Princess Cruises announced unveiled the maiden season for its Diamond Princess, sailing to South America & Antarctica in fall 2021-spring 2022, replacing Sapphire Princess on the deployment from December through March.
The maiden season's itineraries include:
- Dec 1, 2021: Andes & South America
- Dec 1, 2021: Antarctica, Andes & Cape Horn Grand Adventure
- Dec 19, 2021: Antarctica & Cape Horn
- Jan 4 and 20, 2022: Antarctica & Cape Horn
- Feb 5, 19 and March 5, 2022: Cape Horn & Strait of Magellan
- Mar 5, 2022: Andes & Cape Horn Grand Adventure
- Mar 19, 2022: Andes & South America
In addition, the Diamond Princess ship will sail on a couple of new Pacific Crossings to/from Asia in fall 2021-spring 2022 as well as sail the North Pacific with either Southeast Asia & Hawaii or Hawaii & Japan. The sailings are between Los Angeles CA and either Singapore or Tokyo (Yokohama).
As a result of the change, 3 Sapphire Princess Baja Peninsula and Sea of Cortez voyages and 3 Hawaiian Islands sailings in fall 2021-spring 2022 will be cancelled.