Aswan is a Nile River cruise port located in southern Egypt. The city has population around 290,000.
- Aswan is the ancient Swenett city, which in antiquity was a frontier town of Ancient Egypt which faced the south. The city of Swenett is has probably derived its name from the Egyptian goddess with the same name.
- The Nile is around 650 m (0,40 ml) wide above Aswan city. From this frontier town to Egypt's northern extremity, the river flows for over 1,200 km (750 ml) without cataract or bar. The voyage to Alexandria usually took 21-28 days in favourable weather.
- Aswan features a hot desert climate like the rest of Egypt. Luxor and Aswan have the hottest summer days of any settlement in Egypt. Aswan is among the world's driest, hottest and sunniest cities. Average temperatures are consistently above 40°C (104°F) during summer (in June, July, August and September). Winters are short and extremely warm. Wintertime is pleasant while summertime is unbearably hot.
- South Valley University was inaugurated in 1999 and it has 3 branches: Qena, Hurghada and Aswan. The university grew steadily and is now firmly established as a major higher education institution in Upper Egypt.
- The city of Aswan is a popular travel destination, served by an International Airport, as well as regular train and bus services. Among the most popular attractions are Nubia Museum, Archangel Michael's Orthodox Cathedral, El-Tabia Mosque, Lotus-Tower.
Highlights: Aswan High Dam, Lake Nasser, Philae, Botanical Gardens, Abu Simbel
The Aswan cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Aswan, Egypt.
If you lose the Aswan location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Aswan cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Aswan, Egypt. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
1 July, 2017
6 July, 2017
7 July, 2017
8 July, 2017
13 July, 2017
14 July, 2017
15 July, 2017
16 July, 2017
17 July, 2017
18 July, 2017
20 July, 2017
21 July, 2017
22 July, 2017
27 July, 2017
28 July, 2017
29 July, 2017
30 July, 2017
31 July, 2017