Mahe cruise port is located in the Indian Ocean on the largest Seychelles Island. The Mahe Island amazes with its beauty and nature. The scenery includes extensive breathtaking gardens and tall impressive mountains. The tourists are attracted not only by the rare plants but also by the rich heritage of Indian, Chinese, European and African culture.
Mahe cruise port is surrounded by beautiful coral reefs. The specialties of the locals include exotic things like coconut curries, la daube and kat-kat banane. The second largest Seychelles island is only 15 minutes from Mahe cruise port by air.
Highlights: Victoria, Botanical Gardens, Beaches, Sainte Anne Marine National Park
Mahe Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Mahe Island dock (anchor) at Victoria (Seychelles' capital). Mahe cruise port terminal is located at Port Victoria. It the capital of the island and the region’s deepest harbour located in the north-eastern part of the island. Victoria is famous with its export of good including guano, vanilla, soap, coconut oil, coconuts and tortoise shell.
Mahe cruise port terminal is 20 minutes from the city by walk. You can use taxi, bus services or rent a bike.
The official language is Creole, English and French are widely spoken. The local currency is Seychellois rupee, SCR. The cruising season is all year round. Mahe cruise port terminal is not a dedicated one but offers enough facilities.
Seychelles International Airport (SEZ or Aeroport de La pointe Larue, served by major international airlines) in close and there is frequent bus service from Mahe cruise port terminal.
Mahe Island tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Beaches: the main attraction. The island offers 68 amazing beaches with white sands and endless sun. There are two in walking distance from Mahe cruise port terminal. The three top-rated Seychelles beaches are located in Mahe, the most popular one is Beau Vallon Beach.
- The Natural History Museum: located at the heart of Victoria. You can discover the history and live on the island and see some of its treasures. Some of the displays include extinct Seychelles crocodile and a vessel wreck dating from 1570.
- The Botanical Garden: it spreads over 15 acres. It is located on the Victoria’s south side and there you can see orchids, giant tortoises and indigenous trees selection.
- Morne Seychellois National Park: here you can see the highest Seychelles’ peak – Morne Seychellois.
- Seychelles Tea and Coffee Company: take a tour at the company on the Blanc and Mountain’s top and discover the coffee production process.
- Take a history glimpse: you can visit the courthouse or the post office near Mahe cruise port terminal. Monte Seychellois houses mission ruins.
- Kaz Zanana: the former house of George Camille, an artist, is a Creole architectural masterpiece.
Hotels near Mahe Island cruise port terminal
- Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa
- Villa Dolce Vita Seychelles
- Bay View Villa
- BayView Seychelles
- Constance Ephélia
- Maia Luxury Resort & Spa Seychelles
- Evergreen Apartments
- Jamelah Beach Guest House
- Bel Air Hotel
- Reef Holiday Apartments
- Coral Strand Smart Choice
- Kempinski Seychelles Resort
- Sables d’Or
- Bayview Studio
- La Roussette
- Lighthouse 65
- La Villa Therese
- Copolia Lodge
- Le Manglier
- Le Triskell
The Mahe Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Mahe Island, Victoria, Seychelles.
If you lose the Mahe Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Mahe Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Mahe Island, Victoria, Seychelles. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
22 October, 2017
31 October, 2017