MSC Seaside deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
MSC Seaside deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2021-2022-2023 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by MSC Cruises deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the MSC Seaside cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on MSC Seaside staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
MSC Seaside (2017-built) is the first of three identical-class, revolutionary new as design and largest MSC cruise ships by the company’s “Seaside project”. Its sister is MSC Seaview (2018). Next in line are all four vessels (pax capacity 4,500, tonnage 167,600 GT) by the company’s “Vista project” (which are still unnamed, excepting MSC Meraviglia).
The MSC Seaside cruise ship deck plan shows 2066 staterooms for 4134 passengers (max capacity is 5336 guests), served by 1413 crew/staff (759 crew cabins). The boat has 18 decks, of which 14 are passenger-accessible and 10 with cabins.
Among the ship’s main features are:
- Seaview glass elevators (portside location) provide fast connections to upper decks’ outdoor areas. Both the walls and floors are made of thick transparent glass.
- The lower-positioned Lido Deck / Pool Deck features a sea-level Waterfront Promenade (circumnavigating the sides of the ship) that is enclosed by a glass wall. The Promenade has multiple duty-free shops and dining venues with outdoor seating areas (bars, restaurants, alfresco eateries).
- terraced cabins overlooking the Promenade Deck
- outdoor wellness facilities (spa and fitness) – including luxury cabanas (for outdoor spa treatments), two wellness cabins (with Kinesis Technogym equipment)
- 463,000 ft2 / 43,000 m2 public areas
- double-deck Atrium with a sea view (transparent glass wall)
- 3 catwalks with glass railings and glass floors extend beyond the edge of the ship. The one on the top deck is 100 ft / 30 m above sea level. The other two are on deck 8 (130 ft / 40 m in length) and are part of the outdoor promenade deck that fully encircles the ship.
- top-deck zip line (length 130 m / 426 ft – the longest at sea)
- New grades staterooms – luxury cruise suites (with Jacuzzi tubs on their private balconies) and connecting family cabins. Of all MSC Seaside staterooms, 6% are Suite accommodations and 72% are Balcony cabins.
- expanded and enhanced MSC Yacht Club complex (incl private lounge, solarium, swimming pool)
- 950-seats theater, 5D Cinema, 6 restaurants, 10 lounge bars (20 bars in total), 6 swimming pools
- The ship has all 9 eateries, including a Pan-Asian restaurant (via a partnership with Roy Yamaguchi), a premium steakhouse and a luxury seafood restaurant (with Chef’s Table / private dining room).
- largest kids play area – kids lounge that also has the LEGO playroom for special fun activities (branded as called “Lego Experience at Sea”) by the line’s new partnership with The Lego Group. The new program is complimentary, using LEGO materials for the following age-appropriate activities: LEGO DUPLO (kids 3- yo), Classic LEGO bricks plus Vertical Play Wall (kids 7-11 yo), and Building Happening (6-11 yo /themed builds).
- huge-size interactive Aqua Park with 5 high-tech waterslides and innovative all-ages attractions
The new-design MSC cruise ships also offer new onboard programming, including a new sports program (DOREBRO) for kids and teenagers, new theater show program, and an interactive cooking class (DOREMI Chef) lead by a Michelin chef.
The list of activities and signature features of the biggest MSC cruise ship water park includes:
- The trademarked “Slideboarding” is a 2-deck high slide that combines the real waterslide with a video game. Guests are able to race down this 367 ft / 112 m long water-slide on specially designed rafts. These are new-technology rafts that include an embedded video game controller with buttons in different colours. The goal of this “outdoor gaming” is to match the colours of the flashing lights in the slide’s sections with the buttons mounted on the raft. The “smart slide” uses a gaming system that identifies the riders, tracks their progress and shows the scores.
- The trademarked “Duelling High-Speed AquaTubes” waterslide is for competitive races. This slide’s length is 525 ft / 160 m, with numerous twists-turns-drops along the route.
- The tubes of the waterslides feature clear loops extending over the ship’s sides, so riders are able to enjoy (for a very short time) the sea view around and below.
- The trademarked “AquaPlay” and “AquaSpray” areas of the park provide the best vacation ever experiences for the youngest passengers. This is the place specifically designed for toddlers. AquaPlay features tipping buckets, spray cannons, water stream jets, rain-tree, and even a mini-slide. AquaSpray is for interactive activities – featuring jets, waterfalls, forts, etc.
- The Seaside’s aqua park builder is the Canadian “WhiteWater West Industries” (global waterpark attractions building company).
Connected directly to the waterpark, “Adventure Trail” is the name of the Seaside’s latest generation ropes course. It allows guests to enjoy the view of the open deck and the sea below by cross-crossing between bridges and towers, climbs and crawl-throughs, and the water-slides. The catch here is that the participants are totally open to water attacks by friends and family members operating the AquaSpray’s cannons.
MSC Seaside deck plans are property of MSC Cruises. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.