Rheinau is a Rhine River cruise port located in southwestern Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany. The town covers a total area of approx 73,43 km2 (28,35 ml2) and has population of around 11,120 people (2015 census).
- Rheinau is part of Ortenau district. it lies in the Upper Rhine River Plains right on the Rhine and as such at the border between Germany and France. The town center is located immediately on the river crossing to France. The southern borough of Linx is not far from Strasbourg and Kehl.
- Rheinau has common borders with the following towns and cities, listed from the north, clockwise: Lichtenau (Rastatt district), Achern, Renchen, Appenweier, Kehl (Ortenau district) and Alsatian town Gambsheim.
- The town of Rheinau consists of Freistett boroughs (Hauptort and Rheinau's administrative seat with city hall), Diersheim, Helmlingen, Hausgereut, Honau, Holzhausen, Linx, Rheinbischofsheim, Memprechtshofen.
- Rheinau was established in 1975 during Baden-Wurttemberg district reform via the combination of formerly independent communities, including Diersheim, Freistett, Hausgereut, Honau, Helmlingen, Hohbühn, Holzhausen, Linx, Memprechtshofen and Rheinbischofsheim.
- Notable buildingsin Rheinau include Lutheran Church Rheinbischhofsheim (the largest church in the area, 56 m high, built in 1876 and remodeled in 1998); St. Nikolaus Church; Heidenkirchl in Freistett.
- Every Friday morning a farmers' market is held in Freistett.
The Rheinau cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Rheinau, Germany.
If you lose the Rheinau location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.