75 Wharf Street, Lahaina, Hawaii 96761
74 °F / 24 °C
Lahaina is a cruise port and town located on Maui Island (Hawaii's second largest - after Hawaii). The town is on island's western coast and has total area approx 24 km2 (9 ml2) and population around 12,000 (reaching up to 40,000 during high-season / winter months).
Lahaina comprises the coastal area along Route 30 out of a tunnel (at the south end) and via Olowalu to Napili-Honokowai (north). There are different climates in the different Lahaina districts. The historic district is the calmest and the driest, also hosting the small harbor. Kaanapali features frequent breezes. Napili and Kapalua have almost 4 times the annual rainfall in comparison with Lahaina.
In the period 1820-1845, Lahaina was the capital of Kingdom of Hawaii (1795-1895). In 1845, the capital was moved to Honolulu. During the 19th century, the port served mainly the whaling industry, with sailing ships anchoring at the waterfront. Lahaina's popularity as a top-US tropical vacation travel destination made its real estate industry one of Hawaii's most lucrative. Now many of its luxury condos and homes are sold for over USD 2 million.
As cruise port, Lahaina is a gateway to some of Hawaii's best beaches, historic sites, art galleries, cuisine and folk traditions. The port is often included in the itinerary programs of larger cruise companies like Princess, Holland America, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean.
Lahaina cruise terminal
Lahaina is often a tender port as it has only 1 berth (near downtown) and only two anchorages.
The major Maui airport is Kahului Airport. There are several US airlines providing flights from US West Coast to Maui Island. Ferries from Lahaina link to Lanai island. Public transportation services are not common for Lahaina as everything is within a walking distance. Local means of transportations include car-rentals and taxis.
Lahaina tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
One of the prettiest Hawaiian towns offers a lot of possibilities for activities and entertainment.
Some of the Shore excursion that you can join are:
- a humpback whale search.
- the heavenly road to Hana, the seven sacred pools.
- Haleakala Crater.
After you disembark at Lahaina cruise port, you can easily reach the tourist area and see some of its highlights:
- The Old Lahaina Lighthouse: located at the north side of the harbor, 26′ tower, there is an oil lantern at the top of it. King Kamehameha III commissioned the lighthouse in 1840. it main purpose was to help the navigation of whaleboats. In 1905, the old Lahaina Lighthouse was rebuilt.
- The Banyan Tree: currently it is more than 60 ft tall. It grows since 1873.
- The Waiola Churchyard: the last home of many local historical figures and legends. In the graveyard are buried William Richards, Governor and Kalakua Hoapili, early missionaries and Hawaiian leaders.
- The Wo Hing Museum: it used to be a two story temple, built in 1912. It belonged to Chee Kung Tong. The place was restored by the Lahaina Restoration Society in 1983.
- Sugar Kane Train: ride between Lahaina, Ka?anapali and Pu?uokilli?i for 45 minutes on that steam train century-old. The train can be caught from the Lahaina Station.
- Kaanapali Beach: one of the most beautiful world beaches. The place will charm you with its crystal water in light blue and sands in white. The air and water temperatures are always absolutely perfect for unforgettable time.
Port Lahaina cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Lahaina, Maui Island, Hawaii. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|12 September, 2019|
|16 September, 2019|
|Radiance Of The Seas||08:00||23:00|
|21 September, 2019|
|24 September, 2019|
|27 September, 2019|
|Ovation Of The Seas||08:00||23:00|
The Lahaina cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Lahaina, Maui Island, Hawaii.
If you lose the Lahaina location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.