Lopud Island (one of the Elaphiti Islands) is located in Adriatic Sea, off the Croatia's Dalmatian coast. The island covers a total area of approx 4,5 km2 (1,7 ml2) and has a population of around 220 people.
- Lopud Island can be reached by boat (ferry) from Trsteno, Orasac, Zaton and also from Dubrovnik.
- Lopud is the Elaphiti islands' 2nd largest (after Kolocep and before Sipan). Its highest elevation point is 214 m (702 ft) Polecica. The isle is also the most economically developed in the group.
- On July 22, 1813, seamen and marines from HMS Weazel and HMS Saracen captured the French garrison on Lopud Island, which consisted of 6 guns and 59 men.
- The Island is famous for its beautiful sandy beaches, in particular Sunj Bay. There are many things to do here. A beautiful park is situated 10-15 min away in which there are amazing flower and animal species.
- For those who like to walk, there is a pathway around most of the Island. At Lopud's curve, there is a great place where tourists can take pictures of the place itself and the sunset.
- There are many sports travellers could do, such as soccer, diving, kayaking, etc. Thjose who like taking road trips must have in mind that cars are not part of the choice because the Island has no cars, just small golf cars, and instead, there are plenty of boats that require little money and take guests around all the other islands named elafiti and show all the other treasures of Croatia.
- On Lopud Island, there are many restaurants which serve traditional Croatian food and food from Dubrovnik. There are many shops selling traditional Croatian desserts.
Lopud Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Lopud Island Croatia dock (anchor) at Lopud - port town on the north-western coast.
The Lopud Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Lopud Island, Lopud, Croatia.
If you lose the Lopud Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.