Chateau-Thierry is a Marne River cruise port and town located in Aisne (Hauts-de-France, province Champagne, France). Chateau-Thierry is approx 90 km (56 ml) to the east from Paris. The town covers a total area of approx 17 km2 (6 ml2) and has population around 15,000.
- The origin of the town's name is unknown. Local tradition assigns it to Theuderic IV, a Merovingian king imprisoned by Charles Martel. The town is well known as the birthplace of the French poet Jean de La Fontaine (1621-1695).
- The town was also the location of the First Battle of Marne (WW1, September 7-12, 1914) and the Second Battle of Marne (aka Battle of Reims, WW1, July 15-August 6, 1918).
- In the 19th and 201th centuries, here were fought two major battles: in 1814 the Battle of Chateau-Thierry (Napoleonic Wars between Prussia and France) and in 1918 the Battle of Chateau-Thierry (WW1 between Germany and the USA). The American Monument is on the next photo.
Chateau-Thierry is a terminus train station of the regional railway line starting from Paris (Gare de l'Est). The town is one of the exits of A4 motorway linking country's capital city with eastern France. Local bus routes are operated by Transval.
Highlights: WW1 Battle
Chateau Thierry tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- American Monument (overlooks the town)
- WW1 Aisne-Marne American Cemetery and Memorial (located south of of Belleau)
- guided walking tour (castle walls, Balhan tower)
- Medieval churches (including Saint-Crepin Church - built in the 15th century)
- Champagne vineyards
Port Chateau Thierry cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Chateau Thierry, France. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|30 June, 2018|
|1 July, 2018|
|3 July, 2018|
|14 July, 2018|
|15 July, 2018|
The Chateau Thierry cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Chateau Thierry, France.
If you lose the Chateau Thierry location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.