Pare-Pare is a port city (kota) located in South Sulawesi, Indonesia. The city has a population of around 129,540 people (2010 census).
- Pare-Pare lies on Sulawesi's southwest coast, approx 155 km (96 ml) north of the provincial capital city of Makassar. A port city, it is among the major population centers of Bugis people.
- The 3rd President of Indonesia, Jusuf Habibie, was born in Parepare.
- In the early development of the plateau, it was only a thicket of bushes that with slightly sloping land, growing irregularly wild and ranging from Cappa Edge (the northern side) up to the city in the south. As the time went by, the bushes became the city of Pare-Pare.
- Originally, there was the kingdom of Suppa (14th century) and Bacukiki Kingdom (15th century).
- The words Pare-Pare derives from the sentence of King of Gowa “Bajiki Ni Pare”, translated to "Ports in the region are good.” Since then, the name “Pare-Pare” refers to Port City.
- Pare-Pare was finally visited by Malays people. They came to trade into Suppa region.
Highlights: Java, Torajaland, traditional villages
The Pare-Pare cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Pare-Pare, Sulawesi, Indonesia.
If you lose the Pare-Pare location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Pare-Pare cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Pare-Pare, Sulawesi, Indonesia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
17 March, 2018