship Costa Favolosa features all of the now-signature Concordia-class elements, like the Asian-themed Samsara Spa, a swimming pool space with a huge movie screen and sliding glass roof and a Grand Prix driving simulator. Favolosa also offers a handful of new options not found on its older sister vessels. These include 6 new apartments with private verandahs and Jacuzzis; a new place for teenagers with a 4D cinema, ice cream bar, and dance floor; and a new outdoor Aqua Park with a pirate galleon.
Besides the ship's staff and crew, Costa cruise passengers are also served by Peper robots - the latest cyborg technology implemented fleetwide in 2016. These humanoid robots greet and guide passengers upon embarkation. They also assist them throughout the cruise by providing information and tips on onboard dining, entertainment, enrichment program (workshops, pre-scheduled events), casino and shopping promotions, shore excursions and tours. Pepper robots are mobile and communicate in 3 languages (English, German, Italian). They can also interpret human emotions by analyzing voice tones and facial expressions.
Cruise itinerary program
Costa Favolosa itinerary program is based on Central and Western Mediterranean cruises, alternated seasonally with voyages in South America or the Caribbean. Transatlantic repositioning cruise crossings are offered with the ship's redeployment in spring and fall.
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus crisis, the ship's 2020-2021 Caribbean cruise program (Dec 6 - Mar 19) of 7-day and 14-day roundtrips from homeport Pointe-a-Pitre, Guadeloupe was cancelled. Favolosa was rescheduled to operate Mediterranean mini-cruises starting on April 2, 2021.
Starting November 20, 2021, Costa Favolosa cruises in South America for a total of 144 days - an almost 5 months long (Costa Cruises' longest) in the region. Favolosa offers 5 itineraries (3 to 6 nights in length) leaving roundtrip from homeport Santos-Sao Paolo and visiting Buzios, Salvador da Bahia, Ilhabela, Balneario Camboriu.
December 13, 2021, through April 2022, Costa Favolosa is homeported Rio de Janeiro for 15x 8-night "Prata" cruises visiting Itajai (optional embarkation/for the first time), Montevideo Uruguaya and Buenos Aires Argentina.
Favolova's South America 2021-2022 season starts with the Transatlantic cruise from Savona on November 2, 2021. The 18-night crossing visits in Europe Marseille, Barcelona, Malaga, Casablanca, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, and in Brasil - Recife, Salvador, Ilheus, Rio de Janeiro. The return/eastbound 15-night Transatlantic cruise starts on April 16, 2022, from Rio de Janeiro and visits Salvador, Maceio, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Malaga, Barcelona, Savona (ends on May 1).
Costa Favolosa staterooms (a total of 1508) include 56 Suites, 594 Balcony, 579 Inside) in 14 cabin grades. Most cabins are 185-ft2 sized Balcony staterooms, and nearly 40% of all staterooms have a step-out balcony. Wheelchair-accessible cabins are 28, Spa cabins are 103, single cabins - 11. The largest is the Grand Suite (455 ft2). Favolosa also has 6 Samsara Suites with private terraces with outdoor Jacuzzis.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Ristorante Duca di Borgogna is Favolosa's 2-tier forward formal restaurant. It offers fixed seating options for early and late dining. The restaurant serves starters, appetizers, main courses of fish or meat, side dishes, salads and desserts (vegetarian options and special dietary requirements are also available). Ristorante Duca d'Orleans is the ship's 2-tier aft formal restaurant, featuring fixed seating options of 6:30 p.m. or 9:00 p.m. The Samsara Restaurant, located on deck 3, offers a range of healthy food with the latest cooking techniques and a selection of special ingredients. The restaurant is free to guests in the Samsara cabins, whilst other passengers can dine there for a charge (booking required). Costa Favolosa also offers complimentary 24-Hour Room-Service.
Follows the complete list of Costa Favolosa restaurants and food bars.
- Ristorante Duca di Borgogna (complimentary forward Dining Room, operates with open seating Breakfast and Lunch, 2 assigned seatings for Dinner - at 6:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.)
- Ristorante Duca d'Orleans (complimentary 2-level aft Dining Room with 2 fixed Dinner seatings)
- Club Favolosa Restaurant (specialty a la carte restaurant; Steakhouse menu and extensive wine list; dinner-only, reservations required)
- Ristorante Samsara (serves healthy and low-calorie food; with complimentary dining room for guests in Samsara Spa cabins, and a specialty restaurant for other passengers at a surcharge/reservations are required)
- Ristorante Buffet Ca d'Oro (self-service buffet restaurant, complimentary; offers breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea at 4-5:00 p.m., and dinner; in the evening is transformed into Pizzeria, complimentary, with waiter service).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Galleria d'Arte, ship's Art Gallery, is located on deck 5 close to the Costa shops. Some of the artworks can be purchased during the art auctions. PlayStation World is located on deck 5 and features padded chairs and PS3 games consoles with the latest video games. PS3 on demand is available. Costa Favolosa has three PS3 consoles and a selection of games that can be hired for as long as desired for use in cabins (charges apply).
Some of the Favolosa ship's main features are the Asian-themed Samsara Spa with a restaurant, the Grand Prix driving simulator, the huge pool area with its large movie screen and sliding roof of glass, the fun outdoor Aqua Park with its pirate galleon, teens area with a 4D cinema, dance floor, an ice cream bar.
Follows the complete list of Costa Favolosa lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Teatro Hortensia (3-tiered theatre and main show lounge; hosts grand scale show productions, musicals, classical concerts, ballet performances, circus, and laser light shows)
- Belphegor 4D cinema room (featuring 3D films with moving seats)
- Club Cavallo Bianco (playground zone with dance floor and bar for snacks, popcorn, ice cream; also serving the Cinema)
- Grand Bar Palatino (with own dance floor and stage for live performances; hosts quiz games and fashion reviews)
- Bar Classico Montespan (Cigar Lounge and Bar; also selling cigars and fine liquor)
- Galleria d'Arte (Art Gallery)
- Sala Carte (cards room)
- Casino El Dorado
- Favolosa Atrium (multi-deck "Atrio dei Diamanti" - an open-floor area with live music and entertainment, served by Diamanti Lobby Bar)
- Sala da Ballo Pompadur (lounge with dance floor and own bar)
- Camelot Piano Bar (stage for cabaret performances, live music, own dance floor)
- Salone Moliere (grand lounge with round-shaped bar and stage)
- Discoteca Etoile (Disco Nightclub, DJ program nightly)
- Internet Point (Internet computers room); Biblioteca della Rossa (Library)
- Galleria Shops (duty and tax-free shops for brand watches, jewelry, perfumes, fashion clothes, Costa-logo merchandise, sportswear, gifts, tobacco, and liquor)
- Area Foto (Photo Gallery and Shop)
- PlayStation World corner
- Cafeteria Porta d'Oro (chocolates, specialty coffee bar, and patisserie)
- Bar Scuderia Costa (themed bar Formula 1 with Grand Prix simulator)
- Cappella (Wedding Chapel, also used for religious services)
- Squok Club (kids lounge with Mini Club (3-6 yo) and Maxi Club (7-11 yo) playing rooms; with complimentary kids programme and supervised activities; complimentary babysitting)
- Teen Zone (teenagers' lounge with Teen Junior (12-14 yo) and Teen Club (15-17 yo) rooms; complimentary supervised activities, themed parties, sports contests)
- Centro Banessere Samsara (2-level Spa and Wellness complex, with Fitness and separate Spinning/Aerobics Room; Venus Beauty Salon, Massages and Treatments Rooms, Japanese TeaRoom, Relaxation Room, Thermal Suites, Solarium, Tepidarium (heated loungers), Laconium (low humidity sauna), Aroma Steam Baths, Thalassotherapy pool, Turkish Bath, Solarium, Saunas, Kinesis Room. All passengers in Samsara Spa staterooms have free access to most of the Spa complex)
- Lido dell'Ondina pool area (lido pool with two Whirlpools, huge LED screen, PlayStation nights; served by dell'Ondina Bar); Balconata dell'Ondina
- Lido di Porpora pool area (with two Whirlpools; served by Porpora Bar)
- Lido Belvedere Pool area (with a retractable glass roof and Whirlpool)
- Lido Squok (kids' mini Aqua park)
- Solarium (open-air relaxation area)
- Campo da Gioco (combined court for tennis and basketball); Pista da Jogging (Power Walking/Jogging Track), doubled with a Roller Skating Track; Putting Green Area; Virtual Golf Game.
Costa Favolosa - user reviews and comments
Photos of Costa FavolosaAdd Photo
Costa Favolosa ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Considering the limitations in place in some European countries, and in light of the epidemiological situation due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19...October 30, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Costa Cruises announced its programs for South America 2021-2022 winter season during an online conference led by the brand’s General Manager...October 28, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Costa Cruises announced it will continue its program for gradual and responsible reintroduction of cruise vacations. Following the presentation of...September 26, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Costa Cruises announced it was ready to sail for a 2020-2021 winter season rich in holiday opportunities. After the restart of the line's cruise...September 13, 2020
Three crew on the Costa Cruises ships Costa Favolosa and Costa Deliziosa have tested positive for Coronavirus (COVID-19). Both liners are moored...August 3, 2020
Foreign Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr announced on Saturday, March 28, that the Department of Foreign Affairs would repatriate more than 4,000 Filipino...March 28, 2020
In Civitavecchia (cruise port to Rome City) ended the debarkation of all Costa Pacifica passengers. The ship was not affected by the Coronavirus...March 27, 2020
Two Costa Cruises ships - Favolosa and Magica - are scheduled to dock at PortMiami Florida on Thursday, March 26, with 30 sick people onboard, a...March 26, 2020
The cruise liner Costa Favolosa docked a day early in Philipsburg (St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles) after being denied entry in Tortola Island...February 27, 2020
Sixteen passengers from a Costa Cruises ship were arrested on Wednesday, March 27 for drug smuggling in the port of Santos, Brazil. According to...March 29, 2019
- show more news
Other Costa Cruises cruise ships
Costa Favolosa Wiki
The "Favolosa" name was selected via online competition from 16000+ pairs of names submitted by travel agents and customers. Ship's architect is Joe Farcus, public areas and venues are themed "celebrities, movie stars, exotic places". Favolosa carries 400 original artworks and over 6000 prints.
Costa Favolosa User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review