Royal Caribbean recently unveiled its 2020 Alaska summer season.
The return of the largest cruise ship to sail Gulf of Alaska, Ovation of the Seas, alongside a couple of Radiance Class ships, Radiance of the Seas and Serenade of the Seas, will mark Royal Caribbean's biggest presence in the region yet. Prior to sailing to the Last Frontier, Radiance and Ovation will visit Hawaii, while Serenade of the Seas sails Panama Canal and Golden Coast.
- Ovation of the Seas is due to return for her 2nd consecutive season to feature 7-night itineraries from Seattle WA. The vessel gives vacationers the chance to catch Juneau's Northern Lights, relive Klondike Gold Rush in Skagway, and sail through Endicott Arm fjord, as well as stroll the streets of one of the Pacific Northwest's oldest cities in Victoria BC.
- For the first time since 2009, the Serenade of the Seas cruise ship heads west as she repositions from winter in the Southern Caribbean to Vancouver BC, making 2020 the first summer season of Royal Caribbean with 3 ships in Alaska. Serenade offers 7-night itineraries through the 500-mile shoreline that is the Inside Passage, visiting Ketchikan, Juneau, Icy Strait Point.
- Radiance of the Seas is once again due to offer 7-night itineraries between Vancouver and Seward. The ship is due to sail on alternating Southbound and Northbound Alaska routes.
- In repositioning to the seasonal summer homeports, all 3 Royal Caribbean ships chart their own courses through off-the-beaten-path locales. Serenade of the Seas sails through one of the biggest engineering projects ever undertaken, making her way from Fort Lauderdale FL to Los Angeles CA on a 15-night Westbound Panama Canal cruise departing on May 4, 2020. Along the trip, guests can encounter the cultures of Central America visiting Cartagena, Colon, Puntarenas, Puerto Quetzal, Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas. On May 19, 2020, Serenade of the Seas heads to Vancouver BC to navigate Pacific Coast on a 7-night itinerary.
- Both Radiance and Ovation visit the Hawaii Islands. Ovation of the Seas embarks on her 12-night sailing from Honolulu, calling at Maui, Kailua Kona and Kilauea Volcano on May 7, 2020.
- Also sailing out of Honolulu and departing May 5, 2020, Radiance of the Seas offers a 10-night itinerary with ports of call including Maui, Kailua Kona, Hilo, Kauai.