Viking Cruises announced line's most comprehensive itinerary to date via the new Ultimate World Cruise, that spans 245 days, 6 continents, 59 countries and a total of 113 ports, with 22 overnights and full circumnavigation of the globe: the longest-ever continuous world cruise.
Within the 245-day itinerary, Viking also offers passengers an option to sail one of a couple of shorter segments during the voyage. Guest can choose between 127-day Viking World Treasures from London to Los Angeles which visits 33 countries and 61 cruise ports, or 119-day Viking World Wonders from Los Angeles to London which visits 29 countries and 55 cruise ports.
Viking's Ultimate World Cruise offers included excursions in every port that allow guests to immerse themselves in the different cultures. The Viking Way of exploration provides additional, optional trips that give an insight into Local Life, Working World and feature Privileged Access visits to different cultural institutions.
Overnights in 22 cities allow passengers to delve deeper into various destinations. Viking's Culture Curriculum provdes additional enrichment onboard with regional entertainment, lectures and learning opportunities as part of Viking Resident program.
Highlights of the Ultimate World Cruise include:
- Greenwich: London at Your Door
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: Peak of Brazilian Culture
- Ushuaia, Argentina: "End of the World"
- Hobart, Tasmania: An Island of History and Wilderness
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam: Vibrant Saigon
- Mumbai, India: The Front Door to India
- Luxor, Egypt: Temples and Tombs
- Eight All-New Ports in South America.