Like the steamboat’s public rooms, the American Queen cabins are also decorated and furnitured with Victorian-style antiques and reproductions. Staterooms and suites decoration features polished wood, Victorian color patterns, steamboat era’s framed photos. Beds in all cabins are most comfortable, dressed in luxury linens, and with plenty underbed storage space. Handicap / wheelchair-accessible cabins (for disabled passengers) are available in all cabin grades, excepting those for singles / solo travelers. The number of all cabin categories is 12.
In most staterooms there are 2 twin beds convertible to queen. Most of the balcony cabins open to the promenade decks, and have not private balconies. Still, each one of these verandas is equipped with 2 chairs and 1 cocktail table.
Follows the review of American Queen riverboat cabins as amenities, furniture and included (complimentary) services:
- SUITES (categories LS and AAA) are with either full-size bed (antique design) or 2 single beds, private bathroom (WC, tub, shower), small sitting area with sofa bed, cocktail table with chairs, floor-ceiling glass doors opening onto balcony or deck.
- SUPERIOR STATEROOMS (category A) are opening onto balcony or deck floor-ceiling glass doors. Each cabin has private bath (tub & shower), with either two single or queen-size beds.
- DELUXE BALCONY ROOMS (categories AA, B, C, E) are with a bay/porthole window, or with floor-ceiling doors opening onto deck. Each cabin has private bathroom (tub & shower), with either two single or queen-size beds.
- OUTSIDE DELUXE CABINS (category D) are with floor-ceiling porthole /non-opening) windows, with private bathroom (tub & shower), and either two single or queen-size beds.
- INSIDE CABINS (categories F, G, SI-Single Inside) each have 2 single beds, some are with additional bunk bed. Eight of these categories rooms are offered with single occupancy rates.
- All staterooms have individually controlled air-conditioning, Keurig brewer (tea/coffee machine), mini-bar/fridge, binocular, personal safe, wardrobe, dresser with ample drawer space, phone, alarm clock, luxury bath amenities (toiletries by Clarins, terry robes, hair dryer), plenty of outlets and lighting.
- Smoking inside the cabin and on the balcony is forbidden. The only smoking-allowed area on the ship is the sun deck.
- Complimentary soft drinks and bottled water are offered throughout the cruise.
- Complimentary wines and beers are offered at dinner only.
- Complimentary 24-hr available room service
- Complimentary self-service laundry – several machines are located around the boat (soap is provided), no dry-cleaning on board.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi Internet.
- Offering all-inclusive package deals, American Queen cruise deals prices are also inclusive of all shore excursions (“Steamcoach Tours” by luxury motorcoaches), plus 1-night pre-cruise hotel package.
Commodore Services (cruise ship suite perks)
Commodore Services are the American Queen Steamboat Company's set of exclusive services reserved for American Queen cruise ship passengers booking categories AAA-, LS-Luxury, and OS-Owner suites. The list of bonus perks (price-inclusive / complimentary privileges) includes:
- gifts (upon arrival) - fruit basket and a bottle of wine
- suite tour (upon arrival)
- priority boarding and dining arrangements
- reserved balcony seating in "The Grand Saloon" (boat's theater / show lounge), with personal escort to the reserved seats
- private reception party with the ship's Captain and Senior Officers
- personal River Butler
- unpacking, hanging the clothes in the closet, packing, laundry, pressing service, shoeshine (conditioning)
- in-cabin dining - Afternoon Tea service, Breakfast and Dinner service (on the suite's balcony, upon request), pre-dinner canapes, post-dinner sweets).