Peenemunde (translated to "River Mouth") is a municipality located on the Baltic Sea island of Usedom, Vorpommern-Greifswald district (Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany). It covers a total area of approx 24,97 km2 (9,64 ml2) and has a population of around 250 people (2015 census).
- Peenemunde is part of the municipal confederation of Amt, Usedom-Nord. The community is famous for its Peenemunde Army Research Center: the first functional large-scale liquid-propellant rocket in the world, V-2, was developed here.
- During the World War II, the area was involved in the production of V-2 rocket, until the production was relocation to Nordhausen. The docks of the village were used for the ships that recovered the wreckage V-2 from test launches over Baltic Sea.
- The post-war port of Peenemunde was a Soviet naval base until it was turned over to East Germany's armed forces in 1952. Initially, the seaport facilities were used by the East German Seepolizei after new facilities for police motorboats were built. On December 1, 1956 the headquarters of First Fleet of East German Volksmarine was established at port of Peenemünde.
- The birthplace of contemporary rocket science is now displayed at Peenemünde Historical Technical Museum, WWII museum on European Route of Industrial Heritage which opened in 1992 in the power station of former Army Testing Site and the area of WWII power station (today part of the village). Exhibits include V-1 and V-2.
- The village of Peenemunde with its seaport is situated on the westernmost extremity of long sand-spit, where Peene empties into Baltic Sea, in Usedom Island's northwestern part. To the southeast it borders on the Karlshagen sea resort.
- Peenemünde harbour is reached by ferry boat across Peene from Kroslin. Liners run also along the Baltic coast to Rugen Island. The local railway station is Usedomer Baderbahn line's northern terminus to Zinnowitz. Air service is available at Peenemunde Airfield.
Highlights: Ahlbeck, Heringsdorf
The Peenemunde cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Peenemunde, Usedom Island, Germany.
If you lose the Peenemunde location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Peenemunde cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Peenemunde, Usedom Island, Germany. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
15 July, 2017