Kas is a small fishing, yachting, diving and tourist port town, as well as a district of Antalya Province, Turkey, located 168 km (104 ml) west of the city of Antalya. The district covers a total area of approx 1,866 km2 (720,78 ml2) and has population of around 53,630 people (2012 census).
- As a tourist resort, Kas is relatively unspoilt. It lies on a hill running down to Turquoise Coast, southwestern Turkey. The district features a typical Mediterranean climate of dry, hot summers and wet, warm winters, which enables the growth of bananas, oranges and lemons. The lowland areas are planted with cut flowers and various fruits and vegetables, many of which are grown under glass all year round. The hillsides produce almonds and honey, while at high altitudes extensive pine forests are found. Although agriculture is still of great importance, tourism is the major source of income in the district, featuring a lot of guest houses and hotels.
- About 6 km (4 ml) offshore from Kas is situated the Greek islet of Kastelorizo ("Meis Adası" in Turkish) served dayily by a Turkish ferry with the option of returns on the same day.
- Places of interest in Kas include the Hellenistic theatre and other sites of historical interest. The citty has spots of natural beauty, such as excellent beaches and interesting caves, some of which underwater.
- Kas is one of the leading sites in Turkey for scuba diving.There are several underwater spots, with one of them an underwater sculpture of shark by Kemal Tufan.
- Sailing enthusiasts are able to benefit from a spacious, new marina with all needed facilities for short and long stays. The mountains located behind the coast offer numberless places for climbing, canyoning and trekking.
- Another interesting spot are the ruins of the antique Komba cities (in the village of Gömbe), Apollonia, Isinda, Istlada, Kandyba, Kyaenai, Nisa and Phellos.
- A popular excursion from Kas is Kekova island in neighbouring Demre district. Here in the splendid bays travellers will see unique variety of ancient ships' wrecks and ancient towns sunk under the sea due to earthquakes. The sea is perfectly clear, so the details of the buildings like staircases or columns are seen from the boat.
- In December 2006 the city of Kas was added to the protected Kekova marine area to preserve its rich biodiversity.
Highlights: Kekova, Simena, Apollonia, Myra tombs, Patara,
The Kas cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Kas, Turkey.
If you lose the Kas location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Kas cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Kas, Turkey. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
- April, 2017
|Day||Ships in port|
19 April, 2017