This is a hub page for Carnival cruise information, secrets, tips and tricks, advice. The content here is updated constantly whenever new information or changes in information are revealed online. This is our modest Carnival cruise "tips and tricks" help and advice for all the coolest-hot fans of the world's best, cheapest and absolutely most-fun cruise line - ever! Part of this survey is also our new "Carnival Cruise Line Prices" section.
Check what are the new Carnival cruise prices - the optional (free will, baby!) additional cost of your Carnival Fun Ship vacation experiences, added directly to your Carnival fun ship ticket price if you really need to enjoy something "more fun than usual". From here you can browse our Carnival cruise information section, also see information on prices or all the rest in our Carnival cruise tips and tricks.
Carnival cruise secrets, tips and tricks
We take the Carnival Cruise Lines information subject seriously, and many of the most popular topics are reviewed separately. So if your interested in a particular subject - just follow our internal links. Enjoy!
How to get the best "Carnival" prices
Best prices on Carnival cruises are a real deal when you choose:
- Carnival's Early Saver booking (20-30% off, depending on the itinerary length) is always combined with Price Protection guarantee.
- Special offers by the "Concierge Club" loyalty program and any Carnival discounts / promotions available at booking (check for the Carnival promo codes), group booking (15 plus passengers).
- low season travel deals (depend on destination, but the ever best are for early spring and fall. This is just when the best deals on Carnival ships Repositioning are hitting for the following destinations - Transatlantic and Panama Canal crossings (California - Florida), East Coast (Canada - Florida) and West Coast (to and from Alaska, often with Hawaii).
- Carnival Last Minute deals - if you got the balls for it! Up to 70% lower rates. But it's a big-balls big thing - waiting until the very last moment to book a Carnival deal is nothing short to speculation. You may end up drinking beer ashore, the wife and kids yapping constantly at you about your mischief, and only tracking your Fun Ship's position online.
- best-money-for-value deals by Carnival - free cabin upgrade (with availability - up to 7 grades up for free), booking a Carnival suite (lots of extras there), package deals, specialty dining at most affordable charges, duty-free shopping and "high energy" gambling on board, and all the rest that costs extra and adds more to the Fun Ship experiences. You know your pocket - so you know best.
Carnival cruise information
Along with the survey on the average prices on Carnival cruise ships, we also give you categorized info on the cost of almost all Carnival Lines services and products. And even a review of the CCL quotes (it's the Carnival Cruises shares Stock Exchange Index/code).
As anything in life, the fun always has its not small price. And we all know how the price of happiness is increasing faster than it should. We'll continue to add more Carnival prices related information (and correct the old one in the process), so visit us regularly to see what's going on at the "Fun Ship Money Market".
- What is the cost of Carnival cruises? From the fleet select a boat and search its schedules. There are listed all available for booking itineraries with lowest ticket prices per person (double occupancy Inside Cabin rates).
- Spa prices, Cloud 9 Spa prices
- Alcohol/Drinks prices
- Bar Menu Prices
- Bon Voyage liquor/gifts/services (Fun Shops)
- Steakhouse prices
- Wedding/Honeymoon packages prices
- WiFi/Internet access cost
- Casino money/cash review
- CCL Shares
- Tipping Policy / Gratuities
- And after getting the answers of all your top Carnival-Fun-Money questions - go to the balance-article about what is free and what is included in your Carnival ticket price.
- Are Carnival Cruises all inclusive (what will cost you extra)
- Free post cards are available at the ship's pursers desk.
- Your cabin steward is your best buddy on the boat in terms of extra perks - think of extra pillows, for example.
And all about the Carnival Cruise Lines:
- Dining Options, Menus, Drink Packages, Drink Recipes
- Free Cruise Offers / Scams
- VIFP Loyalty Program / FTTF
- Dress Code
- Kids Program
- Ports, Shore Excursions
- Fun Ships
- Fun Ship 2.0 refurbishments
- Carnival news and updates
Carnival cruise price comparison websites
The actual Carnival cruise rates can be found through a travel agency/agent, providing regularly updated deals with real-time values. Check for the best Carnival deals at some of the following top best cruise travel booking sites.
- Big Business Biggest players are Expedia.com, Orbitz.com, Travelocity.com, PriceLine.com, and of course, Carnival.com
- The smaller league is best represented by CruiseCritic, CruisesCOM, CruiseDirect, IgluCruise, VacationsToGo, Travel2000. You guys don't underestimate the smaller business's special deals and top offers! These fellas surely have more to lose if they lose you, so the customer's satisfaction by great bargains and bonuses is their top most priority.
I strongly recommend to compare deals by both prices and inclusions. Simply because the money is always a treacherous thing - for a few bucks less they'll get something of good value out of you. And I'm not referring to the dignity thing here, it'll be a material one. Like a port hole, or a window, some bonus amenity, something. This is the main reason for you closely to compare rates for different Carnival cruise cabin types. Often you'll need to add a total of US $100-200 to indulge yourself with a balcony. Or even a suite accommodation (with late deals), which comes with complimentary services and bonus amenities. But if you're a budget-minded vacationer - yes, the cruise stateroom is mostly bed and shower, the most fun is really out there, to hell with the window - lets get this party started!
Carnival cruise information
- Carnival cruise toll free number is 800-327-9501.
- Booking a cruise online? Start from Carnival website's "Quick Search" or "Find A Cruise". Or, go right to the page of ship that you prefer. Choose "Cruise Details" and select the number of guests, then click the price link for the stateroom's type. Fill in your information and provide the same for any additional passengers. The last step is to supply Carnival with your payment details.
- Price protection assurance with Early Saver says that if a traveller finds lower Carnival advertised fare but he/she has already booked the cruise, Carnival will issue the difference in the form of non-refundable onboard credit. A price protection claim form has to be completed, available at link.
- Carnival requires proper travel documentation at embarkation and throughout voyage. Any guest without proper documentation will not be allowed to board the ship, no refund will be issued. Carnival recommends all guests to sail with a passport. Though not required for the U.S. citizens on cruises beginning and ending in the same/different U.S. port, the passport may help expedite the CBP clearance upon your return to the U.S. In addition to citizenship's proof, a government-issued non-expired photo I.D. is required of guests 16 years/older. The following are acceptable: Driver’s Permit, Driver’s License, Government-Issued identification card, school/student I.D (for guests under 19).
- Carnival prohibits certain items to be brought onboard. Confiscated Items include alcohol (hard liquor), beer, wine or champagne beyond the allowable limits - one bottle (750 ml) per adult in their carry-on; steamers and clothing irons; household and electrical appliances; hookah; heating pads. Exceptions include personal grooming devices; electronics (laptops, cellular phones, cameras); electrical devices (all allowed when used with proper caution).
- Check in at least 1 ½ h prior to departure, otherwise you risk cancellation of reservation. Security Checkpoint includes going through x-ray security machines with the carry-on luggage (you'll have it checked in if exceeding 24"/16"/30". Carnival Cruises offer transportation services at most ports.
- 6 months is the minimum age for sailing, with the exceptions of Hawaii, South American and Transatlantic cruises, which are 12 months. Babysitting services (Night Owls) for children ages 11/younger are provided during the 10p.m.-1a.m. interval and include movies, board and video games, drinks and snacks. It’s $6.75 per hour/per child.
- Parents with kids aged 3 and younger are provided with a phone while on board. Parents with kids 4 and 5 years are provided with phones depending on ship’s availability. Parents of kids with special needs and allergies are also provided with phones. There is no charge for the service.
- Carnival Cruises policy regarding passengers traveling with minors or alone states that cruisers under the age of 21 have to travel with a guardian/relative of 25yo/older. Those who are 18-20yo don't have any restrictions to book whatever location they like, but passengers 13-17 years of age have to be booked up to 3 cabins away from their guardian/relative; the 12yo/younger (when booking separate rooms) must either be next door or directly across the hall. Exceptions are as follows: legally married couples, qualified military personnel.
- Effective on voyages which depart October 9, 2014/thereafter, staterooms and suites are entirely smoke free, including the outside balconies. Cigarette/E-cigarette smoking is still allowed in designated open deck areas, in the night clubs, and in certain areas within Carnival casino (for playing guests only) and casino bar. Pipe and cigar smoking is also allowed in designated open deck areas. Guests who smoke in the staterooms/on balconies are assessed $250 cleaning/refreshing fee on the Sail&Sign account.
- Carnival Cruise Lines offer advanced roaming network, allowing guests to make and receive calls at sea using their own mobile phone/telephone number. International roaming charges are billed by guests' home mobile carrier.
- Guests may use personal checks on board in order to acquire cash advance. 5.5% of the value or a flat fee of $5.50 (if the requested amount is $100 or less) is charged. Traveler's Checks (as well as Canadian Traveler's Checks) are cashed on board at Guest Services Desk, no fee is applied. Money orders or bank issued cashier's checks are not accepted on board. Carnival guests can make balance inquiries and withdraw funds on their accounts while the ship is at sea or in port. A $6.00 fee per transaction is applied for the service which is controlled by the bank sponsoring the ATMs.
- Should a passenger require medical attention while on board, the Carnival Medical Center staff is ready to help 24 hours a day.
- Guests who want to change dining after they're onboard, have to see the Maitre d’ and discuss if any changes are possible.
- Each Carnival ship provides at least 2 self-service launderettes on the stateroom decks. Two or three dryers and washers are also available, and one iron/ironing board in each of the launderettes. $3.00 fare per washer/dryer load is applied.
- International assistance is available by the multilingual Purser. Languages spoken include: Spanish, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Russian and Japanese.
- In order to obtain luggage tags, see the last page of the cruise documents. Print as many as you need by accessing your booking - view cruise details and select the link from To-Do List section.
Carnival cruise "Tips and Tricks" from the Fun Ship videos
We offer you here our special selection of several easy to comprehend video materials which source is the CCL's official website Carnival.com
Daily activities on Carnival ships
Carnival ships night life
Carnival ships entertainment options
Family travel with the "Fun Ship" line
Carnival military discount information and FAQs
This is review of Carnival's "Military Discount" requirements (rules, travel documents) who can qualify for the military promotions and who is eligible for Carnival's military rates.
Company's "military cruise rate" promos only continue its recognition and support for the military. In January 2016 was launched the "Honor. Family. Fun.". This program is via partnership with Carrie Underwood (US singer, songwriter, actress) and "Operation Homefront" (US nonprofit supporting military families).
What travel documents are needed for the Carnival cruise military discount?
These deals are some of the cheapest (though available only on select voyages per year) and some of the most attractive as low-priced cruises of all Carnival's specials and promotions. The short answer to "how much is the military discount for Carnival cruises" is 20-25%.
- Carnival no longer requires a copy of the military photo ID.
- Documents may be submitted to the Carnival Lines' Interline Desk by: Mail to "Carnival Cruise Lines, Interline Desk, Guest Services MSGP-456s" (the address is "3655 NW 87 Avenue, Miami FL 33178-2428"), Fax (305 406-6478) or E-Mail at Interline@Carnival.Com.
- To request all Military Service Record Forms (all the Carnival US military personnel documents) - follow this link to archives.gov.
- All documents must be submitted with payment within 24 hours (when booking a trip inside 1 week prior to sailing) and 72 hours (for bookings outside 1 week prior to sailing).
- Like all travel discounts, Carnival military cruise deals are based on availability. Individual deposit and cancellation policies do apply.
- The "Military Tips" per day are the same as for the rest of your fellow passengers - USD 11,50 pp (no "lower rates" here, read more about the Carnival Lines gratuities).
- Military Upgrades are an additional special offering from 2 up to 7 categories free cabin upgrades (or at again discounted prices) - these specials depend solely on availability. You should ask your travel agency about any available special offers considering your sailing date. Some offers may include additional bonuses - like pre-post-cruise hotel packages deals, also at discounted rates (per room per night, with breakfast, transfers and free parking during your sailing).
- Carnival Military discount promotion codes (military rate code) are provided upon cruise booking.
What are the Carnival cruise military discount requirements and rules?
Before continuing with the actual Carnival military requirements, know that for military discount cruises are applicable all deals excluding only cruises for Christmas and New Year's. These specials are not combinable with other promotions or discounts, but may be combined with 3-4-5 guest promotions. And always the qualified military guest (or the spouse) must occupy the booked cabin in order for the cabin to retain the military rate.
- Who can qualify for the Carnival Cruise Lines military discounts? These special deals are related to guests who are or were enlisted (retired personnel and veterans) in any of the USAF (the US Armed Forces), consisting of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, Coast Guard. Also uniformed members of the USPHS (US Public Health Services) or the Canadian National Defense and Canadian Forces (DND/CF). To qualify for these promotions a person must be either on an active duty or to have served at least two years (for the Canadians this requirement is ten years) or during a wartime period - both with an honorable discharge.
- A military guest is permitted to book only 1 cabin (he/she must travel in the cabin). Also permitted are spouses of an active military personnel (on active duty or stationed overseas) with the same requirement - to occupy the cabin (note: "spouses" also include "Same Gender Union Partner").
- The spouse is required to provide proof of eligibility - a copy of the official military orders, duties documentation, proof of marriage. Also eligible is spouse of deceased personnel (US or Canadian) - no matter active, retired or veterans. The widow/widower of a military person (active, retired, veteran) may book 1 cabin (she/he must occupy the cabin). The list of documents in this case includes a copy of the death certificate and the DD214/DD256 forms (for Canadians it's NDI75).
- Military personnel (minors 18, 19 and 20 years of age) are an exception to the Carnival Lines' Age Policy. Needed documents in this case are a copy of the military "Leave and Earning Statement" (the SSN is blackened out), and for cadets - a letter from their Commander.
- Not eligible for the promotion are employees of the US DOD (Department of Defense, civilian personnel), military affiliates and military contractors.
"Carnival Military Cruise" tips, tricks and secrets for first-timers
- Carnival cruise Veterans Discount - don't forget to tell your agent that you (or a family member) are part of the Armed Forces (no matter active, retired or discharged). Carnival is the only line to offer such discounts to anyone that ever served. You'll NEED your DD214 (or any equivalent) submitted within 48 hours to lock in the military rate. You only have to send Carnival the DD214 document once (e-mailed, faxed or mailed), from then you always will be eligible for this discount without even having to ask.
- Know, that this discount type isn't offered for all sailings (and not for all cabins), rates and promotions are constantly changing based on availability. When you book through Carnival.com - advanced search, check "military" to see if it's available for your departure date.
- Know, that the military rate is not always the least expensive, while the "Early Saver" discount is (the ES is when you book a 3-5 day trip 3 months in advance, and 6+ day trips 5 months in advance, it also offers the lowest price guarantee). However, the military rate could become the cheaper deal if the ES is past. So get a rundown of all the rates before you book.
- You'll not get special deals in a case of cancellation (recalled to duty, etc), but that's simply another reason to buy a travel Insurance.
- Usually, on board there are one to several vets meetings (depending on itinerary, check the "Funville Times" for details).
- And not only that you're allowed to wear military uniforms on formal nights on Carnival cruises, but wear them with pride and joy, holding your head up - many folks will great you with "Thank you for your service"! Lovely - no tux and jackets, huh?
Carnival Cruise Discount Codes and Coupons
Carnival Cruise Lines discount codes and coupons are a great chance to enjoy some of industry's cheapest deals ("last minute" excluded). Discount codes are often provided and are applicable when a payment is being processed also on other travel booking websites. Some of the best travel agencies usually have some of these "secret codes" regularly updated - for those who know what and where to look for.
What are Carnival cruise discount codes?
"FREE Carnival cruise promotion" surely sounds great! And "Carnival kids sail free offer" is another great (and quite catchy!) song for humming and tapping. But such deals are so rare, so special, and often - money-consuming. The Carnival's free cruise after 100 sailings, for example, is a great gift, isn't it? Free cabin upgrades happen more often, and all you need to do is an "Early Saver" booking - and check the price drops. With this one, if not a free cabin upgrade, at least the bonus onboard credit is a sure thing. And these are not promotions - it's just the way CCL handles its "Fun Ships" business of providing fun.
Generally speaking, most special Carnival deals are monetary discounts - a percentage off from the ticket prices. Discounts also depend on destination (passenger's residence), itinerary (region, length, call ports, tours / excursions), ship class, season.
Carnival's discount code eligibility requirements may include purchasing a particular item (or a minimum value) or may simply apply to your order specifically (for the luckiest ones). Discount codes will expire within a certain time period, and are available for usage only once. The mandatory rule is to sign up to Carnival.com
Carnival cruise promotion codes - where, and how it works?
Many folks are regularly looking for discount codes for Carnival cruises or general information about what are the promotion codes, do they save money (or add value), how much cost and where can you obtain such codes.
Generally, Carnival discount codes are few and far between, but promotions do happen for real, once in a while. Shore excursion promotion / discount codes often are posted while onboard the ship. You can cancel your previously booked tour and rebook with the promotion code with up to 50% off the price. Remember that these are promotional deals - if people purchase tours anyway, there is really no reason to lower prices often.
Most customers get e-mails with the discount codes (officially) emailed from Carnival). As sometimes these codes can also be found on travel agency websites too, to google "Carnival cruise promotion codes" is essential. Sometimes codes work, sometimes don't (expired or for other reasons), but it never hurts to try. Special / discount prices on Carnival cruise deals are attainable with:
- Military Discount Codes for military personnel (both retired or serving) or their spouses
- Group Discounts (15+ passengers, the "organizer" gets free cruise ticket)
- FREE cruise promotion by the Carnival VIFP Club loyalty program, also by participating in shipboard games and contests, playing bingo and casino games.
- Discounts for Florida residents, California, Utah, etc
- Free Cabin Upgrade - best cabin category deals at their lowest prices - GUARANTEED, with up to SIX categories upgrades!
- Carnival ships repositioning (RepositionCruises.com) - seasonal (Spring and Fall) change-homeport and transoceanic voyages, mostly to/from Europe and Alaska
- Family cruise offers for Alaska and Europe (seasonal discounts)
- Cheapest are Carnival's "Last Minute" deals and specials.
- The list of other most popular Carnival cruise promotion discounts includes: up to $260 onboard credit, free shore excursions, discounted destination rates (South America or Panama Canal, for example), for paying with VISA card, up to $200 cash-backs, Early Saver discounts (with early booking, "Best Price Guarantee"), "Absolute Lowest Price Sale".
- The list of best travel booking websites for Carnival discounts (after Carnival.com) are the wholesellers Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotwire.