This is CruiseMapper's "Carnival Cruise Wedding" dedicated page. Here we provide you with up-to-date information on cruise ship Wedding packages, Honeymoon packages and Vow Renewal packages, (cost and inclusions), the cruise line's Wedding-Honeymoon registry, as well as tips and advice.
Know that all these prices are additional to cruise fares. At sea weddings cost depends mostly on the package choice (inclusions) and the cruise port of call (part of the ship's scheduled itinerary).
Carnival Cruise Lines Wedding vacations and excursions feature affordable prices, romantic port and island destinations, popular itineraries (as both ports of call and shore excursions choices), huge fleet with different classes of ships, numerous home-ports (departure choices) and exotic destinations.
Carnival Cruise Weddings
Carnival Cruise Line has the biggest number of departure ports (homeports). Each of the "Fun Ships" offers large staterooms, unique onboard facilities, some of the industry's best cabin amenities, and highly trained specialists most qualified for your special occasion. All you have to do is to say the "I do" - and spend the wedding budget on a cruise ship vacation!
While most couples prefer to say "I Do" on the ship, a sunset on an idyllic beach or in some of the Caribbean's lavish gardens are "special romance" choices is not to be missed - at all!
First tip for your Carnival cruise ship wedding - leave all the planning fuss to the ship's wedding/honeymoon specialist. You'll have to choose only your favorite of all the countless ideas for your most special ever day at sea. Or you may set out all your preferences or concerns - there will be plenty of professional answers to all your questions, and numerous options for the type of ceremony itself - from simple to extravagant, traditional to exotic and adventurous, with the most unique requests.
Carnival cruise ship weddings as deals may provide lavish style and sophistication, as well as quiet and intimate choices - it's all about the money. The only rules to comply with are, one, that the ship must be docked at a US port or at permissible ports in the Caribbean (Puerto Rico, Barbados, Jamaica, Cozumel, Nassau, St Thomas), and two, cruise weddings must take place only in designated for this purpose areas. All Carnival Spirit-Class ships have their own onboard wedding chapel (also used for religious services, see their names in the list below). On other ships ceremonies usually take place in a lounge. Vows may also be exchanged on deck, but only if the ship is docked. As a rule, the captain is not allowed to perform a wedding ceremony, unless the ship is docked in Bermuda.
Carnival Cruise Wedding Policy and Rules
According to the Carnival Lines Wedding policy, you are allowed to invite family members and friends who are not passengers. They could join you on the ship while it's docked. Who and how can attend the ceremony? The type of Wedding Package purchased through Carnival determines the number of guests allowed to attend at the ceremony/reception. Sailing guests (paying passengers) will be allowed to participate as well.
Due to security reasons, there are some restrictions imposed on non-sailing guests - those are permitted to board the ship, but you'll have to compile a list of your special guests - their legal names, birthdays, state-issued IDs. Also, your guests will have to show proper identification upon boarding your ship. In some foreign ports you may not be allowed to bring on board non-sailing guests at all. You should contact the relevant government officials or the ship's wedding coordinator for marriage license requirements/fees.
Not allowed on cruise weddings, restrictions
- Not allowed are: bubbles, rice, bird seed, flower petals, confetti, balloons and candles, personal servers, knives, flowers, food, also outside photographers, entertainment, equipment.
- Couples with their own minister - limited to a 20 min ceremony.
- Couples with their own music - limited to 3 songs.
- Guests number limit is max 50 non-cruising guests per wedding.
Carnival cruise marriage license
You are responsible for obtaining a marriage license (which is for a fee) from your cruise wedding destination. You also have to know some stuff regarding the wedding regulations of that country. Some destinations require that you apply for the wedding license in person, other allow submitting an application via mail. The cost of marriage licenses varies by state - from $25 in Alaska to $150 (Florida). Often, your Carnival wedding coordinator can assist you in obtaining your license (for a fee, of course) or at least can provide you with all the information needed to apply for one.
Carnival Cruise Wedding-Honeymoon Registry
- Step 1 - register your Wedding/Honeymoon plans! Signup for free at carnival.honeymoonwishes.com, select the destination, register for activities, tours and excursions, cabin upgrades, etc.
- Step 2 - reveal your plan to friends and family! Use the CCL's social media tools (Facebook), send announcement cards or use the CCL's email utility to inform friends/family where's your registry.
- Step 3 - receive the gifts! Your friends and family members will visit your registry to purchase from all gifts you've selected there. They will be able to fill in a "gift card" to let you know what gift they've purchased for you.
- Step 4 - enjoy it!
Carnival Cruise Wedding Packages
The list of Carnival Wedding cruise ships with chapels (offering Shipboard Weddings) includes Breeze, Conquest, Legend, Miracle, Pride and Spirit. The ships chapels are used for both secular and religious purposes. All Carnival ships host both onboard weddings and ashore (in port) ceremonies.
Cruise Wedding Package inclusions
What is included in Carnival's wedding packages?
- the ceremony (performed by a local officiant)
- 8-flower Bridal Bouquet and matching Boutonnieres (roses or tropical)
- champagne flutes
- 3-Tiered wedding cake with cake topper, the cake cutting service, with new flavors (chocolate ganache, red velvet, coconut cream)
- wedding music (recorded)
- priority check-in (for the couple and their guests)
- a dedicated wedding agent and a personal coordinator.
- "Destination Wedding" packages include also transportation and tropical flowers.
- optional (at additional cost) are Wedding photo packages, video services, live music, tuxedo rentals.
- The Carnival ships without a chapel offer some of the lounges for such ceremonies. After the ceremony, the options range from an open bar with appetizers to a luncheon in the ship's specialty restaurant.
- Carnival cruise Weddings are never performed at sea, but either upon embarkation or while in a port of call.
- Onboard Wedding ceremonies are available only on embarkation day and while in US cruise ports (prior to the ship setting sail).
- maximum number of guests allowed - 50 (including the bride and the groom). Based on their number, 3- or 4-Tier Wedding Cake will be provided.
- not allowed are fireworks, balloons, confetti, candles, rice, rose petals.
- check availability prior to booking.
- Carnival Cruise Lines Weddings Department phone number 1-800-933-4968, Fax 1 (800) 638-1646.
- Carnival cruise Weddings are around 2,500 each year.
Carnival cruise ship Wedding Packages prices
Note: "Max Capacity" signifies the total number of participating people allowed (bride, groom, guests), plus Additional Guests Surcharge (tax excluded). With bullets are listed all inclusions (services) included the wedding package.
|Wedding Package||Cost (USD)||Max Capacity||Inclusions||Specials|
"Just You and Me" (intimate)
"Time to Celebrate" (family and friends)
20 (+ $22 per additional guests)
All from the 8-guests package, plus:
|1-hour cocktail reception|
"Time to Celebrate - BIG" (family and friends)
20 (+ $30 per additional guest)
The cocktail reception from the previous package replaced with 1 hour 30 min open bar (hot-cold hors d'ouevres)
|1 hour 30 min open bar|
"Let Us Serve You" (ceremony plus formal dining)
20 (+ $34,50 adult and $17,25 kid extra charge)
The open bar replaced with elegant Main Dining Room elegant dining: 4-course menu, with house wine or Champagne included
|Main Dining Room formal dinner|
"island Breeze" (shore weddings)
Carnival cruise port Wedding Packages prices
The short answer to what is the Carnival cruise ship Wedding cost - between $1,360 and your "idea of reasonable" (although it's usually up to $6,000). All prices listed below are not inclusive of sales taxes.
|Departure Port (sales tax, service fee, marriage license fee)||"Just You and Me" wedding package price||"Time to Celebrate" wedding package price||"Time to Celebrate BIG" wedding package price||"Let Us Serve You" wedding package price (island destinations)|
|(destination weddings) "Island Breeze" package price $1395 (SMATHERS beach)|
|(destination weddings) "Island Breeze" package price $2295 (beach)|
additional service fee $150
(destination weddings) "Island Breeze" package prices
additional service fee $150
(destination weddings) "Island Breeze" package prices
|$2475||(destination weddings) "Island Breeze" package price $2355 (GRAND OLD HOUSE, or SMITH COVE BEACH)|
|$1795||$1975||(destination weddings) "Island Breeze" package price $2155|
|$1455||$1995||$2175||(destination weddings) "Island Breeze" package price $2195 (beach)|
|$1895||$1595||(destination weddings) "Island Breeze" package price $2395 (EL CONVENTO hotel)|
|(destination weddings) "Island Breeze" package price $2275 (two options - "Lime Tree Beach Resort" and "Villa Harbor Lights")|
additional service fee $150
marriage license fee $65
SEASONAL Carnival cruise Wedding packages price SURCHARGES
To be added to the package cost)
- Between December 24 and January 4 - extra $150
- Between February 11 and 18 - extra $150
- In May and June - extra $100
- Cruise Holidays Weddings (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Eve) - extra $200
OLD Carnival Wedding packages 2013 cost
- "Just for the Bride and Groom" package prices from $1195 - max 6 guests, intimate, a champagne toast and cake cutting.
- "Welcome Aboard" package prices from $1635 - max 18 guests ($22 per additional guest), family and friends, 1 hr reception
- "Deluxe Romance" package prices from $1795 - max 18 guests ($30 per additional), 1,5 hr reception
- "The Ceremony and Wedding Luncheon" package prices from $1475 - max 6 guests ($34,50 per adult, $17,25 per kid under 12 yo), in the Main dining room, house wine, cake server, coffee-tea service, the menu options are mailed at booking
- "Destination Weddings" - prices inclusive of round-trip transfers (for the couple ONLY, not included in Cozumel). "Destination Weddings" are usually performed either in Key West, or in some of the permissible Caribbean ports of call, but mostly in Grand Cayman, Jamaica and Cozumel, Mexico.
- On-island wedding ceremonies are also available with a wide variety of all-inclusive amenities.
- Wedding packages must be booked 60+ business days prior to sailing, full payment at booking. All major credit cards are accepted, not accepted are personal checks.
- "Hearts Forever" is a romantic package which includes a bottle of sparking wine (Korbel) with two Champagne flutes etched "Romance". Also included are a heart themed 4x6 photo frame and a Tic-Tac-Toe game (pieces cut in heart shapes).
- The onboard wedding specialist will help you design your very own package.
Carnival cruise Honeymoon, Vow Renewals
Carnival cruise Honeymoon packages inclusions
- 2 happily ever after honeymooners, and their Cruise Honeymoon registry money
- 2 pair of beach sandals (leaving "Just Married" sand footprints)
- a black baseball cap and a black T-shirt ("Groom" printed in white), a white visor and a white T-shirt ("Bride" embroidered in gold)
- 2 sets of key-rings in a black case.
- Carnival Anniversary package "Hearts Forever": a bottle of sparking wine with 2 "Anniversary" Champagne flutes, a photo frame, and a puzzle game with heart-shaped pieces.
Carnival cruise Vow Renewals packages cost
Vow Renewals on Carnival cruises are almost like the weddings - but cheaper. Vow Renewals can be performed on board, but many couples chose to renew their wedding vows on the beach and to do the reception on the ship. A person from Guest Services (wedding hostess) will be in charge of the onboard ceremony. The vow renewal ceremony can not be performed on a formal night or on embarkation day. And the time must fit with the captain's schedule if you insist on his presence (depending on which you choose from port days or a sea day).
- a certificate (signed by the captain)
- 1 long-stemmed rose (wife), a matching rose boutonniere (husband)
- sparkling wine/Champagne toast
- keepsake flutes
- a 2-tier wedding cake
- included in the package is also one 8x10 photo.
- You may add an open bar, appetizers and photographer at additional cost.
- "Basic" package ($450): the couple + 6 guests, for additional quests $12 per person)
- "Deluxe" package ($850): the couple + 18 guests, for additional guests $22 PP). The Deluxe package additionally includes a reception (1-hour open bar and hot/cold canapes).
- Vow Renewals are performed by the ship's Captain, either in some of the onboard lounges or in the onboard Chapel. All Vow Renewal ceremonies include an aisle runner, decorative floral arrangements and pre-recorded themed music.
- Vow Renewals are totally symbolic and have no legal/binding effect.
- Couples with different last names will be required to furnish proof of marriage.
- A full refund is provided for cancellations received 31 days prior to sailing (there's a $150 cancellation fee if received within 30 days prior to sailing).
- The number of couples who need to revitalize their relationship romantically by using the Carnival cruise Vow Renewal services is around 1000 annually.
Carnival cruise Wedding-Honeymoon gifts prices
- "XOXO Forever" $50
- "Wedding Elegance" $25
- "High Seas Gift Set" $83
- "Memory Box" - "Just Married" $13
- "Etched Champagne Flutes" $19
- "Love Scrapbook Album" $25
- "Love and Romance" (1 rose, chocolates, champagne)- "Prosecco" $50, "Dom Perignon" $225.
- For more cost related surveys go to our Carnival cruise prices information hub.
Carnival Fun Shops packages cost
Here are listed the prices of Bon Voyage Honeymoon gifts from ship's Fun Shops, including "Stateroom Decorations" (themed "Happy Anniversary" and "Happy Honeymoon") and "Love and Romance" packages ("Prosecco" and "Dom Perignon").
- Formal Night Attire rental services on the ship are offered due to company's formal dinner dress code rules. All measurements are required at ordering time. Tuxedo rentals prices vary by departure port. Vests are available only as part of a tuxedo rental. A cancellation penalty can apply. Passenger report on rent prices from Formality Shop onboard - pants ($35), jacket ($40).
- Bon Voyage/Fun Shop is open for business from Monday through Friday (9 AM to 6 PM EST) and closed on Memorial-Independence-Labor days, Thanksgiving, Christmas-New Years days.
- Bon Voyage/Fun Shop orders are accepted up to 1 week prior departure.
- If an item is not available at sailing time, an item of equal value will be substituted.
- Fun Shop purchases will not show up on your booking info (meant to be a surprise after all). Carnival sends conformation emails. If you didn't receive the email (sometimes it just happens) - send request for confirmation.
Bon Voyage / Fun Shops "Special Occasions" gifts
|"Deluxe High Seas Gift Set"||$89,95||2 t-shirts (sizes S-2X), 2 matching visors, 2 blue towels, a set Carnival etched champagne flutes, 1 bottle of Korbel Champagne, and 1bar credit ($23) and 1 photo credit ($15) both automatically applied to your S&S account (non refundable).|
"Love and Romance" packages ("Prosecco", and "Dom Perignon")
|"Wedding Elegance" package||$9,95||"Bride and Groom Wedding Bears" package|
"Stateroom Decorations" packages (Fun Shops prices)
They are limited 1 kit per cabin), all including 4 streamers leading off a center ceiling, 4 danglers among the streamers, a 6ft long specialty banner and a 20" table centerpiece.
|"Happy Anniversary"||$35||for anniversary couples, hanging hearts, anniversary wishes, "Happy Anniversary" banner|
|"Happy Honeymoon"||$35||for honeymoon couples, "Happy Honeymoon" wishes, hanging hearts, "Happy Honeymoon" banner|
|"Bon Voyage" kit||$35||hanging ringers, Bon Voyage wishes, featuring "Bon Voyage" banner|
|"Congratulations"||$35||Congratulation wishes, hanging stars, "Congrats" wishes, "Congratulations" banner|
|"Happy Birthday" kit||$35||hanging stars, Birthday wishes, "Happy Birthday" banner|
|"Mis Quince" kit||$35||for teens, Happy 15th Birthday wishes, "Happy 15th Birthday" banner.|
(Fun Shops) Carnival "cruise flowers" - prices of roses and bouquets
What is the price to order/send flowers on Carnival ships? Bouquets prices vary (surcharge in some ports) and varieties / components also may vary by port. All roses are long-stem, in a tall glass vase. Deluxe bouquets are in cylinder glass vases.
|Deluxe (2 dozen)||$115||red/pink/yellow roses|
|Classic (2 dozen)||$95||red/pink/yellow roses|
|Ribbon Tied (1 dozen)||$75||red/pink/yellow roses|
|Classic (1 dozen)||$65||red/pink/yellow roses|
|Half dozen||$45||red roses|
|"Mixed Flowers"||$39||seasonal flowers in a cylinder glass vase|
|"Deluxe Mixed"||$46||in a tall glass vase|
|"Tropical"||$55||exotic flowers in a tall vase|
|"Deluxe Tropical"||$85||in a cylinder glass vase|
Carnival "cruise cakes" prices (Fun Shops "Occasions Cakes")
Fun Shops sell the following cakes - Anniversary, Birthday, Honeymoon, Congartulations, and Bon Voyage Cakes.
- Prices are based on size - 6-inch ( $10) and 9-inch ($14).
- Each cake includes either vanilla with strawberry filling or chocolate with chocolate mousse filling.
- A 6-inch cake serves up to 6 people. A 9-inch cake serves up to 10 people.
- All cakes are round-shaped, except "Anniversary" and Honeymoon" cakes (heart-shaped).
- Sugar-free cakes are available on request.
Carnival cruise Chocolate prices ("Cherry on Top" shop offers)
|Product name||Price (USD)||Inclusions|
|"Chocolate Delight" (strawberries)||$12,50||4 chocolate-dipped strawberries and assorted chocolate nuggets (contains nuts)|
|"Chocolate Fun Ship"||$13||weight 8-oz, solid chocolate|
|"Ocean of Sweets"||$14||(total weight 1,5lbs, a variety of sweets:) skittles, gourmet jelly beans, gummy bears and chocolate covered raisins|
|"Canape Tray"||$18||(delivered only upon request, all on white bread) Salmon and cream cheese, grilled Portobello mushrooms and roasted peppers, Chicken Confit and Mango wedge, Duck Confit and bean Cassoulet|
|"Freshly Baked Cookies" (4 / dozen)||$6 / $16||(baked on board) 4 or 1 dozen in a logoed box, 4 varieties: Chocolate (Chip and Crunch), Macadamia Nut and Honey Raisin|
|Cookies - "Jar" and "Trio Box"||$9 and $12||quart jar, while the trio has 3bags of chocolate/plane-janes/brownie|
|Candies - "Giant Box" and "Ocean of Sweets"||$19 and $14||wrapped candies, while the "ocean" (1,5lbs) has skittles/jelly beans/gummy bears/choco raisins|
Carnival Bon Voyage Fruit Baskets prices (Fun Shops)
|Product name||Price (USD)||Inclusions|
|Fruit Supreme and Red or White Wine||$50||2 apples, 2 pears, 4 oranges, 4 bananas, 3 seasonal fruits, 24oz grapes, 1 pkg dried fruits, 2 pkg smoked almonds, cheeses (4 mini-Gruyers, 2 Bonbel, 2 Rondelle), 6 pkg Carr's table water biscuits, 1 bottle of red/white wine, all packed in a gift basket|
|Fruit + Gift||$28||2 apples, 2 pears, 4 oranges, 4 bananas, 2 seasonal fruits, 18oz grapes, 1 pkg dried fruits, 1 pkg smoked almonds, cheeses (2 mini-Gruyers, 1 Bonbel, 1 Rondelle) and 4 pkg Carr's table water biscuits (sesame) in a gift basket|
|"Purely Fruit"||$20||(2 of each) apples, pears, oranges, bananas, 2 seasonal fruits, 12oz grapes, 1 pkg dried fruits, 1 pkg smoked almonds, served in a gift basket|