Kas is a small port town, as well as fishing, yachting, diving and travel destination in Antalya Province (southwestern Turkey), The town has population around 55,000, and is located approx 168 km (104 ml) west of Antalya.
- As a tourist resort, Kas is relatively unspoilt. It lies on a hill running down to Turquoise Coast. The region has typical Mediterranean climate with dry and hot summers and wet and warm winters. It enables the growth of bananas, oranges and lemons. Lowland areas are planted with cut flowers and various fruits and vegetables, many of which are grown under glass all year round. Hillsides produce almonds and honey. Although agriculture is of great importance, tourism is the major source of income in the district, featuring numerous guest houses and hotels.
- About 6 km (4 ml) offshore from Kas is the Greek island Kastellorizo served dayily by a Turkish ferry with optional returns on the same day.
- Places of interest in Kas include Hellenistic theatre and other historical sites, excellent beaches and interesting caves, some of which underwater.
- Kas is among Turkey's best destinations for scuba diving, having several very popular underwater locations. The mountains offer popular activities like climbing, canyoning, trekking.
- Sailing boat and yacht tourists benefit from a new marina with all modern facilities for short and long stays.
- Another tourist attraction are the ruins of Komba (in the village Gombe), Apollonia, Isinda, Istlada, Kandyba, Kyaenai, Nisa, Phellos.
- A popular shore excursion from Kas is Kekova island. In the bays there can be seen a variety of ancient ships' wrecks and towns sunk under the sea after earthquakes. The water is perfectly clear, so the details of the buildings can be clearly seen from the tour boat.