Porto Ercole is an Italian port town located in the municipality of Monte Argentario, Province of Grosseto, Tuscany. The town has a population of around 2,800 people (2001 census).
- Porto Ercole is one of the 2 major towns which form the township, together with Porto Santo Stefano. The name of the town is translated to "Port Hercules".
- The resort lies on the eastern side of promontory of Monte Argentario, and is 40 km (25 ml) from Grosseto, 7 km (4,3 ml) from Orbetello and 12 km (7,5 ml) from Porto Santo Stefano. Tombolo della Feniglia and Laguna di Orbetello are located to the north of Porto Ercole.
- The port town was mentioned for the first time in 1296, when the countess of Savona, Margherita Aldobrandeschi, ordered the building of a tower called Torre di Terra, which is the oldest core of Porto Ercole.
- The Italian Baroque painter Caravaggio (1571-1610), who was exiled by the Pope, died in the town of Porto Ercole on his way back to Rome. He was buried in a local church.
- In the latter half of the 20th century the Dutch Royal Family had a summer residence here.
- Porto Ercole was once linked via rail to Orbetello through a small rail line to Porto Santo Stefano, which closed in 1944. The former station, Porto Ercole-Terrarossa, was situated 4 km from the port town, in the hamlet of Terrarossa.
- Porto Ercole has 2 harbours: the old town's port, Porto Vecchio, and Cala Galera, in the northern bay.
Port Porto Ercole cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Porto Ercole, Italy. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ship||Arrival||Departure||Next Port of Call|
|18 May, 2018|
|SeaDream II||Civitavecchia, Rome, Italy|
|25 May, 2018|
|Royal Clipper||Civitavecchia, Rome, Italy|
The Porto Ercole cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Porto Ercole, Italy.
If you lose the Porto Ercole location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.