Scenic Cruises unveiled the 2022-2023 Antarctica & South America programme of Scenic Eclipse.
The brochure of Scenic Eclipse features Scenic Freechoice options, new discovery experiences, and an itinerary sailing Antarctica’s Weddell Sea, along with a range of South America luxury land trip extensions. Each itinerary has been selected to give passengers true immersion in the remote region.
Highlights of the 2022-2023 programme include:
- A new 16-day Into the Weddell Sea cruise that crosses into the Weddell Sea is possible due to Scenic Eclipse’s Polar Class 6 rating, industry-leading features, and world-class design. Passengers enjoy 24 hours of daylight during Christmas and New Year’s sailing while paddling by kayak or getting up close to the wildlife on a stand-up paddleboard experience. Prices start at CAD$26,225 per person, double occupancy, on a December 20, 2022, departure.
- Scenic Eclipse’s helicopter trips have been expanded to include helicopter ice landings so passengers can head for an in-depth exploration of the Antarctic landscape. The more adventurous can ski on Antarctica’s terrain, as the onboard helicopters take guests to the top of its mountain slopes on helicopter skiing trips.
- Scenic Neptune, Scenic Eclipse’s submarine, is the first submersible permitted to operate in South Georgian waters. Passengers will be embarking on an underwater discovery with a submarine capable of diving up to 1,000 feet below the surface while keeping vacationers enclosed with 270-degree views.
Scenic Cruises has also added 3 new 8-day land tour extensions, all with a maximum of 20 guests. The prices shown are the combined voyage and land add-on fares.
- Glaciers & Wilderness - Argentinean Patagonia is a brand new tour in Argentinean Patagonia, beginning in El Calafate and ending El Chalten. Passengers take in the Perito Moreno Glacier, view majestic wildlife, and stay at picturesque accommodations. Scenic Cruises have exclusive use of the Explora El Chalten resort. The 8-day tour can be combined with the 13-day Antarctica in Depth (CAD$32,840 pp), 20-day Antarctica, South Georgia & Falkland Islands (CAD$41,175 pp), or 14-day Chilean Fjords & Cape Horn (CAD$25,838 pp).
- Wild Landscapes of Atacama - a new Chilean tour, beginning and ending in Santiago (Valparaiso). The focus is on exploring vibrant Chile. Passengers enjoy stellar accommodations at Explora Atacama, situated in the oasis of San Pedro de Atacama. The 8-day tour can be combined with the 14-day Chilean Fjords & Cape Horn (CAD$22,788 pp) or the 11-day Latin America Delights (CAD$17,400 pp).
- Icons of Peru, a Luxury Journey explores Peru, beginning and ending in Cuzco. This 8-day tour can be added to the 11-day Latin America Delights (CAD$20,070 pp) or the 11-day Peru to Panama: Along the Andean Coast (CAD$21,145 pp).
All cruises are all-inclusive, meaning flights, premium beverages, meals with up to ten dining experiences, shore trips, and even the in-suite mini-bar are all included as standard. An expert Discovery Team of up to 20 members is onboard to lead Scenic Discovery trips and to host engaging education programs. Complimentary water bottles, expedition parkas, and use of polar boots are available for all passengers while in the polar regions.