World's largest privately-owned cruise company MSC Cruises announced it is extending its suspension of sailings through July 31. MSC had previously suspended voyages through July 11, 2020. On Thursday, June 4, MSC said that it expected to resume service in phases.
In a statement, the company's CEO Gianni Onorato said that their ships would return to service "only when the time is right, in phases and by region, and following guidance from the relevant national and international health and other regulatory authorities.”
MSC Cruises also expects to announce a new health and safety protocol that is due to help guarantee safety onboard.
All passengers on the cancelled sailings will receive a 125% FCC (future cruise credit) to be used before December 31, 2021. Vacationers can also request a 100% refund for all the money paid instead of the FCC.
The company extended its Cruise Assurance program until October 31 that allows customers to cancel their voyage up to 48-hours before a departure and reschedule for any cruise ship and any itinerary on/before December 31, 2021.