Rab is an island located in Croatia as well as a town of the same name situated off the northern Croatian coast in Adriatic Sea. Rab Island is situated on the northernmost part of Croatia's Dalmatian coast. The island covers a total area of approx 93,6 km2 (36,1 ml2) and has a population of around 9,330 people (2011 census).
- Considered to be the most beautiful of the islands in Kvarner gulf, Rab Island itself is a completely preserved late medieval settlement which served as a base for both Roman and Byzantine fleets. Settled by prehistoric Illyrians, the isle successively came under Roman, Greek, Croatian, Austrian, Venetian, French, Italian and Yugoslavian rule. The principal walled city of Rab, is among the most popular resorts in Croatia.
- The island of Rab was mentioned for the first time in Periplus of Pseudo-Scylax (a Greek source, 360 BC) and later by other Roman and Greek geographists by the name "Arba". The name belonged to Liburnians, so far the oldest inhabitants of the island.
- Rab Island is 22 km (14 ml) long. Its highest peak is Kamenjak (408 m). The island's northeastern side is mostly barren, karst, while its southwestern side is covered by one of Mediterranean's last oak forests.
- Ferries link Rab Island with the mainland Stinica port and with neighbouring islands of Pag and Krk. European Coastal Airlines offers daily connections via seaplane from Rab to Zagreb and Rijeka by Rijeka Airport in Omisalj on the neighboring Krk Island.
- Tourists may explore the network of teeny streets or visit the ruins of the St John the Evangelist Basilica. It is the first in a line of 4 bell towers on a ridge that dominates the old town. Several historically interesting houses have been built by patrician Venetian families.
Highlights: Medieval Walls, Croatian resort, Basilica of St John the Evangelist
Rab Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Rab Island Croatia dock (anchor) at Rab - port town on the eastern coast.
Port Rab Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Rab Island, Rab, Croatia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|14 August, 2018|
|Sea Cloud II||08:00||13:00|
|14 August, 2018|
|17 August, 2018|
The Rab Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Rab Island, Rab, Croatia.
If you lose the Rab Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.