Chukotka Peninsula (aka Chukchi Peninsula) is the Asia's eastmost peninsula, located in northeastern Siberia (Russia) and along the Northeast Passage (aka Northern Sea Route). At its eastern end is Cape Dezhnev (near Uelen). Chukchi Peninsula is bordered to the north by Chukchi Sea, to the south by Bering Sea and to the east by the Bering Strait.
- Main industries on the Chukotka Peninsula are mining (for lead, zinc, tin, gold, also coal), hunting/trapping, reindeer raising, fishing.
- Providence Bay (aka Bukhta Provideniya) is a fjord on the Peninsula's southern coast. In the 19th-early 20th centuries, this bay was a popular wintering and provisioning spot for whalers and fur traders. Komsomolskaya Bay (fka Emma Harbor) is a large-sized sheltered bay in the Providence Bay's eastern part.
- On Komsomolskaya Bay are the Provideniya Bay village (aka Port Providence) and the Provideniya Bay Airport.
- Natalia Bay is another popular destination for wildlife watching - nesting seabirds (least and crested auklets, tufted and horned puffins, guillemots /in the auk family, and many other). Here can be also visited Reindeer Processing Plant ruins.
- Proliv Senyavina Hot Springs - ships anchor at open sea and transport ashore their passengers by Zodiacs entering a small lagoon. Follows short hiking across tundra to reach the hot springs. There is a small pool (prepared by the locals), but you can also go directly into the stream.
Highlights: Chukchi Peninsula, Naturalist's paradise
Chukotka Peninsula cruise terminal
(Usually small-sized and luxury) cruise ships to Chukotka Peninsula visit some of the following port towns (Chukchi villages):
- Novoye Chaplino
The Chukotka Peninsula cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Chukotka Peninsula, Russia.
If you lose the Chukotka Peninsula location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Chukotka Peninsula cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Chukotka Peninsula, Russia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
4 July, 2017
5 July, 2017
6 July, 2017