Xanten is a port town located in state North Rhine-Westphalia state, in the district of Wesel, Gemany. The town covers a total area of approx 72,39 km2 (27,95 ml2) and has population of around 21,510 people (2015 census).
- Xanten is famous for its Archaeological Park, which is one of the world's largest archaeological open air museums, built at the site of Roman settlements Colonia Ulpia Traiana. Popular tourist attractions also include the medieval town centre which boasts with the Xanten Cathedral, museums and man-made lakes for a variety of watersport activities. Approx one million tourists visit Xanten annually.
- Xanten is the only town in Germany whose name begins with "X". It is made up of 3 boroughs (Ortsteile): the town centre, Hochbruch and Niederbruch.
- The town of Xanten borders Lower Rhine and Rees to the north, the towns of Kalkar and Uedem to the west, the town of Wesel to the east, the municipalities of Sonsbeck and Alpen to the south.
- Airport Weeze is the nearest international airport in Weeze (also called Ryanair hub, Niederrhein Airport, 25 km/15,5 ml); the nearest intercontinental airport - Düsseldorf Airport (60 km/37 ml).
- The Archaologischer Park Xanten was built on the site of Roman town. Currently it is among the most frequently visited German parks. In 2012, the park was expanded to about the whole area of Roman colonia after Bundesstrabe 57 was moved away.
- At Xantener Nordsee and Xantener Sudsee, two lakes linked by a channel near the localities Vynen and Wardt, Xanten Leisure Center (Freizeitzentrum Xanten) was established in 1982. Currently, it's a popular destination for sailors.
- On November 28, 1988 the town of Xanten was granted a title of state-recognized leisure town (Staatlich anerkannter Erholungsort) as the first such settlement in the region of Dusseldorf.
Highlights: Roman town, Cathedral, Market place
Port Xanten cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Xanten, Germany. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|7 August, 2018|
|17 August, 2018|
|21 August, 2018|
The Xanten cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Xanten, Germany.
If you lose the Xanten location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.