All Scenic Opal cabins are with max capacity of 2 guests per cabin. With the exception of the lower (Jewel Deck 1) cabins (water level location), all other staterooms (80%) are balcony cabins. They are advertised by Scenic Tours as “Suite” accommodations with “Sun Lounges”. Each of those has a private (step-out) balcony for all-weather use. The number of cabin categories is 16.
Follows review of Scenic Opal staterooms as furniture, price-included amenities and complimentary services:
- All Scenic Opal rooms have queen beds (some convertible to twin beds, with deluxe Egyptian cotton bedding sets /sheets and duvets /Single Suite cabin #224 has single bed), bedside tables, private en-suite luxury bathroom (WC, sink, shower cubicle, lighted mirror, color lighting system, luxury bath products /shampoo, liquid soap, conditioner, body lotion), slide-door closets (hangers, drawers, shelves), flat HDTV (linked to a Mac mini computer, with Infotainment system plus “View From the Bridge” /real time webcam views), desk, book case, leather stool), safe, mini-bar (complimentary, restocked daily with soda, juice, sparkling water, liqueur, snacks), iPod station (with clock), hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, umbrella, individual climate control, 220V power outlets (European and Australian sockets /American passengers need adapters).
- Jewel Deck rooms are with fixed (non-opening) Picture Windows located high-up on the riverside wall.
- All Suites are with floor-ceiling sliding doors opening to a private, full-size veranda (furnished with round table and wicker chairs). These new-design balconies are widely known as “Sun Lounge” balcony. This is actually a glass-enclosed sitting area (part of the cabin) located behind opening floor-ceiling windows, with sheers and blackout curtains behind the windows. The “sun lounge” part of the room can easily transform into an outdoor veranda at the push of a button.
- Suite bathrooms are with large glass-enclosed showers with doors.
- Junior Suites have bathtubs and expanded vanity sink areas with mirrored cabinets.
- Royal Panorama Suites are the largest accommodations on the ship, with aft-wall windows, large sitting area (with couch) and bathroom (separate shower/bathtub).
- Royal Suites have large sitting area, bathrooms (with separate bathtub/shower, ample cabinet space).
- The only one single cabin on the Opal ship as size is the same as a balcony suite, and is available for booking with single-occupancy cruise rates.
- You can see all the furniture details on Scenic Opal cabin plans in the above table.
- Complimentary butler service is for all passengers, and includes shoeshine, shore excursions arrangements, Spa/Sauna reservations, drinks. Bonus perks for guests in all grades balcony cabins are cocktail parties arrangements and morning coffee/tea service.
- Diamond Deck Suites guests’ additional perks are the room service breakfast and complimentary pressing (2 items daily).
- Royal Suite butlers also do luggage unpacking/repacking, free laundry/pressing and in-room dining service.
- Laundry/pressing service for a fee is available for all Standard cabins guests. There are no self-serve laundry facilities on the ship.