Saint-Florent (San Fiurenzu in Corsican) is a commune located in Haute-Corse department, France on Corsica Island. The commune covers a total area of approx 17,98 km2 (6,94 ml2) and has a population of around 1,640 people (2008 census).
- Originally a fishing port situated in the gulf of the same name, today pleasure boats have largely taken the fishing vessels' place. Currently, Saint-Florent is a popular summer vacation site for many tourists due to its proximity to Patrimonio vineyards and Saleccia beach.
- Saint-Florent was created during the 16th century by the Genoese as a base to carry out a lot of repressive operations against Corsican patriots in the nearby villages. France later used the port to disembark hordes of colonists and mercenaries during August 1764 to subject independent Corsican inhabitants. After the defeat at Ponte Novu Bridge, Pasquale Paoli's army, who was sometimes called "Father of Corsica", via help by the fleet of Horatio Nelson, in 1794 reconquered Saint-Florent during the Anglo-Corsican rule.
- Saint-Florent features a typical Mediterranean climate with mild winters and temperatures rarely dropping below zero which give way to long, warm and dry summers with temperatures peaking at about 35 °C (95 °F) in July and August.
- The monuments of the commune include the Genoese citadel built at the same time as the city, in 1440, and Romanesque Saint-Florent Cathedral, or cathedral of the Nebbio, currently the church of Santa Maria Assunta.
- Close to the village lie the Genoese towers Torra di Fornali, Torra di Mortella and Torra di San Fiurenzu.
Highlights: Old Town, Genoese Citadel, Cap Corse
The Saint-Florent cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Saint-Florent, Corsica, France.
If you lose the Saint-Florent location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Saint-Florent cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Saint-Florent, Corsica, France. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
12 June, 2017
22 June, 2017