GBP13M Isle of Man's Liverpool ferry terminal additional funding put on hold

   July 25, 2021 ,   Cruise Industry

A decision over the extra GBP 13,8 million for the Isle of Man Government-funded ferry terminal in Liverpool England was pushed back until at least October 2021.

The bid for an increase to the GBP 38M already approved was expected to be put forward by Tim Baker (Infrastructure Minister) at Tynwald's July sitting. However, politicians criticized the amount of time they'd been given to scrutinize the rise in costs.

Now, the decision has been put in the hands of the next administration.

Work on the brand new terminal at Princes Half Tide Dock, close to the existing terminal at Pier Head, started in late 2019.

Port of Liverpool (England)

Tim Baker had previously said the need for more money was because of the impact of the Coronavirus/COVID crisis, additional work on the quay wall, as well as unexpected issues with the site.

He said that although he had thought it would be "wrong" to leave uncertainty over the project for the next administration, the delay would not hinder the continued progress of the scheme "in the short-term".

This website uses cookies and local storage. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies and local storage.