Beginning in summer 2018, Princess Cruises passengers sailing in the Caribbean will benefit from a new experience with “Rhythm of the Caribbean,” featuring authentic dive into island life.
Passengers will also take advantage of insider tips on shore excursions at each port, immerse in cultural activities and dance under the stars to Caribbean rhythms. “Rhythms of the Caribbean” will be launched onboard Caribbean Princess in May 2018, and is due to roll out on additional vessels for upcoming fall-winter season.
A wide range of dishes will be available onboard that offer a fusion of Caribbean flavors. Some options include Puerto Rican mofongo, Jamaican jerk chicken, creole black mussels, red snapper, pineapple creme brulee.
Princess Cruises is planning to combine the region's history with locally-inspired ingredients for Caribbean cocktails. Examples include tropical coolers, colorful coladas, rum punch, mojitos, and regional rum tasting.
Other Fun offerings include:
- Caribbean Festival: in association with Princess Cruises “Festivals of the World,” the Caribbean spirit comes to life onboard as passengers celebrate local culture with themed activities, parties, musical performances.
- Indoor Planetarium Experience: Princess and Discovery at Sea invite guests on a cruise to the stars to view the moon, planets, constellations and galaxies.
- Parrots in the Piazza: guests are able to meet local parrots and macaws in the ship's atrium while learning about their habits.
- Party Like a Local: high-energy party on the Lido deck, with live music, performers, and cocktails. At the Terrace Pool Gold Party passengers can spend the night dancing under the stars, inspired by tales of treasure-laden pirate boats and sunken gold.
- Pirate-Themed Activities: during a themed party younger landlubbers enjoy swashbuckling’ fun while learning how to talk, dress and even dance like a pirate.
- Stories from Deep Sea Explorers: passengers can meet real-life shipwreck and treasure hunters as they share tales of their adventures exploring Caribbean, investigating legends of treasure and recovery operations.