Costa Deliziosa current position
Specifications of Costa Deliziosa
|Year built||2010 / Age: 10|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Marghera, Italy)|
|Building cost||EUR 450 million (USD 670 million)|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Speed||24 kn / 44 kph / 28 mph|
|Length (LOA)||294 m / 965 ft|
|Beam (width)||35 m / 115 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||92720 gt|
|Passengers||2260 - 2712|
|Decks with cabins||6|
|Christened by||Tala Dionisi|
Costa Deliziosa Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2020 Aug 01||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Venice||Venice||$869|
|2020 Aug 08||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Venice||Venice||$869|
|2020 Aug 15||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Venice||Venice||$919|
|2020 Aug 22||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Venice||Venice||$879|
|2020 Aug 29||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Venice||Venice||$679|
|2020 Sep 05||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Venice||Venice||$599|
|2020 Sep 12||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Venice||Venice||$679|
|2020 Sep 19||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Venice||Venice||$669|
|2020 Sep 26||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Venice||Venice||$599|
|2020 Oct 03||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Venice||Venice||$599|
|2020 Oct 10||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Venice||Venice||$549|
|2020 Oct 17||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Venice||Venice||$549|
|2020 Oct 24||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Venice||Venice||$499|
|2020 Oct 31||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Venice||Venice||$429|
|2020 Nov 07||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Venice||Venice||$429|
|2020 Nov 14||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Venice||Venice|
|2020 Nov 21||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Venice||Venice||$409|
|2020 Nov 28||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Venice||Venice||$499|
|2020 Dec 05||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Venice||Venice||$499|
|2020 Dec 12||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Venice||Venice||$499|
|2020 Dec 19||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Venice||Venice||$1099|
|2020 Dec 26||8 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Venice||Venice||$1599|
|2021 Jan 03||125 days, round-trip World Tour From Venice||Venice||$14449|
|2021 Jan 08||115 days, round-trip World Tour From Savona||Savona||$14449|
|2021 Jan 09||113 days, round-trip World Tour From Marseilles||Marseille||$14449|
|2021 Jan 10||114 days, round-trip World Tour From CivitavecchiaRome||Civitavecchia||$14449|
|2022 Jan 08||126 days, round-trip World Tour From Venice||Venice||$15019|
|2022 Jan 12||117 days, round-trip World Tour From CivitavecchiaRome||Civitavecchia||$15019|
|2022 Jan 13||115 days, round-trip World Tour From Savona||Savona||$15019|
|2022 Jan 14||113 days, round-trip World Tour From Marseilles||Marseille||$14319|
|2022 Jan 15||119 days, one-way from Barcelona to Venice||Barcelona||$14319|
|2022 Jan 15||113 days, one-way from Barcelona to Savona||Barcelona||$14319|
Costa Deliziosa Review
Review of Costa Deliziosa
Launched in 2010, Costa Deliziosa is the second of Costa Cruises Luminosa-class ships, together with Costa Luminosa.
History - construction and ownership
Costa Cruises is a Genoa-headquartered subsidiary company owned by Carnival Corporation. Costa is Europe's second largest cruise line (after MSC) with year-round operations in the Mediterranean. Costa was founded in 1854 as a cargo shipping company. It started passenger shipping services in 1947, with regular Transatlantic crossings between Europe (Italy) and South America. In 2000, Costa Cruises was acquired by Carnival Corporation (shipowner).
The 92,720-ton, 3,570-passenger cruise ship Costa Deliziosa is a twin vessel to Costa Cruises Luminosa ship. This huge and warm liner with simple design is easy to navigate. Deliziosa debuted in 2010, introducing the evolution of retro-style for Costa cruise lines. The line which is based in Italy and is much European-influenced has produced mega-sized cruise vessels as the 114,500-ton Costa Pacifica and Costa Serena (the biggest-ever in the fleet).
Besides the ship's staff and crew, Costa cruise passengers are also served by Peper robots - the latest cyborg technology implemented fleetwide in 2016. These humanoid robots greet and guide passengers upon embarkation. They also assist them throughout the cruise by providing information and tips on onboard dining, entertainment, enrichment program (workshops, pre-scheduled events), casino and shopping promotions, shore excursions and tours. Pepper robots are mobile and communicate in 3 languages (English, German, Italian). They can also interpret human emotions by analyzing voice tones and facial expressions.
Cruise itinerary program
Costa Deliziosa itinerary program is based on a World Cruise from Europe, spring cruises to the Eastern/Western Mediterranean and Black sea, summer Holly Land and North Africa voyages.
Costa Deliziosa has a total number of 1130 cabins (of which 110 Suites, 662 Balcony, 180 Inside rooms) in 13 grades. Most Costa Deliziosa staterooms are 185-sq. foot Balcony rooms - 68% of all staterooms have a private balcony. 23 are the wheelchair accessible cabins, 52 - the Spa Staterooms (located on Deck 8). The largest aboard Costa Deliziosa is the Grand Suite (455 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Costa Deliziosa's MDR on Deck 2 is named Ristorante Albatross. It is a two-deck-high, vibrantly red venue in the aft of the ship with gorgeous views. What is also great about the layout of Albatross is the way it is designed into smaller areas, each with a different ambiance. The onboard buffet restaurant is Ristorante Buffet Muscadins located on Deck 9. It is open for breakfast, lunch, and tea (late afternoon snack). Muscadins offers a range of stations with European and North American favorites. There is a pizza counter with offerings that are more American than Italian. The buffet is also open on some nights for dinner. Costa Deliziosa also offers complimentary 24-Hour Room-Service.
Follows the complete list of Costa Deliziosa restaurants and food bars.
- Ristorante Samsara (serves healthy and low-calorie food; with complimentary dining room for guests in Samsara Spa cabins, and a specialty restaurant for other passengers at a surcharge/reservations are required)
- Ristorante Albatros (aft Dining Room, complimentary; serves open seating breakfast and lunch, 2 fixed dinner seatings - at 6:30 p.m. and 9 p.m.)
- Ristorante Buffet Muscadins (self-service buffet restaurant, complimentary; offers breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea at 4-5:00 p.m., and dinner; in the evening is transformed into Pizzeria, complimentary, with waiter service)
- Club Deliziosa (specialty dinner restaurant by celebrity chef Ettore Bocchia; reservations-only)
- Lido Azzurro Blu Bar and Buffet (offers snacks and sandwiches, lunch buffet station).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Costa Cruises Deliziosa and Luminosa ships are built on new smaller for Costa lines design. The balance of slightly smaller size and exotic routes plays a good part in the wish of Costa to orient these two cruise ships to higher-spending guests. Deliziosa cruise ship appeals to new passengers who want to travel to thrilling destinations on a vessel still offering all mega-sized conveniences of Costa Crociere. And these are from vast spa amenities and kids club to Grand Prix simulator and other amusement options. Deliziosa provides five dining rooms, casino, theater, library, modern fitness center, 4 swimming pools, and 5 jacuzzis, plus SPA.
Follows the complete list of Costa Deliziosa lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Teatro Duse (800-seat, 3-tiered theatre, and main show lounge; hosts grand scale show productions, musicals, classical concerts, ballet performances, circus, and laser light shows)
- Cinema Etoiles (4D cinema room, featuring 3D films with moving seats)
- Grand Bar Mirabilis (with own dance floor and stage for live performances; hosts quiz games and fashion reviews)
- Tabac Blonde (Cigar Lounge and Bar, also selling cigars and fine liquor)
- Sala Carte (cards room)
- Casino Gaius (served by bar Gaius)
- Deliziosa Atrium (8-deck high “Atrio delle Delizie” - an open-floor area with live music and entertainment, served by Atrium Lobby Bar Delle Delizie)
- Discoteca Sharazad (Disco Nightclub, DJ program nightly)
- Biblioteca Velvet and Internet Point (Library/computers room)
- Galleria Shops (duty and tax-free shops for brand watches, jewelry, perfumes, fashion clothes, Costa-logo merchandise, sportswear, gifts, tobacco, and liquor)
- Area Foto (Photo Gallery and Shop); Galleria d’Arte (Deliziosa’s Art Gallery)
- Vanilla Lounge and Bar
- Bar Scuderia Costa (themed bar Formula 1 with Grand Prix simulator)
- Mondo Virtuale (Video Games Arcade)
- Cappella (Wedding Chapel, also used for religious services)
- Squok Club (kids lounge with Mini Club (3-6 yo) and Maxi Club (7-11 yo) playing rooms; with complimentary kids programme and supervised activities; complimentary babysitting)
- Teen Zone (teenagers' lounge with Teen Junior (12-14 yo) and Teen Club (15-17 yo) rooms; complimentary supervised activities, themed parties, sports contests)
- Centro Banessere Samsara (2-level Spa and Wellness complex, with Fitness and separate Spinning/Aerobics Room; Venus Beauty Salon, Massages and Treatments Rooms, Japanese TeaRoom, Relaxation Room, Thermal Suites, Solarium, Tepidarium (heated loungers), Laconium (low humidity sauna), Aroma Steam Baths, Thalassotherapy pool, Turkish Bath, Solarium, Saunas, Kinesis Room. All Deliziosa’s guests in Samsara Spa staterooms have free access to most of the Spa complex)
- Lido Azzurro Blu pool area (lido pool with two Whirlpools, huge LED screen, PlayStation nights; served by Lido Azzurro Bar)
- Lido Acqua Regina pool area (with two Whirlpools, served by Acqua Regina Bar)
- Lido Squok (kids’ mini Aqua park)
- Balconata Azzurro Blu (outdoor movie screen)
- Area Yoga (outdoor area)
- Campo da Gioco (combined court for tennis and basketball); Pista da Jogging (Power Walking/Jogging Track), doubled with a Roller Skating Track; Putting Green Area; Virtual Golf Game.
Costa Deliziosa - user reviews and comments
Photos of Costa DeliziosaAdd Photo
Costa Deliziosa ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
MSC Magnifica pulled into her final port of call - Marseille France - to disembark 1700+ passengers from Monday, April 20, onward. The world voyage...April 20, 2020
Costa Deliziosa is Costa Cruises' only ship still cruising (since January 2020) and without port calls for a month despite the absence of suspected...April 18, 2020
Port Fremantle (Perth) is expected to host at least 4 new cruise liners diverted over the next 4 months due to coronavirus outbreaks on Asian routes...February 19, 2020
A large-sized Costa Cruises liner lost control in strong winds and almost crashed into Venice port. In videos uploaded to YouTube, Costa...July 8, 2019
- Cruise Industry
During the holidays, Costa Cruises will sail 3 of its vessels around the Caribbean, with each offering its own Christmas and New Year’s...August 3, 2018
A crew member is missing from Costa Deliziosa, according to the Dutch site cruisereiziger.nl. It is believed that he is overboard. The ship...April 2, 2017
- show more news
Other Costa Cruises cruise ships
Costa Deliziosa Wiki
Costa cruise ship Deliziosa was christened in Dubai UAE (Port Rashid Terminal) during the Inaugural cruise from Savona to Dubai (February 5, 2010). And because it's a Muslim territory, at the ceremony a bottle of juice was replaced the traditional Champagne "bottle smashing". The ceremony matched Port Rashid's cruise terminal opening.
Deliziosa is the 2nd of Costa's two Luminosa-class liners, with sistership Costa Luminosa. Ship's design is described as a hybrid between Spirit- and Vista-Class. Both Deliziosa and Luminosa are smaller than the typical Costa vessels and built to Panamax specifications (allowing transit through Panama Canal's old locks).
Deliziosa carries 340 original artworks and 4760 prints. Largest cabin is the Panorama Suite (sized 670 ft2 / 64 m2, aft location, with a wraparound balcony).
On December 21, 2015, the liner made its maiden call at USA's second busiest homeport - Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) Florida.
Costa World Cruise 2020
Next table shows the 112-day "Costa World Cruise 2020" itinerary as planned ports of call and port stay times (arrival/departure). Due to the global Coronavirus pandemic, the itinerary was altered (the voyage was subsequently cancelled) as on March 9th Costa Cruises suspended shipping operations fleetwide and globally.
Unlike many other cruise liners with COVID-19 cases onboard, Deliziosa had no people with flu-like symptoms.
Costa Deliziosa User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review