Torbay is a port borough located in Devon, England. It covers a total area of approx 62,87 km2 (24,27 ml2) of land (including the towns of Brixham, Paignton and Torquay) and has population of around 130,960 people (2011 census).
- Torbay is administered by unitary authority of Torbay Council. It lies around east-facing natural harbour named Tor Bay on the English Channel and is roughly equidistant from the cities of Plymouth and Exeter.
- That the area of Torbay has been inhabited since Paleolithic times is evident by human bones and tools discovered in Kents Cavern, Torquay. A maxilla fragment famous as Kents Cavern 4 is probably the oldest example of modern human in Europe, which dates back to 37,000–40,000 years ago. During the period when Britain was part of the Roman Empire, Roman soldiers have visited Torquay leaving offerings at curious rock formation (known as "The Face") in Kent's Cavern.
- A popular tourist destination with extended urban area of resort towns, the mild climate, sandy beaches, recreational and leisure attractions of Torbay have given it the nickname of "English Riviera".
- The main industry of Torbay is tourism. It has a big number of European students who learn English.
- The fishing port of Brixham shelters one of Wales and England's most successful fishing fleets. It is also the base for Torbay Lifeboat Station and Her Majesty's Coastguard.
- Because of the mild climate of the region, Torbay palm trees are common along the coast. However, the 'palm' is actually a lily (Cordyline australis), that originates from New Zealand where it's popular as cabbage tree because of its edible young shoots. The trees also flourish elsewhere in the United Kingdom.
The Torbay cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Torbay, England.
If you lose the Torbay location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Torbay cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Torbay, England. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
2 May, 2017