Noshiro is a port city located in Japan's northern Akita Prefecture. The city covers a total area of approx 426,95 km2 (164,85 ml2) and has a population of around 54,580 people (2016 census).
- Noshiro is situated in the flat coastal plains of northwestern Akita Prefecture, bordered to the west by the Sea of Japan. Yoneshiro River flows through Noshiro and empties into Sea of Japan close to Noshiro Port. Mount Yakeyama is the highest point at 963 m (3,160 ft).
- Per Nihon Shoki and various other ancient chronicles, the city of Noshiro is the site where an expedition sent by Yamato Court led by the governor of Koshi Province, Abe no Hirafu, landed in 658 AD with orders to make local Emishi tribes in submission. Trade ships from Balhae were visiting Port Noshiro as late as 771AD.
- The area of today Noshiro was part of ancient province of Dewa, dominated by Satake clan during Edo period, who ruled Kubota Domain under Tokugawa shogunate.
- The modern Noshiro city was created via the merger of Noshirominato town, Sakaki and and Shinonome villages (all formerly from the district of Yamamoto) on October 1, 1940.
- On March 21, 2006 Futatsui town from Yamamoto District was merged with Noshiro.
- Noshiro's economy is based on commercial fishing and agriculture.
- Noshiro has twelve elementary schools, 7 middle schools, 4 high schools, and one special education school.
Highlights: Towada-Hachimantai National Park, Great Drum House
The Noshiro cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Noshiro, Japan.
If you lose the Noshiro location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Noshiro cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Noshiro, Japan. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
20 May, 2017