MSC Magnifica deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
MSC Magnifica deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2020-2021-2022 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by MSC Cruises deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the MSC Magnifica cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on MSC Magnifica staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
The MSC Magnifica cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1259 staterooms for 2518 passengers (max capacity is 3017 guests), served by 1040 crew and staff. The ship has 13 passenger decks (out of 16) with 6 restaurants, 17 lounges and bars, 3 swimming pools (1 covered pool “La Grotta Azzurra” with sliding roof) and 8 jacuzzies, 20 elevators.
MSC Magnifica deckplan changes 2021 refurbishment
In 2021, the liner will be drydocked for a USD 140 million reconstruction and refurbishment project. The project includes stretching the vessel by 23 m (76 ft) by cutting it in half and inserting midship a pre-fabricated section (hull and superstructure).
Following the drydock (January-March 2021), the ship will have 215 more cabins (including 92 with balconies), new Aqua Park (with waterslide), completely redesigned kids playground, 2 new restaurants, larger shopping complex. The number of staterooms will be increased from 1259 to 1774.
The refit project will create an additional 7000 m2 (75350 ft2) of onboard space. Ship's machinery will be also upgraded with new maritime technologies, among which the pro-environment SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction), AWT (Advanced Wastewater Treatment) and shoreside power capabilities.
"MSC for Me" Digital Innovation Program 2017-2018
Each of the MSC cruise ships will be fitted with thousands of connectivity points, digital access points, iBeacons (Bluetooth) and hundreds of interactive digital screens throughout the ship. In all staterooms will be implemented RFID (radio-frequency identification) and NFC (near-field communication) access technologies.
The new program will be implemented fleetwide, but first introduced on MSC Meraviglia. The cruise ship, launched in June 2017, was fitted with a total of 114 Interactive screens, 244 info screens, 31 virtual screens, 81 video wall monitors, 2244 cabins, (NFC entry-door opening), 3050 iBeacons, 700 WAPs (wireless access points), 1200 CCTV cameras.
Some of the MSC digitalization program's main features are:
- The apps implement facial recognition technology and interactive/smart bracelets by Samsung.
- Digital Concierge app - passengers can reserve/book onboard services, restaurants and shore excursions in real time. The app is real-time and 24-hour, connecting MSC customers to the company's experienced staff online.
- Capture - virtual reality tool to preview the cruise itinerary, create personal photo galleries, online sharing.
- Organizer - a cruise planning tool used at mobile devices. It provides detailed information and also allows pre-booking (tours, theater seats, dinner table, etc) before ship embarkation (pre-cruise booking) and while onboard (realtime cruise planner).
- Navigation - Interactive map (way finder) provides advice (scheduled events, opening hours, etc) and directions while on the ship. The app also allows real-time kids monitoring (via bracelets).
- TailorMade - digital advisor for personal recommendations based on the passenger's preferences (interactive gaming, gambling, culinary, recreational, entertainment, etc).
- Passengers can always opt out of all these connected ("Internet of things" / IoT) services offered.
MSC Magnifica deck plans are property of MSC Cruises. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.