MSC Sinfonia deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
MSC Sinfonia deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2020-2021-2022 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by MSC Cruises deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the MSC Sinfonia cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on MSC Sinfonia staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
MSC Sinfonia (built 2002, last refurbished in 2015 / stretched) is the second of the Lirica-class MSC cruise ships – together with Armonia, Lirica, and Opera. The Sinfonia ship joined the MSC Cruises fleet in 2005. Before that, she was operated by the Festival Cruises line (defunct) under the name “ms European Stars”.
The MSC Sinfonia cruise ship deck plan has a total of 777 staterooms for 1554 passengers (max capacity is 2223 guests), served by 770 crew and staff. The ship has 9 passenger decks (out of 13, all named after famous composers) with 4 restaurants, 8 lounges and bars, 2 swimming pools and 2 jacuzzies, 9 elevators.
MSC Sinfonia deck plan changes 2015 refurbishment review
The ship was majorly refitted and refurbished in 2015 (dry-dock between January 12 and March 16). There are substantial deck plan changes following the project since the cruise ship was stretched (elongated by 25 m / 82 ft). The list of refurbishment 2015 changes includes:
- All passenger cabins were renovated and upgraded as amenities
- New stateroom categories were introduced.
- A total of 193 new cruise cabins and suites were added (on decks 9-Tchaikovski, 10-Sibelius, 12-Bizet) plus 59 new crew cabins.
- An Aqua Park (named Spray Park, with waterfalls and interactive slides) was installed.
- Boutique shops were upgraded (new designs).
- A new luxury perfumes shop was added.
- The supervised kids' clubs and play areas were upgraded with equipment and toys by Chicco and LEGO.
The 10-week drydock 2015 was valued at nearly EUR 50 million.
"MSC for Me" Digital Innovation Program 2017-2018
Each of the MSC cruise ships will be fitted with thousands of connectivity points, digital access points, iBeacons (Bluetooth) and hundreds of interactive digital screens throughout the ship. In all staterooms will be implemented RFID (radio-frequency identification) and NFC (near-field communication) access technologies.
The new program will be implemented fleetwide, but first introduced on MSC Meraviglia. The cruise ship, launched in June 2017, was fitted with a total of 114 Interactive screens, 244 info screens, 31 virtual screens, 81 video wall monitors, 2244 cabins ;(NFC entry-door opening), 3050 iBeacons, 700 WAPs (wireless access points), 1200 CCTV cameras.
Some of the MSC digitalization program's main features are:
- The apps implement facial recognition technology and interactive/smart bracelets by Samsung.
- Digital Concierge app - passengers can reserve/book onboard services, restaurants and shore excursions in real time. The app is real-time and 24-hour, connecting MSC customers to the company's experienced staff online.
- Capture - virtual reality tool to preview the cruise itinerary, create personal photo galleries, online sharing.
- Organizer - a cruise planning tool used at mobile devices. It provides detailed information and also allows pre-booking (tours, theater seats, dinner table, etc) before ship embarkation (pre-cruise booking) and while onboard (realtime cruise planner).
- Navigation - Interactive map (way finder) provides advice (scheduled events, opening hours, etc) and directions while on the ship. The app also allows real-time kids monitoring (via bracelets).
- TailorMade - digital advisor for personal recommendations based on the passenger's preferences (interactive gaming, gambling, culinary, recreational, entertainment, etc).
- Passengers can always opt out of all these connected ("Internet of things" / IoT) services offered.
MSC Sinfonia deck plans are property of MSC Cruises. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.