MSC Musica deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Each of the MSC Musica cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on MSC Musica staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
The MSC Musica cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1275 staterooms for 2550 passengers (max capacity is 3223 guests), served by 1014 crew/staff. The ship has 13 passenger decks (out of 16, all named after musical terms/tempos) with 6 restaurants, 16 lounges and bars, 3 swimming pools and 7 jacuzzies, 20 elevators.
MSC Musica refurbishment 2019 review
The ship's last drydock refurbishment in 2019 (October 19 through November 12) was done at Port Marseille's Chantier Naval de Marseille Shipyard. The USD 40 million drydocking project included scheduled general maintenance works plus technology upgrades - including a new EGCSA (exhaust gas cleaning system / aka scrubbers). All staterooms and public areas were renovated.
Vessel's previous drydock was in 2016 (November).
"MSC for Me" Digital Innovation Program 2017-2018
Each of the MSC cruise ships will be fitted with thousands of connectivity points, digital access points, iBeacons (Bluetooth) and hundreds of interactive digital screens throughout the ship. In all staterooms will be implemented RFID (radio-frequency identification) and NFC (near-field communication) access technologies.
The new program will be implemented fleetwide, but first introduced on MSC Meraviglia. The cruise ship, launched in June 2017 cruise ship was fitted with a total of 114 Interactive screens, 244 info screens, 31 virtual screens, 81 video wall monitors, 2244 cabins ;(NFC entry-door opening), 3050 iBeacons, 700 WAPs (wireless access points), 1200 CCTV cameras.
Some of the MSC digitalization program's main features are:
- The apps implement facial recognition technology and interactive/smart bracelets by Samsung.
- Digital Concierge app - passengers can reserve/book onboard services, restaurants and shore excursions in real time. The app is real-time and 24-hour, connecting MSC customers to the company's experienced staff online.
- Capture - virtual reality tool to preview the cruise itinerary, create personal photo galleries, online sharing.
- Organizer - a cruise planning tool used at mobile devices. It provides detailed information and also allows pre-booking (tours, theater seats, dinner table, etc) before ship embarkation (pre-cruise booking) and while onboard (realtime cruise planner).
- Navigation - Interactive map (way finder) provides advice (scheduled events, opening hours, etc) and directions while on the ship. The app also allows real-time kids monitoring (via bracelets).
- TailorMade - digital advisor for personal recommendations based on the passenger's preferences (interactive gaming, gambling, culinary, recreational, entertainment, etc).
- Passengers can always opt out of all these connected ("Internet of things" / IoT) services offered.
MSC Musica deck plans are property of MSC Cruises. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.