Ponce is both a port city and municipality located in the southern part of Puerto Rico. The city covers a total area of approx 150 km2 (193,6 ml2) and has a population of around 166,330 people (2010 census).
- Ponce is Puerto Rico's most populated city situated outside San Juan metropolitan area. It is named for Juan Ponce de Leon y Loayza, great-grandson of the conquistador Juan Ponce de Leon (1474-1521).
- The city of Ponce is often referred to as The Pearl of the South (La Perla del Sur), The Manorial City (La Ciudad Senorial), and Genip City (La Ciudad de las Quenepas). It serves as governmental seat of the autonomous municipality and a regional hub for Government of Puerto Rico entities, like the Judiciary of Puerto Rico. Ponce is also the regional center for other federal government and commonwealth agencies.
- Municipality of Ponce, called officially Autonomous Municipality of Ponce, is situated in island's Southern Coastal Plain region, bordered on the south by Caribbean Sea. The municipality features a total of 31 wards (barrios), including nineteen outside the urban area and twelve in the urban area of the city.
- Ponce Pueblo district, situated in the downtown city area, is shared by several downtown barrios. It lies approx 4,8 km (3 ml) inland from the Caribbean shores. Ponce is the principal city of both Ponce Metropolitan Statistical Area and Ponce-Yauco-Coamo Combined Statistical Area. Ponce municipality is the 2nd largest by land area in Puerto Rico, and it was the first in the country to obtain autonomy, becoming Autonomous Municipality of Ponce (1992).
- Because of its historical importance, Ponce boasts with many points of interest for tourists. The downtown area of the city contains the bulk of tourist attractions. In recent years tourism has seen significant growth. In 2007, more than 6,000 tourists visited Ponce via cruise ships.
- Ponce has been named as Museum City for its quality museums. It is home to a many cultural assets like libraries, galleries, parks and museums, hundreds of historical buildings including residences, estates, schools, bridges, and frequent activities like carnivals and festivals.
Port Ponce cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Ponce, Puerto Rico. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|22 November, 2018|
|Serenade Of The Seas||08:00||17:00|
The Ponce cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Ponce, Puerto Rico.
If you lose the Ponce location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.